Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Suggestion Megathread  (Read 2759 times)

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill barely matters.FreeKill barely matters.
    • Youtube Channel
Suggestion Megathread
« on: February 12, 2015, 11:04:12 PM »
Kick Override - I want to see support for weapons melee without needing a secondary attack (i.e. overriding the kick) with proper variables for adjusting damage and how far it would hit.

Weapon specification for Custom Combine Units - Say I made a fire themed unit skin as well as a couple of fire themed weapons, I would like to be able to throw that into the custom combine specifications as well as a weapon_randomize override.

Custom Crosshairs - Just like in SMOD, but maybe something extra thrown in, such as a drop down menu that we can select our various crosshairs from (like in CS:S).

I'm going to go ahead and sticky this thread in here so we don't have a clusterfuck of suggestion topics.

Offline Vedad1944

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Vedad1944 has no influence.
Re: Suggestion Megathread
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 07:35:19 PM »
Umm, I'm gonna keep it "short" and just paste this from a txt I made a couple of minutes ago, some essentials, useful, and cosmetic additions.

Code: [Select]
1. Sprint viewmodel animation coordinates, inside the weapon_custom.txt, OR use of a sprint animation event.
2. Viewmodel "eyes" attachment, that way when the animator animates the eyes/view he can make an "eyes" attachment in the qc of the viewmodel.
3. Custom shader support, so stuff like muzzle smoke trails can be added.
4. Custom muzzleflashes, multiple types.
5. More inputs and outputs for the viewmodel entity, so we can lets say, play an animation event ACT_VM_THUMBSUP via console by typing ent_fire viewmodel animate "ACT_VM_THUMBSUP".
6. Dry and loaded reloads, dry and loaded reload, 0 ammo in the clip dry reload, if more than 0 ammo in the clip a loaded reload plays and the clip ammo sets itself to the clip size + 1 (can be disabled in the weapon_custom.txt).
7. A sound channel that can play multiple overlaping sounds at once, so that we don't get sound clipping.
8. Player voice that varies on health percentage, one set of sounds for 100% HP, second for 50% HP, last 10% HP, and death sounds.
9. More types of recoil, FOV type recoil, "shake" type recoil, combined.
10. Custom NPCs, with custom sounds abilities, models, etc.
11. NPCs can climb ladders (would need an animation, but is possible to just let it run up like CS 1.6/Source/HL2DM etc.)
12. Weapon durability, can be enabled (and defined) via weapon_custom.txt and a console command, less broken weapons have a smaller chance to jam, they can be only dropped (fixing would be somewhat useless in the HL universe), jammed weapon would need to be reloaded.
13. Playerproxy
14. Multiplayer?
15. Health/Armor/Aux power management, amount, regenerative or not, speed of regen, sound IDs playable on certain amounts of these values, like in HL1 when the suit stated vocally how high your suit power is.
16. Grenade hotkey
17. Limb-based ragdoll gibbing, shot in the head with a shotgun causes head to dissapear (similar to the inflator in GMOD), same for arms, legs, bodygroups are usable aswell for a more detailed gibbing, with classic SMOD blood splatter.
18. Visor effects, blood, alien blood, scrapes, slashes, crushing effect, radiation causes static effect like in STALKER, poisoning causes screen to go into a grayish color and screen starts blurring more and more as the player gets damaged, reversed if player is recovering (duh).
19. More vehicles, nothing special, just simply more vehicle entities so multiple drivables are available.
20. Viewmodel hide (holster) on submerge/swim and/or play an activity defined in the weapon_custom.txt
21. Custom particles, can import the L4D2 explosion particle into system.
22. Physgun VERY similar to the GMOD one in sense of control, power etc.
23. An autocomplete list txt file.
24. A scripting language, lua/whatever.
25. Radar similar to the Counter Strike games, a simple vtf and can be configured (offset) via console commands, which is then saved in a text file.
26. Different types of iron sights, toggle and tap.
27. 3D HUD, where it can simulate a "helmet/visor" effect, gets affected by outside events (damaging, sprinting, screenshake etc.).
28. Damage specific effects, too many bulletholes cause bleeding, too much explosive damage causes mono sound among the other vanilla effects, crush damage, causes a special sound to play and elevates heart rate (loops heartbeat.wav for some time), radiation slowly decays your health (as soon as geiger counter goes off) instead of damaging you directly if you dive into yellow "slugde".
29. Real bullet tracers and gravity.
30. Attachment system, similar to the Counter Strike games, attach/remove a silencer/sight/mod. (These include changable viewmodel activities with weapon_custom.txt)

Thanks for reading TBSP DEV!

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 10:08:15 PM »
I can comment on some of those from testing the latest build
1, 10, 21, 22 are already implemented

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 12:32:30 AM »
What exactly are these suggestions for? Smod, Smod Redux, other?

Offline FreeKill

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 12:57:35 AM »
What exactly are these suggestions for? Smod, Smod Redux, other?

Tablespoon. It's a mod build from the code of SirMaster's SMMOD code. I think.

Offline Bitl

• Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 01:42:12 AM »
Umm, I'm gonna keep it "short" and just paste this from a txt I made a couple of minutes ago, some essentials, useful, and cosmetic additions.

1. Sprint viewmodel animation coordinates, inside the weapon_custom.txt, OR use of a sprint animation event.
2. Viewmodel "eyes" attachment, that way when the animator animates the eyes/view he can make an "eyes" attachment in the qc of the viewmodel.
5. More inputs and outputs for the viewmodel entity, so we can lets say, play an animation event ACT_VM_THUMBSUP via console by typing ent_fire viewmodel animate "ACT_VM_THUMBSUP".
6. Dry and loaded reloads, dry and loaded reload, 0 ammo in the clip dry reload, if more than 0 ammo in the clip a loaded reload plays and the clip ammo sets itself to the clip size + 1 (can be disabled in the weapon_custom.txt).
7. A sound channel that can play multiple overlaping sounds at once, so that we don't get sound clipping.
8. Player voice that varies on health percentage, one set of sounds for 100% HP, second for 50% HP, last 10% HP, and death sounds.
11. NPCs can climb ladders (would need an animation, but is possible to just let it run up like CS 1.6/Source/HL2DM etc.)
12. Weapon durability, can be enabled (and defined) via weapon_custom.txt and a console command, less broken weapons have a smaller chance to jam, they can be only dropped (fixing would be somewhat useless in the HL universe), jammed weapon would need to be reloaded.
13. Playerproxy
14. Multiplayer?
15. Health/Armor/Aux power management, amount, regenerative or not, speed of regen, sound IDs playable on certain amounts of these values, like in HL1 when the suit stated vocally how high your suit power is.
16. Grenade hotkey
17. Limb-based ragdoll gibbing, shot in the head with a shotgun causes head to dissapear (similar to the inflator in GMOD), same for arms, legs, bodygroups are usable aswell for a more detailed gibbing, with classic SMOD blood splatter.
18. Visor effects, blood, alien blood, scrapes, slashes, crushing effect, radiation causes static effect like in STALKER, poisoning causes screen to go into a grayish color and screen starts blurring more and more as the player gets damaged, reversed if player is recovering (duh).
19. More vehicles, nothing special, just simply more vehicle entities so multiple drivables are available.
20. Viewmodel hide (holster) on submerge/swim and/or play an activity defined in the weapon_custom.txt
25. Radar similar to the Counter Strike games, a simple vtf and can be configured (offset) via console commands, which is then saved in a text file.
27. 3D HUD, where it can simulate a "helmet/visor" effect, gets affected by outside events (damaging, sprinting, screenshake etc.).
28. Damage specific effects, too many bulletholes cause bleeding, too much explosive damage causes mono sound among the other vanilla effects, crush damage, causes a special sound to play and elevates heart rate (loops heartbeat.wav for some time), radiation slowly decays your health (as soon as geiger counter goes off) instead of damaging you directly if you dive into yellow "slugde".
30. Attachment system, similar to the Counter Strike games, attach/remove a silencer/sight/mod. (These include changable viewmodel activities with weapon_custom.txt)

Mind if I use your ideas for FIREFIGHT RELOADED?

(also, muzzle smoke trails can be easily added with particle effects. you don't need a new shader for 'em)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 01:46:13 AM by Bitl »
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

Visit my Discord here: https://discord.gg/chfVwk2

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 02:26:14 AM »

13. Playerproxy
14. Multiplayer?
16. Grenade hotkey

Mind if I use your ideas for FIREFIGHT RELOADED?

(also, muzzle smoke trails can be easily added with particle effects. you don't need a new shader for 'em)

do it! Those are good suggestions, i'd like to see that stuff added :)

Offline Vedad1944

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 09:00:40 PM »
Bitl, sure!
30 more suggestions are coming up tomorrow maybe :)

Offline FreeKill

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 09:47:43 PM »
Got another idea.

Support for firing multiple barrels on shotguns: I have a stupid idea for a quad barrel shotgun, but I remember the way that OMS had to rig a sawed off shotgun in SMOD. So I want support for the type of alt-fire that the default shotgun has, as well as configuration for how many shots it would fire.

Offline F-3

• F-3 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 04:20:54 AM »

Here's how I'd envision activities:

ACT_VM_RELOAD - Chambered reload, default (ex: mag out, mag in, return to idle)
ACT_VM_RELOAD_EMPTY_START (ex: pull bolt on H&K weapons)
ACT_VM_RELOAD_EMPTY (ex: mag out, mag in)
ACT_VM_RELOAD_EMPTY_FINISH (ex: bolt release)

The idea being that an interrupted reload will play the remaining activities rather than go through the entire reload process again.

Offline Vedad1944

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 06:32:16 PM »
Not exactly the "tomorrow" i mentioned above, but eh, better late than never.
Another 30 random suggestions:
31. Different ammo types, ability to switch between them by a hotkey and reloading a weapon, incendiary, explosive, hollow point, armor piercing, match, etc.
32. Disable reverse sprinting and/or sprint strafing.
33. Power kick/melee, holding the kick/melee key results in a move that does double damage but takes longer to "charge up", this can be animated with a different kick sequence/animation.
34. Bullet penetration, essentially "wallbanging".
35. Destructible world? (I guess not possible)
36. Health induced effects (both player and AI), the lower the health the less abilities that are possible, low health limits sprinting ability, accuracy, movement speed, melee power, throw distance, etc.
37. Dynamic music, sort of the "music director" from L4D2, it can detect a battle between the player and a stronger than average enemy OR an "ambush" involving multiple enemies, playing a set amount of different songs.
38. Viewmodel decals? Similar to the effect from Black Mesa, blood, alien blood, and other types of liquid can splatter the viewmodel, running trough water or waiting will make it dissapear.
39. Changable viewbob, it can use an activity from the weapon_custom.txt and together with the eyes attachment it can make a realistic viewbob walking animation, OR can take several coordinates from a txt so the player camera/viewmodel/both moves around those coordinates.
40. SLAM
41. Semi-inventory type weight, amount of weapons (and their RL weight) affect the movement speed, + if the player is moving something heavy (with the USE key) it limits the player movement speed aswell.
42. Multiple r_screenoverlay overlays, r_screenoverlay1, r_screenoverlay2, r_screenoverlay3.
43. Sprint FOOTSTEPS, this can be considered an addition to #1, works as an "overlay" to the existing footsteps and/or plays a set of sounds, replacing the vanilla ones.
44. Custom HUD panels, showing custom variables, stats, and other info.
45. More HUD "buckets".
46. When enemies are killed their weapons go off (as if their finger was still on the trigger, just like SMOD) but single shot weapons go off once, and fully automatic ones fire off a random percentage of the weapon's clip.
47. Viewmodel_adjust with a LOCKED yaw axis so looking down/up does not move the weapon into a wierd position.
48. Explosions cause viewpunch, direction depends on where the explosion is according to the player's view, also power depending on the distance from the explosion, scale can be adjusted with console commands.
49. A bit better zombie AI, especially the fast ones, they don't charge at you as much and will be more versatile if there is a pack of them.
50. Crosshair disappear on ironsight, also crosshair APPEAR on ironsight, this way we don't need scripts to imitate Far Cry style iron sights.
51. Rebels can throw grenades, and apply most of the combine's tactics, special rebels (like the medic) can regenerate health, maybe an addition to the custom NPC type?
52. Combine soldiers have more general Small Unit Tactics, and can launch SMG grenades at you.
53. NPC secondary weapons?
54. Combine snipers can roll grenades of their own down the window if the player reaches an area beneath them.
55. Combine sniper laser can be disabled.
56. Tweakable viewmodel events via weapon_custom.txt, "fps" at which the animation is played, sequence of animations, rules for animations (empty/dry reloads/draws/idles etc.)
57. Lensflares
58. Weather effects, if rain, raindrops cover player screen, also with wind blurs the screen slightly, etc.
59. Vehicles with RPM based sounds, so, it would use a sample and raise its pitch/speed and add more overlays as the player speeds up with said vehicle.
60. RO aimmode in SMOD seems to actually take the crosshair and display it in a 3D enviroment, testing showed ducking and looking straight down will make the crosshair clip trough the ground slightly. A way to implement this?
Thanks again TBSP dev!

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 07:23:15 PM »
31. Different ammo types, ability to switch between them by a hotkey and reloading a weapon, incendiary, explosive, hollow point, armor piercing, match, etc.
32. Disable reverse sprinting and/or sprint strafing.
33. Power kick/melee, holding the kick/melee key results in a move that does double damage but takes longer to "charge up", this can be animated with a different kick sequence/animation.
34. Bullet penetration, essentially "wallbanging".
35. Destructible world? (I guess not possible)
36. Health induced effects (both player and AI), the lower the health the less abilities that are possible, low health limits sprinting ability, accuracy, movement speed, melee power, throw distance, etc.
37. Dynamic music, sort of the "music director" from L4D2, it can detect a battle between the player and a stronger than average enemy OR an "ambush" involving multiple enemies, playing a set amount of different songs.
38. Viewmodel decals? Similar to the effect from Black Mesa, blood, alien blood, and other types of liquid can splatter the viewmodel, running trough water or waiting will make it dissapear.
39. Changable viewbob, it can use an activity from the weapon_custom.txt and together with the eyes attachment it can make a realistic viewbob walking animation, OR can take several coordinates from a txt so the player camera/viewmodel/both moves around those coordinates.
40. SLAM
41. Semi-inventory type weight, amount of weapons (and their RL weight) affect the movement speed, + if the player is moving something heavy (with the USE key) it limits the player movement speed aswell.
42. Multiple r_screenoverlay overlays, r_screenoverlay1, r_screenoverlay2, r_screenoverlay3.
43. Sprint FOOTSTEPS, this can be considered an addition to #1, works as an "overlay" to the existing footsteps and/or plays a set of sounds, replacing the vanilla ones.
44. Custom HUD panels, showing custom variables, stats, and other info.
45. More HUD "buckets".
46. When enemies are killed their weapons go off (as if their finger was still on the trigger, just like SMOD) but single shot weapons go off once, and fully automatic ones fire off a random percentage of the weapon's clip.
47. Viewmodel_adjust with a LOCKED yaw axis so looking down/up does not move the weapon into a wierd position.
48. Explosions cause viewpunch, direction depends on where the explosion is according to the player's view, also power depending on the distance from the explosion, scale can be adjusted with console commands.
49. A bit better zombie AI, especially the fast ones, they don't charge at you as much and will be more versatile if there is a pack of them.
50. Crosshair disappear on ironsight, also crosshair APPEAR on ironsight, this way we don't need scripts to imitate Far Cry style iron sights.
51. Rebels can throw grenades, and apply most of the combine's tactics, special rebels (like the medic) can regenerate health, maybe an addition to the custom NPC type?
52. Combine soldiers have more general Small Unit Tactics, and can launch SMG grenades at you.
53. NPC secondary weapons?
54. Combine snipers can roll grenades of their own down the window if the player reaches an area beneath them.
55. Combine sniper laser can be disabled.
56. Tweakable viewmodel events via weapon_custom.txt, "fps" at which the animation is played, sequence of animations, rules for animations (empty/dry reloads/draws/idles etc.)
57. Lensflares
58. Weather effects, if rain, raindrops cover player screen, also with wind blurs the screen slightly, etc.
59. Vehicles with RPM based sounds, so, it would use a sample and raise its pitch/speed and add more overlays as the player speeds up with said vehicle.
60. RO aimmode in SMOD seems to actually take the crosshair and display it in a 3D enviroment, testing showed ducking and looking straight down will make the crosshair clip trough the ground slightly. A way to implement this?
Thanks again TBSP dev!

sounds nice, although playing smod realism led me to believe fucking up the player even more when he's already fucked (a.k.a. low health) is a really bad decision, you'd just be like trying to avoid getting your health drop a little so that you're not fucked

there was this dreadful overlay i sorta made (in smod realism, by mistake) - whenever you took a couple of shots, the entire screen just got covered in a weird effect and you were unable to see ANYTHING. can't see where to retreat, can't see who's shooting at you etc. just an example of how this fucks up the gameplay

otherwise it's nice.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 07:47:03 PM »
I have one request:

More than one "layer" of r_screenoverlay

so for example r_screenoverlay_1, r_screenoverlay_2,r_screenoverlay_3 and so on.

So I can put more stuff on the screen without some overly-complicated scripts and stuff
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Bitl

• Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 01:18:49 AM »
Took a few ideas that I want to implement in FIREFIGHT RELOADED onto my TODO list:

38. Viewmodel decals? Similar to the effect from Black Mesa, blood, alien blood, and other types of liquid can splatter the viewmodel, running trough water or waiting will make it dissapear..
40. SLAM
45. More HUD "buckets".
57. Lensflares
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

Visit my Discord here: https://discord.gg/chfVwk2

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline minmi96

• minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 06:20:22 AM »
Co-op/Multiplayer? Just a thought.

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.