Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Half-Life 2 Substance for SMOD Standalone  (Read 10293 times)

Offline xdiesp

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • xdiesp has no influence.
Half-Life 2 Substance for SMOD Standalone
« on: June 27, 2015, 07:58:26 AM »
Hello! :D I'm looking for playtesters for the re-release of Half-Life 2 Substance, the early 2005 mod which is being resurrected through SMOD Standalone. The features of the mod, are a Crysis-like suit and additional fights in the HL2 campaign.

2 of the 3 planned gamemodes are available, and if you'd like to test them, you'll have to put them in the \Mods\ folder of your SMOD Standalone installation. The Substance mode includes the additional fights, while the Vanilla one doesn't. Thanks to any testers available!

Half-Life 2 Substance main: https://db.tt/fZKyhhSK
Half-Life 2 Substance patch: https://db.tt/XvDHl5nD

Vanilla addon main: https://db.tt/X0UhFMl1
Vanilla addon patch: https://db.tt/N81bs6Tl

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 03:29:24 PM by xdiesp »

Offline epicstuf

• epicstuf has no influence.
Re: Half-Life 2 Substance playtesters needed
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:27:26 AM »
I'll try it, just because I'm in a feeling today to play SMOD.

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »
If you don't want to dig in the readme, the troubleshooting chapter is:

- The first Canals level suffers from stuttering and missing weapon sounds.
- If you get the "AI Disabled" message, press K.
- If you get stuck, click on the Restart button.

Offline CryoDragon

• CryoDragon has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 11:44:35 PM »
I'll report as many bugs as I can!

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 07:23:07 AM »
Aren't you the same guy who made System Shock Infinite?

Anyway I'm very glad you're resurrecting this hidden gem of a Source Mod, I'll try and report any bugs I see.

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 09:44:52 AM »
Aren't you the same guy who made System Shock Infinite?

Anyway I'm very glad you're resurrecting this hidden gem of a Source Mod, I'll try and report any bugs I see.

Yeah, the mods share the same step-by-step changes to the campaign and the complicated weapon roster. Thanks for your help!

I've updated the Vanilla patch with a small fix to get Liquid's pistol in Canals 1: that map is the one stuttering very bad when the razor train spawns and despawns.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 11:32:48 AM »
I've updated the Vanilla patch with a small fix to get Liquid's pistol in Canals 1: that map is the one stuttering very bad when the razor train spawns and despawns.
I'm working on it
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline minmi96

• minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 09:16:36 AM »
Any way to turn off friendly fire?

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 11:00:52 AM »
EDIT I have updated the (default) patch and the Vanilla full version.

I'm working on it

Thank you very much, I tried removing the train altogether but that looked even worse than the stuttering. We've got the problem that if the map change is too big, the save (my changes) probably won't load.

Any way to turn off friendly fire?

I'm afraid not, it's all lost in the mists of time. At most if you don't want to kill your enraged allies, you can use a chaff grenade on them!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 02:31:19 PM by xdiesp »

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 12:19:09 AM »
I have updated both patches with small tweaks. These days I'm curating the 3rd gamemode, the "VR Missions": it's a map pack with several classic HL2 maps, now compatible with Substance. So far I've imported Strider Mountain, Coastline to Atmosphere, Leon's Campaign, The Citizen 1 and 2, Riot Act and I'm preparing for Rock 24.

Offline minmi96

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 08:22:06 AM »
I have updated both patches with small tweaks. These days I'm curating the 3rd gamemode, the "VR Missions": it's a map pack with several classic HL2 maps, now compatible with Substance. So far I've imported Strider Mountain, Coastline to Atmosphere, Leon's Campaign, The Citizen 1 and 2, Riot Act and I'm preparing for Rock 24.
Awesome, I've always loved Leon Brinkmann's maps.

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 10:06:05 PM »
Awesome, I've always loved Leon Brinkmann's maps.

I with I could a hold of the authors for Das Roboss, Combine Destiny, Penetration and Ravenholm. But I would even include the first Minerva and Pythagoras just for the kick of it. Enabling sprinting in The Citizen 1 and fixing the first level crash in Rock 24 have been small personal victories.

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 08:35:35 AM »
I need help changing the origins of the default rpg model! :-\ Now with 16:9 monitors it needs to be pulled further back.

I used to do this with Cannonfodder's mdl decompiler 10 years ago, but now I can't remember anymore. I tried using Crowbar to do the same, but if I decompile and recompile the model (even without changing anything) then the model doesn't appear onscreen. I remember something about a "rotate -90" option, but that's it.

Offline minmi96

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 01:44:03 PM »
I with I could a hold of the authors for Das Roboss, Combine Destiny, Penetration and Ravenholm. But I would even include the first Minerva and Pythagoras just for the kick of it. Enabling sprinting in The Citizen 1 and fixing the first level crash in Rock 24 have been small personal victories.

They most likely have a job in the game industry, quit making mods, spending time looking after their family, or probably died for some reason.

All except the last one are likely possible outcomes, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you used their maps in the mod as long as you credit them.

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 08:30:28 PM »
All except the last one are likely possible outcomes, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you used their maps in the mod as long as you credit them.

I think I'll try to import Combine Destiny, Das Roboss and Penetration giving proper credits even if I can't reach the guys.

Please, would you like to check the updated Default Substance patch and see if you like the alternate model for the RPG? It doesn't clip, but the skinjob is nothing to write home about.