Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Half-Life 2 Substance for SMOD Standalone  (Read 10443 times)

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
Re: Half-Life 2 Substance playtesters needed
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2015, 02:11:50 AM »
I think I'll try to import Combine Destiny, Das Roboss and Penetration giving proper credits even if I can't reach the guys.

Please, would you like to check the updated Default Substance patch and see if you like the alternate model for the RPG? It doesn't clip, but the skinjob is nothing to write home about.

Yeah the new RPG Model is pretty cool, It kinda reminds me of the RPG from the first Half-Life.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 06:55:13 PM »
I need help changing the origins of the default rpg model! :-\ Now with 16:9 monitors it needs to be pulled further back.

I used to do this with Cannonfodder's mdl decompiler 10 years ago, but now I can't remember anymore. I tried using Crowbar to do the same, but if I decompile and recompile the model (even without changing anything) then the model doesn't appear onscreen. I remember something about a "rotate -90" option, but that's it.

You shouldn't need to decompile the HL2 view meshes at all. Valve included their source files in the Source SDK as examples, though they're buried in vpk files since the SteamPipe updates years ago.

Offline xdiesp

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • xdiesp has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 01:56:18 AM »
I updated the default patch with a new round of fixes:

- Reloading a savegame after death no longer results in the potential mix of 2 suit modes;
- The scoped pistol's gunshots can be heard normally, when sniping;
- Houndeyes and bullsquids in the first canals levels can be killed normally;
- The RPG model is the default one, only pulled further back.

Substance patch: https://db.tt/XvDHl5nD
Substance vanilla patch: https://db.tt/2Yl3iEw4 (same links as in the first post)

In other news, Rock 24 and Das Roboss seem to be working normally while The Lighthouse still requires bugfixing.

You shouldn't need to decompile the HL2 view meshes at all. Valve included their source files in the Source SDK as examples, though they're buried in vpk files since the SteamPipe updates years ago.

Thanks! I used Crowbar to compile the rpg qc file from the vpks, and the idle animations were screwed: no matter where I rotated them, they wouldn't show. I had to jump through hoops to get them into a working condition, here's hoping I won't have to fix any more models.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:10:53 AM by xdiesp »

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 08:45:41 AM »
I reuploaded both patches with better scripts, yesterday's weren't so hot. In other news, Calamity is imported in the VR Missions and works.

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 10:46:31 AM »
After I'm done with a couple of bugs, I will upload the VR Missions addon for playtesting.

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 05:32:17 PM »
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:03:01 AM by xdiesp »

Offline minmi96

• minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 12:44:23 PM »
If you wan't I can edit the Weapons with H.E.V Arms to use CS:S arms so that they are consistent with the rest of the Weapon View Models.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:39:00 PM by minmi96 »

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2015, 09:12:36 PM »
If you wan't I can edit the Weapons with H.E.V Arms to use CS:S arms so that they are consistent with the rest of the Weapon View Models.

Seriously, that would be awesome! My idea was that Gordon has HEV Suit gloves, while the rest have the CSS hands with the crysis skin. I made this archive with all weapon models which could use a hand swap: https://db.tt/BlQICpud

The only important ones are those with a "+" in their name: there's 3 of them, the rest are low priority. Be careful that the model maintains the same distance from the camera, and whether it sits on the left or right parts of the screen: that is stuff I used to do myself, but after so many years I've gotten rusty and just adapting the RPG last week gave me hell. :(

Thanks in advance.

Offline minmi96

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2015, 09:15:17 AM »
Also on Penetration I found a bug: I can't seem drive the APC (you are supposed to drive it right?).

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2015, 10:22:53 AM »
Also on Penetration I found a bug: I can't seem drive the APC (you are supposed to drive it right?).

You were supposed to drive a jeep, which I had to remove because it clipped through the grass. Same with the airboat, I figured the mod took its name from Penetration Error lol.  ;)

In the end I left it without vehicles, because it was just one map: thankfully, Leon's driving sections work. That same bug happens with the newer d2_coast maps, available in half-life2\hl2\maps.

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2015, 10:16:58 AM »
While I wait for reports, I've started working on a trailer. I've been completely burn out on movies, ever since the 1 hour of them that were fit into System Shock Infinite, so this is like rehab. For this one, 7 minutes should suffice...

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:44:47 AM by xdiesp »

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 12:22:29 AM »
Here is the (temporary) trailer for the new version of Substance:

Meanwhile, I am working to replace 1 or 2 of the small arena stages in the VR Missions, with something more.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 01:02:02 PM by xdiesp »

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 07:15:55 PM »
We should be able to release the full mod in a few days.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 03:33:37 PM by xdiesp »

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 08:14:33 PM »
I'm honestly excited to see new life in substance.

Offline xdiesp

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2015, 03:41:53 PM »
It's happening! I'm uploading the file that will become the main install of Half-Life 2 Substance v2.0.