Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Questions about weapon recoil in CS:S  (Read 734 times)

Offline The Carrousel

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • The Carrousel has no influence.
Questions about weapon recoil in CS:S
« on: October 04, 2015, 08:02:11 AM »
Yes, I know this probably isn't the right place, but I looked in so many other forums and couldn't find an answer, that I decided this one might be my best shot. I just don't know where to find CS:S's recoil patterns, or the script files where I can edit the recoil, if there are such. I know in SMOD I can just manually edit the recoil in the script file, but to my knowledge CS:S's weapon script files only allow for spread adjustments, the recoil and and screen shake (visual recoil?) I just can't seem to find anywhere.

I know most of you are experienced modders, so I want to ask - do any of you know where exactly I can locate CS:S's recoil patterns? I realize it's probably not as easy as opening a script file, but I just want to know. Console commands allowing for recoil adjustments would also be very helpful, but I don't think they exist in CS:S. They do in CS:GO, but not CS:S.

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Questions about weapon recoil in CS:S
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 09:19:32 PM »
As far as I know, it's hardcoded in CS:S. I can't say more than that.

Offline Pangia

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Pangia has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 09:51:15 PM »
I don't think you'd be able to edit it in any other way than through using some kind of server-side plugin to edit weapon parametres.

Offline Vedad1944

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Vedad1944 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 09:05:28 AM »
As far as I can tell, Valve simply tweaked a few weapon.cpp files from CS1.6 and just compiled new Source models for it, the recoil in CSS always felt aged compared to like, Half Life 2  or Team Fortress 2 or any other Source game from that time, and as far as I can tell, the CSS weapons are literal ports of the 1.6 ones, just with new visuals and a few tweaks.  :D

ADHD version: It's pretty much hardcoded and recoil exists to make the game "harder", removing/editing it on your end is considered cheating in online play.