Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [HELP] Does anyone know how to do any HUD Editing for HL2?  (Read 692 times)

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
[HELP] Does anyone know how to do any HUD Editing for HL2?
« on: October 11, 2015, 05:11:47 AM »
Title pretty much says all.

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: [HELP] Does anyone know how to do any HUD Editing for HL2?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 07:29:31 AM »
I have some basic knowledge about it, so depends on what you want to edit.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 08:30:45 AM »
Yep.

ClientScheme.res defines what fonts and colors are used in each HUD box. You can also define text effects in here. You can also define how big the fonts are.

HudLayout.res or w/e it's called defines the location of each HUD element, how big the boxes are, where is the text located in them, etc. There's also some text file that is responsible for HUD animations, might want to check that out as well - some HUD boxes tie pretty greatly with animations, so for example, if you tweak the location of the ammo counter in HudLayout.res and equip a gun with a grenade launcher, the ammo counter may still move like its location wasn't modified but the last frame would be where you defined it in hudlayout.res.

It's pretty extensive actually, as long as you have an idea of what you're doing. Takes trial and error though. I once remember I sort of tried to mimic Crysis 2's GUI, and guess what, it sort of worked. Except without the fancy effect thingamajiggers of course. It was pretty similar to the gui in Crylife in that it used a vtf overlay. In the end I stopped using it cause it was a pain to set up.

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 05:25:55 AM »
I have some basic knowledge about it, so depends on what you want to edit.
All I wan't is just to replace the Health and Armour words with Icons instead.

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.