Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [HELP]How to fix rough lines on hands mesh in weapon model?  (Read 249 times)

Offline Zoldat

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat has no influence.
So I wanted to reanimate or sorta of this gun: http://gamebanana.com/skins/55000, because this baby looks awesome, but animations suck IMO. I wanted to do some kind of energy minigun. So I decompiled it, during editing merged hands mesh from another skin, because in the original model there was only ONE hand, and animated it. Now it looks cooler, but I stumbled upon one nasty problem: the hands' texture is broken:

How to rid off these rough lines? Thanks in advance  :)

P.S: By the way, I'm using 3ds Max 9.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: [HELP]How to fix rough lines on hands mesh in weapon model?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 10:54:14 AM »
Looks like the smoothing was broken, which is not a texture related problem. You'll have to fix it. I have no experience with 3DS Max, but I'm sure it has some default plugin or option for smoothing.

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 11:31:57 AM »
Looks like the smoothing was broken, which is not a texture related problem. You'll have to fix it. I have no experience with 3DS Max, but I'm sure it has some default plugin or option for smoothing.

Ok, i'll look for it. Thanks for the advice  :D

Offline Zoldat

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 12:27:33 PM »
The problem is solved  ;D All I had to do was just few clicks. Now it looks much better now. Thank you very much, Counter-Life   ;D

Offline nanisukii

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • nanisukii has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 10:35:25 AM »
I like your information a lot.