Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* TUTORIAL SECTION RULES

This section is for SMOD TUTORIALS & GUIDES ONLY.
You may create a new topic in the appropriate area to share your tutorial. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so we don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a tutorial, post a reply in its thread . Do not start a new topic for help here!

Author Topic: SMOD2 CVARS (Console Commands)  (Read 7224 times)

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
SMOD2 CVARS (Console Commands)
« on: November 11, 2009, 02:55:17 AM »
Still having trouble putting tables into posts so check out my list of SMOD2 Cvars ;)

http://www.bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?page=smod2_cvars

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: SMOD2 CVARS (Console Commands)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 02:10:26 PM »
updated for smod2_02 :)

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 09:26:42 PM »
updated to smod2_03

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »
cvars Link is broken?
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 03:05:32 PM »
yeah..but so is SMOD2 haha...seriously its lost i think.

Offline IronCore

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 04:14:24 PM »
seems smod2 ain't as modular as the original.

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 05:29:47 PM »
seems smod2 ain't as modular as the original.

It was still in development I think (not sure about it's status right now).
._. I love coffee.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 09:39:42 PM »
Well...I consider the mod dead. The developer hasn't logged in to his website in well over a year. That kind of signals that development is on hold.

Offline IronCore

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 06:15:36 AM »
Let's just hope The Author would soon atleast share the source codes for both smod and smod2 in the future so someone can make additional improvements and probably make a full mp mod out of it.

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 11:00:31 PM »
Let's just hope The Author would soon atleast share the source codes for both smod and smod2 in the future so someone can make additional improvements and probably make a full mp mod out of it.

I kinda figured out how bullet time is kinda made, it actually changes "host_timescale" to a number supplied by "bullettimesim_timescale" (in this case, 0.2, or 1/5 of the normal time) and after bullet time is done, switches "host_timescale" back to 1 (normal speed). The bullets are created if bullet time is enabled and only if bullet time is enabled, probably using a check if we are in bullet time or not. Kicking is using a extra view model created in "player.cpp" in the HL2 Mod code, and a delay in the view model's events, telling when to apply the damage from the kick attack. The custom weapon system is just using a key values system modified from the default system used to load scripts for weapons. The model replace system sets the npc's model by reading key values from npc_replace_model on spawn, Random Models Key Values. When you think about it, SMod's code is really easy to replicate (though with the fixes, it might take some time), seeing how most of it's stuff (as previously said), is in Valve's Dev Wiki, even if it's not, it's actually easy to figure out if you can examine and use logic to make up the code of special features for SMod. The way bullet time is made in some Garry's Mod (can't believe I just said that name here) addons have actually done bullet time exactly how The Author did his bullet time.

So in a sense, anyone can remake SMod at their will if they have the time and knowledge of C++ to recreate it. Though, it would more easy if The Author would release his code.
._. I love coffee.

Offline IronCore

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »
I see. Well smod for me is like the ultimate weapon mods so if I would recreate it I'll concentrate on the weapons and better enemies.
but somehow doing so will eventually lead me to something created already and that's ...COD4 LoL!
I don't know but may be I'll figure something out but seems smod is so addicting once you start to learn more of it but all I know is I'm having a blast finally using all those wonderful weapon models at gamebanana and Twinke Masta is like 3d_mike of weapon 3d modelling. I wonder if he's still making some new models?

and about GMOD...lol people using that should just learn modelling or mapping christ all the crap their doing there LoL!
I'll probably use it if I can use those weapons at gmod againt css bot. Is that even possible?