Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
collapse

Author Topic: (For some odd reason) I'm remaking SMOD stuff for Source SDK (2007) HL2!  (Read 21320 times)

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: (For some odd reason) I'm remaking SMOD stuff for Source SDK (2007) HL2!
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2012, 11:52:24 AM »
Im not going to push you, but I will share some ideas/requests(they might be useful).

Idea for Custom weapons: You might know the Mod Obsidian Conflict, in that mod u also can script custom weapons. You couldnt change much on the weapons itself(less options then for SMOD ones) but the system for them was very cool. In the scripts folder there was a folder called "customweapons", in that folder u could insert as many weapon scripts as u wanted and they worked ingame then.

Request: Custom "Combine Soldiers":  Pretty much the same as by BIZ, but maybe with the ability to change their used Soundscript, health, skills and relationships.

Idea for Ironsights: Just something small, maybe adding a value that can be added to the custom weapon script, that sets the Ironsight "in" speed. So u can set up that using Irons for LMGs etc. takes longer than for AR's or SMGs

Idea for an "item_" item: This idea is stolen from the new Underhell, an entitie that spawns another entitie randomly, wich can be defined in hammer (for example: item_batter 30% and item_healthvial 70%). Or just recreating SMODs override_class so we can do it ourselfes.

Request: Ballistic Bullets(u know, bullet drop etc., should also be able to get defined in weapon script)

and last, as request, HL1 Houndeye and Bullsquid :3

Hope I dont give u the feeling that u get pushed, these are just some ideas and requests. Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:58:46 AM by Counter-Life™ »

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012, 08:44:55 AM »
So, it there a name for your version of the engine yet?

sirmastersmod? SMmod? lol  ;D

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 10:09:43 AM »
Guys, I'm thinking about implamenting a basic custom weapons system, should I follow smod's format or my own?
You don't have to follow it totally but you should put it mind that custom weapons made and scripted for smod should be usable on your mod without too much changes on the script especially the coordinates of the iron sights and origin etc. if that not possible or hard to do then it's ok...as long we can finally have custom weapons for ep1 and epd2.
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 02:40:19 AM »
I took some of HLSS' Alien Grunt Door Breaking code and applied (And Modified) it to the kicking code... A new way to kill. http://beta.xfire.com/videos/5d2383

EDIT: Can a mod move this to er... Modder's Corner?
._. I love coffee.

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012, 07:48:35 AM »
Holy fuck that is the most impressive thing I've seen in a while. Also, I'll move the topic for you.

Offline Xamp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Xamp has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012, 08:53:11 AM »
DUDE! Thats some awesome sauce stuff you are making, keep it up, can't wait for what wonders you will perform next.

On wall duty again

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2012, 09:59:43 AM »
Amazing dude! Your mod is making a good progress! It really starts to look like a new improved SMOD, I also have a question, would it be possible for you to include all the HL: S entities(all the monster_'s, and logic entities like multi_manager) so we could play HL: S in this mod? That always was one of my dreams for SMOD(and thats why I started fixing HL: S maps for SMOD)

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2012, 07:58:41 PM »
I took some of HLSS' Alien Grunt Door Breaking code and applied (And Modified) it to the kicking code... A new way to kill. http://beta.xfire.com/videos/5d2383

EDIT: Can a mod move this to er... Modder's Corner?

Now with Map Inputs and Outputs!
http://beta.xfire.com/videos/5d26fb

Code: [Select]
input Kickable(void) : "Let the player able to kick this."
input NotKickable(void) : "Let the player not be able to kick this."
input KickableNPC(void) : "Let NPCs able to kick this."
input NotKickableNPC(void) : "Let NPCs not be able to kick this."

Code: [Select]
output OnBroken(void) : "When a the door breaks open"//HLSS' existing door break code
output OnKickFail(void) : "When a the door fails to be kicked open"//My output for fail to kick
._. I love coffee.

Offline alvaol62

• alvaol62 has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2012, 08:04:34 PM »
This is amazing! Also,'are you gonna consider my request of environment illumination when NPCs and the player shoot? :D

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2012, 08:39:09 PM »
This is amazing! Also,'are you gonna consider my request of environment illumination when NPCs and the player shoot? :D
I'll go implement the code from https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Muzzle_Flash_Lighting right away then!
._. I love coffee.

Offline Xamp

• Xamp has no influence.
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »
Alright, so we know this mod is going to have a bunch of awesome new features, so i wanted to ask, will you also moddifiy the singleplayer maps so we get more chances to use these new features? (I'm looking at you, door kicking code O.O), maybe even add custom maps?

On wall duty again

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 09:25:50 PM »
Alright, so we know this mod is going to have a bunch of awesome new features, so i wanted to ask, will you also moddifiy the singleplayer maps so we get more chances to use these new features? (I'm looking at you, door kicking code O.O), maybe even add custom maps?

Well, I might not modify current hl2 maps, but there will be custom maps (Cause well... It's hl2 mod with it's own campaign, but after I get most stuff done, I'll transfer sections of the code to SMMOD and work on mapadd... @_@).
._. I love coffee.

Offline PSPSlimBoy

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • PSPSlimBoy has no influence.
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2012, 12:37:31 AM »
Wow, this mod is looking amazing so far! Keep up the fantastic work!

I have one request for this mod. If you have the time to do this, and if you want to go for it, I would just absolutely love for this mod to be multi-player compatible, since SMOD does not work very well with multiplayer, and I'd like to be able to play with my friends on this amazing mod!

Did I mention the mod is amazing so far? ;)

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2012, 03:48:47 AM »

I have one request for this mod. If you have the time to do this, and if you want to go for it, I would just absolutely love for this mod to be multi-player compatible, since SMOD does not work very well with multiplayer, and I'd like to be able to play with my friends on this amazing mod!

T_T Multiplayer... Ugh, that's gonna be a problem, might be a while before I actually get to it (However, I am planning for using Alien Swarm Engine for future Multiplayer mods while I stick to source 2007 for singleplayer).
._. I love coffee.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2012, 09:02:42 AM »

T_T Multiplayer... Ugh, that's gonna be a problem, might be a while before I actually get to it (However, I am planning for using Alien Swarm Engine for future Multiplayer mods while I stick to source 2007 for singleplayer).

Maybe making a SP version, and then when its finished creating a MP conversion( if possible)? Just an idea, Im more a guy who plays SP mods instead of MP.

* SMMOD Twitter