Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: (WIP) SMOD13 - Bringing SMOD back!  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
Re: (WIP) SMOD13 - Bringing SMOD back!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 03:59:54 PM »
I just smiled so hard my lower jaw fell off. Help.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline alvaol62

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • alvaol62 has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 06:34:20 PM »
This looks amazing. I'm really excited for it. As a small request, can you guys implement SMOD's Red Orchestra aiming mode? It would be awesome to have it back. :D

Offline MrAnonymousone

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • MrAnonymousone has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 05:59:55 AM »
Hi Chr0n0Tr!gg3r. I have several questions:

1) When you mentioned "The ability to play through Half-Life: Source, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, and many many mods, custom maps, and more in SMOD13 (WIP)", does it mean that all of these games are in the mod or we need to own them separately?

2) Will the cut enemies be from both Half Life 1 and 2 (Because I love see more variety of NPCs and enemies)?

3) When you mentioned "A new and robust custom weapons system that not only allows for an infinite amount of custom weapons...", does it really mean that we can add as many custom SMOD as we like while ignoring the 30 custom weapons limit?

I sorry if its too much to ask. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2017, 08:34:22 AM »
This looks amazing. I'm really excited for it. As a small request, can you guys implement SMOD's Red Orchestra aiming mode? It would be awesome to have it back. :D
Not sure I follow, can you give an example?

Hi Chr0n0Tr!gg3r. I have several questions:

1) When you mentioned "The ability to play through Half-Life: Source, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, and many many mods, custom maps, and more in SMOD13 (WIP)", does it mean that all of these games are in the mod or we need to own them separately?

2) Will the cut enemies be from both Half Life 1 and 2 (Because I love see more variety of NPCs and enemies)?

3) When you mentioned "A new and robust custom weapons system that not only allows for an infinite amount of custom weapons...", does it really mean that we can add as many custom SMOD as we like while ignoring the 30 custom weapons limit?

I sorry if its too much to ask. I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Are you kidding, I do the same thing when I get super interested in a project so no problems there. I'll just go down and list the answers to keep things organized:

1) All the above games will be supported 100% but you will need to own and have the games installed on your Steam account as the new mounting system will check for the place of the files as well as the ID for the games. If the games are installed then you should be all set and for the ones that you don't have you can choose not to mount them.

2) Absolutely! We plan to have several cut enemies from HL2, HL1 on the other hand will require a Source port of the models, animations, sounds, etc before we can use them. No HL1 cut enemies are planned to be added currently but once the project hits the ground running we'll definitely consider adding said enemies.

3) Yes! No more pesky 30 weapons limit, we're also making it so weapons can load custom sound scripts so no more fiddling around with game_sounds_weapons which has the potential to break weapon sounds in-game. The system will also allow people to give custom names to their weapons so no more guessing which weapon_custom is which in the console!

Let me know if you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

Offline TheZec

• TheZec has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2017, 09:21:53 AM »
God yes, thank you so much for working on this. I hope to see great, great, great tidings. Also, I made a quick webm demonstrating what alvaol62 was referring to in reference to Red Orchestra aiming mode: https://webmshare.com/XydzV

Second example: https://webmshare.com/bQE8m

Where would someone go if they wanted to watch out for the moment you release the first public version?

Lastly, and this one's rather esoteric, do you folks plan to do anything with the commands already in Source that allow you to turn NPCs into allies, and others into enemies? Specifically things like:

ent_fire !picker setrelationship "player d_li 90"

In 2005 or 2006, I don't know if any of you ever saw it, there was an addon for HL2 somebody posted to halflife2.filefront.com called NPC Spawner. It no longer exists unfortunately, but it allowed players to turn any NPC into an enemy or ally on the fly. It also allowed the player to select one, or multiple NPCs and move them from place to place as if they were part of the player's squad. Again, rather esoteric, but I was curious if you folks knew about any of that.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:16:46 AM by TheZec »

Offline MrAnonymousone

• MrAnonymousone has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2017, 02:10:15 PM »
Thank you for your answers, Chr0n0Tr!gg3r. But just one last question (probably): You said that the games have to be installed in a Steam account, but what if the games are not installed to said Steam account?

Offline jijimetal

• jijimetal has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2017, 07:00:27 PM »
"In-game tools to make mapadd creation easier and more personal"

Wooohoo! Can't wait.

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 03:10:16 AM »
God yes, thank you so much for working on this. I hope to see great, great, great tidings. Also, I made a quick webm demonstrating what alvaol62 was referring to in reference to Red Orchestra aiming mode: https://webmshare.com/XydzV

Second example: https://webmshare.com/bQE8m

Where would someone go if they wanted to watch out for the moment you release the first public version?

Lastly, and this one's rather esoteric, do you folks plan to do anything with the commands already in Source that allow you to turn NPCs into allies, and others into enemies? Specifically things like:

ent_fire !picker setrelationship "player d_li 90"

In 2005 or 2006, I don't know if any of you ever saw it, there was an addon for HL2 somebody posted to halflife2.filefront.com called NPC Spawner. It no longer exists unfortunately, but it allowed players to turn any NPC into an enemy or ally on the fly. It also allowed the player to select one, or multiple NPCs and move them from place to place as if they were part of the player's squad. Again, rather esoteric, but I was curious if you folks knew about any of that.

Ah, yes, the free look mode. We'll definitely have that as a standard feature for SMOD13. As far as the relationship commands go we don't have any plans to mess with that too much since we'll have friendly and enemy variants of all the NPC's but we may mess with it down the line.

Thank you for your answers, Chr0n0Tr!gg3r. But just one last question (probably): You said that the games have to be installed in a Steam account, but what if the games are not installed to said Steam account?
Well, Half-Life 2 will be required as an absolute base but if you don't have the other games then the mod won't be able to access their files thus you can't play those games on SMOD13. This also goes for having the games uninstalled as well.

-----
I also want to remind everyone that most of these features are purely concept until implemented, a couple people involved in the project have started school again so things aren't happening as fast as they were when we first started. With that said, once things simmer down school-wise we hope to have be back at full speed.

Offline Troglodyte

• Troglodyte has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 06:32:13 PM »
How many cocks do I have to suck to make this happen?

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 01:09:40 AM »
How many cocks do I have to suck to make this happen?
It's not the number that counts but which ones you suck.

Offline TheZec

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2017, 06:50:14 AM »
Chr0no, is the team aware of the Russian individual who made an SMOD for Half-Life: Source?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSCaLiDswu4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qvd-S7Oqsc

There is a download link in the description of the second video that I'll post here:
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0Bx6Oq0OPC8siWE9obmhhRDFHQWc&export=download

I haven't yet tried it myself. And I am aware you guys are trying to make it so you can spawn HL2 NPCs in HL:S, and vice versa, as well as making mapadds easier for more customization, etc. I'm not suggesting anything by sharing this, simply wondering if you were all aware of it.

EDIT: Wow, looking at his youtube he's got a lot of SMOD stuff going on. Episode 1, HL1 NPCs into HL2, neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJFbr87uQNg
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:02:27 AM by TheZec »

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 07:55:03 AM »

Oh god, that guy.

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.

Offline TheZec

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 08:05:02 AM »
^Seems pleasant enough. Following his accounts he was banned from moddb, however. What's the deal?

Offline msalinas2877

• msalinas2877 has no influence.
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 03:14:11 AM »

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel