Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD: Realism Beta Release Topic  (Read 40422 times)

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: SMOD: Realism Beta Release Topic
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »
While I wait for Counter-Life to reupload part 6, does someone have it handy on them? It's broken currently. Both links.

I actually have the full mod, but I'm afraid to redistribute it...

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 05:20:17 PM »
Feel free to.

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 05:27:19 PM »
www.filesmelt.com is pretty good for uploading large files. They don't have a file limit I think and download is fairly fast.
MLG

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 06:19:26 PM »
Feel free to.

Not that I'm afraid that you'll get angry (lol), but basically, I don't want the files taken down.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 07:35:21 PM »
part 6 uploaded: http://filesmelt.com/dl/smodRL.part06_.rar

other files will come too!

Offline SgtxVortex

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • SgtxVortex has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 06:31:14 AM »

Can you please upload all files in FileSmelt please because im stick in part3 in mediafire for hole week because the new shitty weakly download in mediafire please upload all parts in filesmelt i wanna enjoy this lovely mod and thank you for making master piece for hl2

Offline Comrade

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 12:41:26 PM »

Can you please upload all files in FileSmelt please because im stick in part3 in mediafire for hole week because the new shitty weakly download in mediafire please upload all parts in filesmelt i wanna enjoy this lovely mod and thank you for making master piece for hl2

"Could you please upload Part 6 somewhere else? The download link you provided doesn't seem to work"
I think that's what you wanted to say.

Anyway, since CL is okay with it, I'm going to reupload THE ENTIRE MOD somewhere else.
Just so you can download it once the MediaFire links are down.
I might hook up a torrent somewhere, that would be the easiest solution.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:45:13 PM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 12:54:48 PM »

"Could you please upload Part 6 somewhere else? The download link you provided doesn't seem to work"
I think that's what you wanted to say.

Anyway, since CL is okay with it, I'm going to reupload THE ENTIRE MOD somewhere else.
Just so you can download it once the MediaFire links are down.
I might hook up a torrent somewhere, that would be the easiest solution.

You don't need to, uploading the whole mod to filesmelt atm.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 01:13:00 PM »

There can never be more than enough mirrors.
If you are uploading it all to FilesMelt, I'll create a torrent.

Anyways, we should start fixing this up... I've noticed a strange event happening in d2_coast_03
When you approach the place where some Combine troops pop off a crashed APC (there's a hut with a boat inside), an invisible entity started to shoot me when I was collecting some supplies.
It just couldn't be seen.
Is this supposed to happen, or was that a ninja Combine?

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 02:28:57 PM »

There can never be more than enough mirrors.
If you are uploading it all to FilesMelt, I'll create a torrent.

Anyways, we should start fixing this up... I've noticed a strange event happening in d2_coast_03
When you approach the place where some Combine troops pop off a crashed APC (there's a hut with a boat inside), an invisible entity started to shoot me when I was collecting some supplies.
It just couldn't be seen.
Is this supposed to happen, or was that a ninja Combine?

Actually I placed a npc_metropolice on the road, look up on the side of the stone wall, you should see the metrocop there.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 02:36:33 PM »
Actually I placed a npc_metropolice on the road, look up on the side of the stone wall, you should see the metrocop there.

I swear to God there was nothing at the cliff.
Anyway, I couldn't hear the firing sound either, so is that supposed to happen?
Also, what the hell is Metropolice doing in the coast? I thought they were supposed to patrol the City 17 streets and enforce law... tldr Metropolice doesn't belong in the coast

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 02:39:26 PM »

I swear to God there was nothing at the cliff.
Anyway, I couldn't hear the firing sound either, so is that supposed to happen?
Also, what the hell is Metropolice doing in the coast? I thought they were supposed to patrol the City 17 streets and enforce law... tldr Metropolice doesn't belong in the coast

He probaly lost connection to the overwatch and got lost :/
Also I dunno about the firing sound, maybe a silenced weapon, but I dont think I setted them up for CPs. And Im 100% sure that hes the guy on the cliff, since theres no invisible entitie that shoots the player :P

Offline Comrade

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »
Also I dunno about the firing sound, maybe a silenced weapon, but I dont think I setted them up for CPs. And Im 100% sure that hes the guy on the cliff, since theres no invisible entitie that shoots the player :P

OK.
I'll check all of the NPC firing sounds someday, I suspect some of them are broken.
Also, I can hardly imagine how that metropolice troop got lost. It's not like there's an easy transition between C17 and the coast. You've got a wasteland (I think) and Ravenholm. Now nobody with a good mind wouldn't go there.
And, since combine soldiers and metrocops don't ride together, he couldn't have joined the local combine squadron.

I'm just going to fix some of that too, and replace any metropolice in the coast/prison/insert non C17 place here with some other NPC.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 02:53:37 PM »

OK.
I'll check all of the NPC firing sounds someday, I suspect some of them are broken.
Also, I can hardly imagine how that metropolice troop got lost. It's not like there's an easy transition between C17 and the coast. You've got a wasteland (I think) and Ravenholm. Now nobody with a good mind wouldn't go there.
And, since combine soldiers and metrocops don't ride together, he couldn't have joined the local combine squadron.

I'm just going to fix some of that too, and replace any metropolice in the coast/prison/insert non C17 place here with some other NPC.

Who knows, he probaly lost track while driving an APC, got stuck had to leave and walked down the highway. Or maybe I just didn't care about that, who knows.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 02:55:57 PM »
Who knows, he probaly lost track while driving an APC, got stuck had to leave and walked down the highway. Or maybe I just didn't care about that, who knows.

You probably didn't.