Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD: Realism Beta Release Topic  (Read 40424 times)

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: SMOD: Realism Beta Release Topic
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2013, 04:17:30 PM »
text wall

But I have no idea how to code. Sounds like it could work though.
Do you mean that the system is ALREADY implemented? That could actually be cool, but don't you think that drag n drop would be much easier for everybody?

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
I've nearly unfucked the sound mess. Each weapon has its seperate sound script, and I've cleaned up the sound/weapons folder. No more unneccesary shit.
Will release a patch soon, there's still a bit of stuff left. Unfortunately, my head hurts and I simply cannot take this anymore.

So basically the first patch will be the BIG SOUND UNFUCK, the second will be the BIG MODEL UNFUCK, and last of all, the BIG MATERIAL UNFUCK. The scripts are already fixed... sort of.

Then I'll work on improving the mod itself

...but hold on your horses.
I will not start my work immediately, because I have a lot of shit going on in real life, lots of work to do.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:47:23 PM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2013, 11:59:22 PM »
I'm making my own version too. It would be nice to get that patch because Counter-Life gave me permission to reupload my own version of Realism.

I've been thinking the crashing is that it's loading something really heavy constantly and I can't figure out what it's loading.
MLG

Offline Monkatraz

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2013, 03:48:40 AM »
This is a double post but I've figured it out.
I made SMOD preload and right now I'm not getting any crashing. All you have to do is open up autoexec.cfg and put this somewhere:
cl_forcepreload 1
sv_forcepreload 1
I believe this is working fairly well.
MLG

Offline Comrade

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2013, 10:51:36 AM »
I'm making my own version too

If you're basing this off SMOD Realism, good luck. It's a fucking headache trying to un-mess the mess that's already made. But I'm getting closer to fixing this.

Offline Monkatraz

« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2013, 02:26:52 AM »
Well, I'm waiting for your fixes, of course, you're doing something I honestly would not want to do, lol.
MLG

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2013, 07:46:14 AM »
If anyone else makes his own version or fix/patch then just let me know here, I will include an optional download link at the main page.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2013, 11:44:15 AM »
Wow... somehow I managed to mess up the 44 Mag's textures.
Actually my sound system fix somewhat worked, some weapons don't play sounds, but that's it.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »

oh god why did you do this

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2013, 06:09:27 PM »

It had gameplay reasons, I forgot to fix the issue and remove the van lol.

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2013, 06:29:36 PM »
I, for one, support the use of Partyvan.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2013, 04:43:58 PM »

leave it as it is! It's brilliant!
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2013, 06:10:14 PM »

Offline Comrade

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2013, 06:30:01 PM »

NO.

Looks like crap, to be honest, also the wheel doesn't turn, and where is the gun, and why do the rebels mention the car as a buggy... If you think about it, the van makes NO sense.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2013, 07:22:14 PM »

NO.

Looks like crap, to be honest, also the wheel doesn't turn, and where is the gun, and why do the rebels mention the car as a buggy... If you think about it, the van makes NO sense.

but itz so adorable :333