Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crylife 1.6.9 P-RCII  (Read 9242 times)

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: Crylife 1.6.9 P-RCII
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 11:53:10 AM »
oh, i'm also damn certain that you have another problem with the SCAR.

you used the specular map for the exponent map. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THAT'S WRONG:

you have to use a GLOSS MAP for your exponent

i told you i would help you if you had trouble with the materials... i just KNEW that you would do something wrong

here, use this for your exponent map

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 12:03:52 PM »
you know, i've been thinking...

about that SCAR model.
basically, i'm thinking that if you want your mod to appear well from the others, you'll have to polish it as much as possible. one of those things is NO SMOOTHING ERRORS. since the SCAR model has all the smoothing errors you want + the normals highlight those smoothing errors, i believe that it's impossible to work with that model, unless you magically fix it all. so i've been thinking about a replacement... of course, the first idea that came to my mind is the SCAR model from crysis. but as you said before, you want it to be a mixture of HL2 and crysis and you don't want to reuse too much content from crysis, i've been thinking about this list of potential replacers:

- arby26's M4A1 (i think i already suggested this)
 - End of Days's SCAR-L (you already used this, but what the hell, it was a good one, right? i certainly liked that model)
 - H&K G36(C) (since the only G36 model i know of is really old and has old textures too, i'm thinking about a G36C, because arby26's most recent one is reeeeally good, has nice textures too.)
 - H&K XM8 (End of Days's model is very tolerable. however, if you choose this, i believe you're going to have trouble with the extension rails
 - OTs-14 GROZA (well, i kind of imagined the SCAR as a better alternative to the AK47, and since HL2 is set somewhere in eastern europe, it makes sense to have russian weapons, right?)

in my opinion, the strongest contenders are the G36C and the SCAR-L. i don't imagine anything better than that.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 12:29:37 PM »
ok, so i've just tried the training course, and as someone said, all of the attachments work fine. i also want you to know that

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME EVERYTHING... how the hell do you do those attachments? they are all bloody awesome and all, i swear to god this is the best mod ever any year.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 07:38:06 PM »
Just a quick update:

I've optimized weapon modification code, now I have place for one, maybe two more weapons
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 08:28:04 PM »
Just a quick update:

I've optimized weapon modification code, now I have place for one, maybe two more weapons

I'm not exactly sure extra guns are necessary. I mean, what more would you add?

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2014, 10:33:51 PM »
Nothing much, but it's always a bit nicer to precache 25 ents instead 30.
Also, I've fixed first three chapters mapadd-s , yay.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch