Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crylife 1.7.4 P-RC III  (Read 19382 times)

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
Crylife 1.7.4 P-RC III
« on: April 25, 2014, 04:48:19 PM »
This is the latest version or Crylife 1, dated on 2014-04-25 (yy.mm.dd).
As this is the latest instalment of Crylife 1, it does not represents the current state of the mod

Visit http://www.moddb.com/mods/smod-crylife for more recent updates and news

Grab it while it's hot! (10GB bandwidth limit - resets after some time though)
https://mega.co.nz/#!fRtW1A6b!2RvpSbxswI4JORkLQ9GcZTWYwZcUSSSCwq4tT-bxlHk
This release runs on SMOD standalone 0.30, and it does not come with it, so download it first if you don't have it.
if you don't know how to install and run it, then you're not worth testing it, srly. THIS IS MOTHERFUCKING BETA, NOT FINAL PUBLIC RELEASE.

PATCH TO FULL 1.7.4
https://mega.co.nz/#!XVNWCaQY!pyDokX0NM_TyaDYZrmkAtt4l852A619qQ6dgW4RG3x4
you may need to backup cfg folder before patching, THIS PATCH REMOVES "hud_fastswitch 1" effect, and I don't like it...
Saves from maps with vehicles may cause crashes or not work properly.

This release is most complete in my opinion,
it contains fully working mapadds for HL2 and all of the maps that are selectable trough menu.
Finished code for weapon modification and unlocks
Finished(yet, not final) HUD for guns selection
Optimized weapon modification code
many more... (see changelog)

TO DO LIST / TEMPORARILY REMOVED FEATURES:
Make sure that gravity gun, scar, rpg unlock automatically on pickup
Make bugbait unlock automatically on pickup
Make shotgun unlock automatically on pickup
?How do I hopwire?
Add HUD for weapon modification
fix some sounds
fix $detail maps
enchance mapadds (smaller amout of found ammo, new events ect.)
Finish "coding in" leap ability (similar to max jump) [alternative for slide ability from crysis 2?]
Make new textures for NHEV or make new NHEV
make use of "unused" fvox messages
Redo all of fvox messages in a different styles (GLaDOS ,female, male, robotic ect.)
Make kickass intro for mod
make training map

BUGS in 1.7.4
Jumping forces player to leave crouch position
Crosshairs on 3D scopes are slightly off-center
on some maps you can observe doubling of attachment menu commands (sometimes causes small lag spikes)
running out of power while in cloak mode, causes power to regenerate regardless player left cloak mode or not.
(this is actually my "safety device" for the purpose of testing, but it can be easily exploited)

Post your suggestions/ideas/found bugs/thoughts here, I'd like to hear what you like and what not.

EDIT1/2:
This release contains my "config.cfg", my cause crashes
- make sure to rebind your keys or remove "config.cfg" from cfg folder
it took me 5 HOURS upload this file because of my ISP "features"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:37:18 AM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: Crylife 1.7.4 P-RC III
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »
I'm having trouble downloading this. It doesn't even start.

Tried Firefox and Opera.

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 05:01:25 PM »
Works fine for me, even when I'm logged out.
Have you tried the firefox addon thingie?
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 05:05:53 PM »
Works fine for me, even when I'm logged out.
Have you tried the firefox addon thingie?

Nope

Gonna try out chrome... ~botnet~

EDIT: Installed chrome just now, download doesn't start anyway. How much time did it take you to upload this?

Perhaps BIZ can provide us some mirrors?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 05:09:43 PM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline Comrade

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 09:44:51 AM »
Alright, so I've got this downloaded.

Attachments work in HL2 maps *yiss*

But I'm still not sure why you decided to replace the AKS74 that Rifleman made, that was just awesome.

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 10:37:16 AM »
I'm glad you managed to download it, if you're going through Hl2 maps, please post your suggestions about them
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Vedad1944

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Vedad1944 has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 05:41:58 PM »
Downloading now, I can't wait! :)

Offline hazard777

• Jaws of Infinity
  • +1% chance to make useful post
  • hazard777 has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 10:39:41 AM »
Been waiting for this; I'm afraid words can't justify how impressed I am with this mod and what you've managed to do with SMOD.

please post your suggestions about [the campaign]
Well, you asked for it  ;)

Currently playing through on hard, everything seems pretty balanced so far, (in Ravenholm now).
  • I found myself wanting to use the assault scope prior to getting it due to a few enemies being far away - it's a small issue as you do get it quite early but it might be nicer to either remove those distant Combine prior to recieving it or give the player the scope earlier.
  • The weapons all look and feel pretty much perfect, however the pistol's reload animation looks a little buggy.
  • The smg's recoil can be unforgiving at times so you may want to adjust it but in my opinion it doesn't desperately need changing.
  • It may be wise to add soldiers in Ravenholm; maximum strength allows the player to exploit the kick - enabling you to tapdance across headcrabs and zombies alike. It makes the level easier to the point where I think Combine soldiers could break up the action and present a good challenge.
  • I think the smod cod health regen rate needs to be raised slightly, it could just be me but I think it gets a little tedious waiting for health to regenerate between skirmishes.
  • Finally I just want to say that hud is brilliant.

Anyway sorry for the wall of text and thank you for Crylife.
This mod is going to cause a storm; I'm looking forward to its final release and Project: 404.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 10:54:33 AM »
Project:404

I'm pretty sure I've heard that phrase before, but what is it about?

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 11:24:55 AM »
Project:404
I'm pretty sure I've heard that phrase before, but what is it about?
Basically a S.T.A.L.K.E.R on a source engine :P
http://devmuffin.tumblr.com/post/70484878658/project-404-the-feature-list
[don't mind the screenshots on moddb site - I'm just using tactical asses as a placeholder]
Most of the features are already working...
Now cut it out, This thread is getting too much offtopic.

Been waiting for this; I'm afraid words can't justify how impressed I am with this mod and what you've managed to do with SMOD.

please post your suggestions about [the campaign]
Well, you asked for it  ;)

Currently playing through on hard, everything seems pretty balanced so far, (in Ravenholm now).
  • I found myself wanting to use the assault scope prior to getting it due to a few enemies being far away - it's a small issue as you do get it quite early but it might be nicer to either remove those distant Combine prior to recieving it or give the player the scope earlier.
  • The weapons all look and feel pretty much perfect, however the pistol's reload animation looks a little buggy.
  • The smg's recoil can be unforgiving at times so you may want to adjust it but in my opinion it doesn't desperately need changing.
  • It may be wise to add soldiers in Ravenholm; maximum strength allows the player to exploit the kick - enabling you to tapdance across headcrabs and zombies alike. It makes the level easier to the point where I think Combine soldiers could break up the action and present a good challenge.
  • I think the smod cod health regen rate needs to be raised slightly, it could just be me but I think it gets a little tedious waiting for health to regenerate between skirmishes.
  • Finally I just want to say that hud is brilliant.

Anyway sorry for the wall of text and thank you for Crylife.
This mod is going to cause a storm; I'm looking forward to its final release and Project: 404.
Thanks for feedback, yes Ravenholm needs tweaking.
I can add soldiers to ravenholm or I can reduce usage of kick (so you can't spam it),but I think I'll go with both.
I also thought about not giving ammo to player from supply crates - only scavenging from enemy soldiers.

The HUD is not finished, yet.

Update later today, yay.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 11:32:31 AM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 12:12:49 PM »

I also thought about not giving ammo to player from supply crates - only scavenging from enemy soldiers.

No. I've tried to do that in my own mod and it just ended up leaving you with almost no ammo for one weapon, but too much ammo for your other weapons. I'm not sure how the guns are distributed on the rest of the maps and what ammo do they use, but if it's all pretty much generalized, it shouldn't be a problem.

Supply crates are pretty boring tbh, so I'm thinking about a Crysis 2 style ammo replenishment system. Instead of supply crates scattered all across the map, maybe you can place a few key supply points, where the play can replenish most of his ammo, alt ammo, health etc. and maybe sometimes there could even be an occasional gun, which you can't find from NPC's (yet)? Of course that would mean that these supply posts would be pretty rare, maybe one in every second map or something. But that mostly depends on how much spare ammo the player can carry.

Offline huntra94

• huntra94 has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 12:07:33 AM »
This is the latest version or Crylife, dated on 2014-04-25 (yy.mm.dd).

Grab it while it's hot! (10GB bandwidth limit - resets after some time though)
https://mega.co.nz/#!fRtW1A6b!2RvpSbxswI4JORkLQ9GcZTWYwZcUSSSCwq4tT-bxlHk
This release runs on SMOD standalone 0.30, and it does not come with it, so download it first if you don't have it.

PATCH TO FULL 1.7.4
https://mega.co.nz/#!XVNWCaQY!pyDokX0NM_TyaDYZrmkAtt4l852A619qQ6dgW4RG3x4
you may need to backup cfg folder before patching, THIS PATCH REMOVES "hud_fastswitch 1" effect, and I don't like it...
Saves from maps with vehicles may cause crashes or not work properly.

This release is most complete in my opinion,
it contains fully working mapadds for HL2 and all of the maps that are selectable trough menu.
Finished code for weapon modification and unlocks
Finished(yet, not final) HUD for guns selection
Optimized weapon modification code
many more... (see changelog)

TO DO LIST / TEMPORARILY REMOVED FEATURES:
Make sure that gravity gun, scar, rpg unlock automatically on pickup
Make bugbait unlock automatically on pickup
Make shotgun unlock automatically on pickup
?How do I hopwire?
Add HUD for weapon modification
fix some sounds
fix $detail maps
Finish "coding in" leap ability (similar to max jump) [alternative for slide ability from crysis 2?]
Make new textures for NHEV or make new NHEV
make use of "unused" fvox messages
Redo all of fvox messages in a different styles (GLaDOS ,female, male, robotic ect.)
Make kickass intro for mod
make training map

BUGS in 1.7.4
Jumping forces player to leave crouch position
Crosshairs on 3D scopes are slightly off-center
on some maps you can observe doubling of attachment menu commands (sometimes causes small lag spikes)
running out of power while in cloak mode, causes power to regenerate regardless player left cloak mode or not.
(this is actually my "safety device" for the purpose of testing, but it can be easily exploited)

Post your suggestions/ideas/found bugs/thoughts here, I'd like to hear what you like and what not.

EDIT1/2:
This release contains my "config.cfg", my cause crashes
- make sure to rebind your keys or remove "config.cfg" from cfg folder
it took me 5 HOURS upload this file because of my ISP "features"

oh man I can't wait to play this now that's it's been updated

Offline huntra94

• huntra94 has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 01:48:49 AM »
yeah I've downloaded this mod and it crashes when I start it up I get a Can't Find Background image materials/console/startup_loading.vtf is anybody else getting this or no?

Offline hazard777

• Jaws of Infinity
  • hazard777 has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 10:34:54 AM »
yeah I've downloaded this mod and it crashes when I start it up I get a Can't Find Background image materials/console/startup_loading.vtf is anybody else getting this or no?
You have to use SMOD standalone: http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=81955c97e5d8d059b3b2c67d8514b79e&topic=1360.0

Also Pepsi, I'll try to list any bugs as I play through.

Right, bug time, this is subject to change if I find fixes/if I find out something was wrong on my end as opposed to the actual mod.

• d1_canals_08 Water Hazard: The helicopter that attacks you in the control tower with two turrets, neither work (doesn't break the game - you just can't shoot the helicopter away)
  • maps d1_town_02 and d2_coast_10 didn't load fixed by copying maps from HL2 into crylife
  • Buggy, smg and ar2 ammo crates don't seem to give any ammunition (tried adding "item_ammo_smg1_large" to override _class, didn't help)
  • Highway 17: I found the map trigger for obtaining the rpg was a bit sketchy, is there any way you could make it the entrance to the basement?
  • Some spawned grenades don't count as ammo, seen this problem in other SMODs, no idea why it happens
  • In d3_c17_05, (just before transitioning to d3_c17_06a) you jump down a ledge and there's a zombie behind you, it doesn't take any damage until halfway up the stairs just ran it through some more, didn't happen again, it had spawned a full zombie instead of a legless one
  • In the Citadel at the end of the game you can click your "use" key and get out of the prisoner pod things (doesn't break the game but thought you might want to change it)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 03:33:14 PM by hazard777 »

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 11:04:47 AM »
I've got an idea for A weapon, A 3 round gauss rifle thats like the one from crysis, fallout 3/new vegas, and s.t.a.l.k.e.r.
Its so powerful that it can take down a gunship and a strider with a couple of shots, tell me what you think of this idea? 8)