Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [BUG] I honestly have no idea.  (Read 5871 times)

Offline ZPC

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • ZPC has no influence.
[BUG] I honestly have no idea.
« on: August 14, 2014, 04:11:33 AM »
Well, I think this video best explains what I'm going through (Sorry for the windy Mic) But, if you're too lazy to watch the video . . .

I basically have no Attachment HUD or any other sort of things I should have as a normal client (If that makes sense), Basically, alot of stuff is missing from the game that I should have. I probably missed something or I need to reinstall SMOD Stand alone or something. It's all new and downloaded from just today as well.

But, the video better explains the predicament that I'm in than I could in words. So here it is.

Update:

Unknown command: gui_display
Unknown command: mod_overlay_un_none_x1
Is made when I try to add attachments, Possible clue? :O
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:29:37 AM by Pepsifan04 »

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
Re: [BUG] I honestly have no idea.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 11:45:58 PM »
:D First of all, Great Vid. I really loved it

Now to the point:
1.7.4 was a beta of a new system for managing and displaying attachments.
The missing commands were a place-holders for extended gui that never really got finished, and the gui graphics were never really added in the release.
The release itself was for the purpose of testing the new system (increasing number of possible combinations of weapon mods)

In the end, I wrote completely new system for displaying hud, and made a new hud for most of the things (not released to public, yet)
And if you have patched it to Full 1.7.4 you'll get GUI for selecting weapons, and again, it does not work well in this particular release.

The cloak mode is, uhhh... bad. I know that. The same thing goes with the sprint "animation" and some other minor issues with rest of NHEV modes.
Besides that, 1.7.4 was never really meant to run on Standalone 0.65, it was built on standalone 0.30 which have slightly different format, and folder structure.

In the conclusion:
Yes, I know that the latest release of mod is broken, but I have no intention of fixing it.
The old code and scripts were so much mess, that I've had to rewrite them, and in the process create new, more efficient system that become base to Crylife:2.
All of the bugs you've mentioned in your video and in the post has been already fixed.

EDIT: And before anyone asks:
no, I won't make "beta" of Crylife:2 any time soon.
First of all, I want to remove all known bugs and then release it for testing.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 11:48:07 PM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline ZPC

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • ZPC has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 02:40:27 AM »
Ok, Thanks! I was wondering why my game didn't have what was featured in the pictures of the game and such, clears up alot!

Offline gpgpgpgp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • gpgpgpgp has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 08:29:52 AM »
Well. You can write C++ dll file that could be called in LUA. Use read/write file functions to break the Hl2 function limits.

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 09:21:31 AM »
Well. You can write C++ dll file that could be called in LUA. Use read/write file functions to break the Hl2 function limits.
That was the first method I've tried for fixing lua after SKD2006 update.
It didn't worked, or at least not like it should.
I doubt that any other "advanced" code would work either.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline gpgpgpgp

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 03:03:47 AM »
So, is LUA currently working or not?
Function "package.loadlib" in LUA should be able to include a C written dll, so that you can use mouse & key hooks to moniter player controls (less complicated cfg scripts :) ), as well as using read/write file functions to implement "Cry-Life game achievements", and globally saving stuff like whether you've found a weapon addon or not in the campaign/mission. Well. Not that easy. But there's a lot of potential.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:11:19 AM by gpgpgpgp »

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 10:08:42 AM »
So, is LUA currently working or not?
Function "package.loadlib" in LUA should be able to include a C written dll, so that you can use mouse & key hooks to moniter player controls (less complicated cfg scripts :) ), as well as using read/write file functions to implement "Cry-Life game achievements", and globally saving stuff like whether you've found a weapon addon or not in the campaign/mission. Well. Not that easy. But there's a lot of potential.

If using custom DLLs you can modify headbob or add some cooler DoF effects, I'm all up for it.

Offline gpgpgpgp

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 10:36:27 AM »
Wait a sec. No need to use custom dll. There's something called "Source mod" or something... Google it?

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »
Wait a sec. No need to use custom dll. There's something called "Source mod" or something... Google it?

Sourcemod is for MP afaik

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 04:50:15 PM »
no, it's not.
I've just installed Sourcemod on SMOD:standalone +crylife, and it works
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 08:03:24 PM »
no, it's not.

Well I guess it's a very pleasant surprise then.

Offline gpgpgpgp

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 12:58:56 AM »
Haha, that's wonderful! Now we can use an advanced code with event hooks! Greaaaat!

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 11:18:25 PM »
no, it's not.
Latest version or an older version?

Would love to add this to SMOD: FIREFIGHT.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

Visit my Discord here: https://discord.gg/chfVwk2

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline gpgpgpgp

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 01:15:26 PM »
Google 'Sourcemod' and try it out yourself! I'm busy creating a Condition Zero career like multiplayer game mode for Cs: Source.

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 01:28:33 PM »
Google 'Sourcemod' and try it out yourself! I'm busy creating a Condition Zero career like multiplayer game mode for Cs: Source.
I actually run a TF2 server with Sourcemod installed, so I have some knowledge about Sourcemod.

Also, you'll need Metamod: Source for Sourcemod to even work at all.

Can't wait to add a weapon store to SMOD: FIREFIGHT!
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

Visit my Discord here: https://discord.gg/chfVwk2

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don