Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* TUTORIAL SECTION RULES

This section is for SMOD TUTORIALS & GUIDES ONLY.
You may create a new topic in the appropriate area to share your tutorial. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so we don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a tutorial, post a reply in its thread . Do not start a new topic for help here!

Author Topic: [Tutorial] Using custom ammo 6-10  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
[Tutorial] Using custom ammo 6-10
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:59:31 PM »
I have mentioned this before but I felt it was better to make a separate topic about this subject entirely so it is easier to find.

It is a well known fact that there is something wrong with custom ammo 6-10 as they were never truly finished. Well, as it turns out, the only thing that was never finished was the maximum ammo, which was copied from 1-5. The game still keeps the count without problems, and they work well down to model, ammo box quantity and so on.

It works like this:

custom ammo 6 = same max as custom ammo 1
custom ammo 7 = same max as custom ammo 2
custom ammo 8 = same max as custom ammo 3
custom ammo 9 = same max as custom ammo 4
custom ammo 10 = same max as custom ammo 5

As simple as that. This way, you can let 1 and 6 be grenades and 2 and 7 assault rifle ammo, as you probably leave the cap around the same for those types.

If this is too short for a true tutorial I apologize Mods, but I felt this needed to be known!
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: [Tutorial] Using custom ammo 6-10
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 01:18:28 PM »
Very informative, if I just knew this earlier.
+rep