Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Valve Beta Content Drama  (Read 5929 times)

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
Re: Valve Beta Content Drama
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 07:07:57 AM »
I completely forgot 1 major part of this and that is the drama between Pelpix and Danielmm88, one of the creators of TF2Classic.

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1524419
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline Pangia

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Pangia has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 06:34:25 PM »
top kek
I knew this project will not succeed. Seen too many fails like that in the Internet with many other projects in many other games.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2016, 12:38:53 AM »
Kinda pathetic this happened over Portal. As far as I know, it never went through massive development shifts like Half-Life 2 so there's not nearly as much material to gain. Likewise with the rumblings of drama I keep hearing about Left 4 Dead's cut content. It says a lot about how starved for actual content the Source community is that this is considered a major, community-fracturing incident.

"Beta" game builds in general seem to be magnets for crap that I never hear about anywhere else in a gaming community. The mystique of forbidden and unknown knowledge is one that can't be underestimated, especially since Valve's information blackout makes leaks look very appealing to anyone wanting 15 minutes of fame.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:46:35 AM by Onemanshow »

Offline rozh001

• rozh001 has no influence.
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 08:56:26 PM »
Can anyone fill me in?

Offline Theuaredead`

• Theuaredead` has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 09:25:33 PM »
Can anyone fill me in?

My first posts are the best you're gonna get.
I'm not going to comment on the PelPix thread since I don't know her personally, but I know it was planned out by them, but I don't know HOW much they planned out.

Offline Theuaredead`

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 09:27:59 PM »
top kek
I knew this project will not succeed. Seen too many fails like that in the Internet with many other projects in many other games.

But it was succeeding, until, you know, VNN

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2016, 10:53:00 PM »
top kek

Does that mean the mod is dead now?

Offline Theuaredead`

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2016, 06:12:59 PM »
top kek

Basically, they were holding of the release until they got a boatload of 05/06 files from Valve, but since this happened Valve isn't going to give them the assets.
PelPix had to leave the community due to the Discord, so others on the team are working to release the files publicly so people can continue it and study them.
Assuming the Discord doesn't release it first, possibly with a Source 2013 exploit that can hack into people's computers (which they were talking about sending me one and have been reported to Valve because of it!), as they got a newer build with the SteamID lock disabled on the codebase, so assuming they were able to remake the code or got the source code, they could release something dangerous to the public.

As for the L4D shit, they're threatening to leak that now, and it has been sent to unauthorized people. I'm believing that someone I worked on Zero with (who bullied me out of my own team) caused this, indirectly. As he told them to fuck off and leave me alone (likely to prevent the L4D files from leaking to basically say "hey theuaredead isnt on the team anymore, don't attack us"), which isn't terms they agree with, they love drama and want to destroy anything the community has.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 06:18:43 PM by Theuaredead` »

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2016, 09:39:47 PM »
top kek

Basically, they were holding of the release until they got a boatload of 05/06 files from Valve, but since this happened Valve isn't going to give them the assets.
PelPix had to leave the community due to the Discord, so others on the team are working to release the files publicly so people can continue it and study them.
Assuming the Discord doesn't release it first, possibly with a Source 2013 exploit that can hack into people's computers (which they were talking about sending me one and have been reported to Valve because of it!), as they got a newer build with the SteamID lock disabled on the codebase, so assuming they were able to remake the code or got the source code, they could release something dangerous to the public.

As for the L4D shit, they're threatening to leak that now, and it has been sent to unauthorized people. I'm believing that someone I worked on Zero with (who bullied me out of my own team) caused this, indirectly. As he told them to fuck off and leave me alone (likely to prevent the L4D files from leaking to basically say "hey theuaredead isnt on the team anymore, don't attack us"), which isn't terms they agree with, they love drama and want to destroy anything the community has.

I can't really say I'm surprised. This always seems to happen with source engine related beta stuff.

Offline Theuaredead`

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2016, 11:42:34 PM »
top kek

I can't really say I'm surprised. This always seems to happen with source engine related beta stuff.

It happens in the GoldSource community, in fact a lot of people causing the leaks are from the GoldSource community

Offline Theuaredead`

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2016, 07:48:38 PM »
I guess it's time for somewhat of an update.

Shit still hasn't died down, to a point, and I don't think it will ever.

The Cut Content Discord has essentially become a cult, devoted to try to attack anyone they see as a threat. We don't even know if their thing to get into people computers is even Source Base 2013 related, might be done via IP address by trying to find open ports, could even be fake so they can stroke their own egos (they lie a lot.) They've targeted various people (likely kids) who claimed they have beta files, no idea if they got into their computers and did anything with it, but we're aware it has happened. They've also targeted my team, directly via threats. They've been reported to Valve officials twice so far. They're devoted to ruining reputations in there, key examples are: everyone on my team, various people from Project-Beta, and likely more. How the fuck these twats are allowed on various sites at this point is beyond amazement, even after the fact a good chunk of the top level shitlords are from the Shaft team, who've been targeting my team and myself since 2013, and I've reported them countless times for their scummy acts. The only thing I got out of it was getting my account banned, likely by the Shaft team reported me falsely.

The Left 4 Dead files we've received from Valve are likely spreading right now, as someone on our team (not in the L4D Project) was sent a package of files from them, and from what I was told, it was also posted in the Discord.

A bunch of kids from the Portal community have been grabbing the leak of Project-Beta and reuploading it, claiming that they made all of the assets in it (yes, including the various Valve assets), or taking various assets from it claiming they made those assets. Why can't people fucking respect the goddamn content creators, why do they have to leach off of people who actually KNOW what they're doing.

I could probably add on more, but I don't know how much I get away with saying on a public forum and/or is blanking me at the moment. Have been dealing with bullshit for 6 years, it all tends to blur together after awhile.

Offline FreeKill

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2016, 08:31:39 PM »
I almost want to mess with people like the old days. All this is starting to get fun.

Offline Bitl

• Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 06:05:11 AM »
-snip-
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:39:19 AM by Bitl »
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 09:58:08 PM »
vnn account suspended when

Offline minmi96

• minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 03:00:27 AM »
-snip-
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:07:16 AM by minmi96 »

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.