Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* TUTORIAL SECTION RULES

This section is for SMOD TUTORIALS & GUIDES ONLY.
You may create a new topic in the appropriate area to share your tutorial. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so we don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a tutorial, post a reply in its thread . Do not start a new topic for help here!

Author Topic: [Tutorial] Realtime scopes  (Read 14615 times)

Offline LivingWithGames

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • LivingWithGames has no influence.
Re: [Tutorial] Realtime scopes
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 07:45:47 PM »
All of this is some good stuff, however, I got myself kinda busy to do this myself with a certain weapon in SMOD.

But I have an idea aswell.For who ever have SMOD 40a, there's the SVD Dragunov by default there and well, I would liek to see if someone could put "ironsights" to it and 3d lenses for the weapon.If you can't do it at the moment, I'll try to find yself a good day to try it out.Complex, but doesn't mean impossible.

~LWG.

Offline Fidchell

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Fidchell has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 11:26:54 PM »
I'm tearing my hair out trying to get this stuff to work. :P

In Tactical, whenever I equip the AWM or another weapon I made with an RT scope, the game crashes and doesn't give me a damn thing to go off of.

In Redux, I've successfully put an RT scope on the EP2 sniper and have tried putting one on a F2000, but for some reason the F2000 scope is having shadows cast on it.

Offline Fidchell

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2013, 04:52:45 AM »
Here's another example:

So one scope is actually affected by light and shadows but the other isn't? Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I've tried using two scopes for the grenade launcher instead of three but it didn't help.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2013, 09:25:03 AM »
I think it's the lense material (not scope_rt), to be more precise, bumpmap that lense uses.

Figure out which material is used by scope lense as a reflection, and make it transparent or remove it from .vmt file

Lense material MUST BE TRANSPARENT, in my tut the material is called lense_red. you can also try download the materials I've provided with the tut and see if it works.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Fidchell

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2013, 05:02:05 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Pepsi. The reason it was happening was mainly because for some reason I hadn't assigned the separate scope meshes to a material, let alone a material with proper alpha channels.

Offline gpgpgpgp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • gpgpgpgp has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013, 01:51:29 AM »
BTW, I discovered that if a map is loaded without precaching at least one model with Real time scope, the game is *Very* likely (100% in my case) to crash when loading a v_model with one. So better put at least one rt weapon in every mapadd precache list in case you use a Npc_weapon_randomize feature.
I'm posting it here 'cause I was disturbed by such crashes very much in my version of smod and have experienced the similar ones in the Smod:Realism Beta. Hope it'll help.

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »
BTW, I discovered that if a map is loaded without precaching at least one model with Real time scope, the game is *Very* likely (100% in my case) to crash when loading a v_model with one. So better put at least one rt weapon in every mapadd precache list in case you use a Npc_weapon_randomize feature.
I'm posting it here 'cause I was disturbed by such crashes very much in my version of smod and have experienced the similar ones in the Smod:Realism Beta. Hope it'll help.
Good notice. I will make sure to modify the mapadds to make sure that it doesn't crash.

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2013, 07:59:16 PM »
updated the first post, again

Thanks  gpgpgpgp :)
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Godsdicple666

• Godsdicple666 has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2014, 03:17:55 AM »
I finish making the realtime scope in milkshape what am I supposed to do after that

Offline Vedad1944

• Vedad1944 has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2014, 10:42:41 AM »
I finish making the realtime scope in milkshape what am I supposed to do after that
Well, you need to compile the model so it becomes usable ingame :)

Offline Godsdicple666

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2014, 08:37:14 PM »
How do I do that

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2014, 01:47:25 PM »
How do I do that
you use a compiler :D
guistudiomdl will do. google it. everybody uses it.

Offline Godsdicple666

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 07:27:16 PM »
The gun came out with the scope with no texture and there was no animation for the gun

Offline gpgpgpgp

• gpgpgpgp has no influence.
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2014, 12:51:45 AM »
About the model: The model may have been broken when it is decompiled. Decompile the model, immediately compile the decompiled stuff, and see if animations are right (add rotate -90 parameter to $sequence if necessary).
About the textures: Check your qc file to see the texture paths and make sure your textures are there.

Offline Godsdicple666

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2015, 07:05:58 PM »
the gun had animation but it was turned to side