Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crylife 1.6.9 P-RCII  (Read 9194 times)

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
Crylife 1.6.9 P-RCII
« on: December 27, 2013, 09:29:23 AM »
P-RCII  -  Pre-release candidate 2
REMOVED- Sorry there's an newer version out :
http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1374

Features:
  • Fully functional weapon modification based on bodygroups and map(add) math_counter and logic_case
  • NHEV shortcuts:
    Press "sprint" button twice quickly to activate max speed
    Press "Kick/punch" button twice quickly to activate max strength and do power kick (it may bug out sometimes)
    Press "crouch/duck" button twice quickly to activate cloak
    Press "NHEV-shorcut" button one/two/three/four times to activate armour/strength/speed/cloak
  • Gunshot sounds now "overlap" each other, and NHEV sounds not
  • You can now select weapons with mousewheel and deploy the gun with LMB(by default)
  • After pressing NHEV menu button you can use MW (default) to cycle trough NHEV modes, and release the NHEV button to select it  (overlays still need to be done)
  • Lots of minor changes(see changelog)

NOTES
  • Textures/sounds are still on to do list so don't rage about them,(especially the scar model)but models are final
  • No overlays ATM, look at the upper-right corner of the screen if you need some detailed info
  • Most of Css maps won't work due to SDK2006 update that broke lua code
  • You can now run the mod without owning HL2:DM(you still need it though)
  • I'm aware of the "kick model bug"(while modding an left handed weapon you can see foot(kick) model)
  • I'm in process of making secondary fire animations(nades)

Newest features work only on cs_pariah dm_gasworks and dm_steamlab
but if you're clever enough you can copypaste the mapadd code to other maps, there's no map-specific code

My goal is to polish the upcoming Public/final release as much as possible, that's why this version is so "random", I'm experimenting ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:50:42 PM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline huntra94

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • huntra94 has no influence.
Re: Crylife 1.6.9 P-RCII
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 10:36:19 PM »
so this is an update patch to the 1.6.4. update?

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 04:54:10 PM »
no. it's an "release", delete old version before installing it.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline huntra94

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 05:56:34 PM »
ah ok I see and does this need the patch ting the 1.5.9. had to make CS:S and HL2:DM work or no?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:08:27 PM by huntra94 »

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 06:11:13 PM »
ah ok I see and does this need the patch ting the 1.5.9. had to make CS:S and HL2:DM work or no?

i don't think so
at least it works for me without that

on an unrelated note, what's left to do?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 06:32:54 PM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline huntra94

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 07:58:08 PM »
no. it's an "release", delete old version before installing it.

ok I have it added and I'll say like the new weapons but this is buggy as hell dude I can't use any weapons other then the pistol in story mode and I know it's not a bug but the double click thing is a pain to use but outside of that no bugs that make the game unplayable but the pistol one and you can't see the menu for weapon customize when you open it

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2014, 03:38:22 PM »
can you possibly show a video of the attachment system working in action?

and for god's sakes... SMOOOTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING EEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORS`

tbh i've only noticed severe smoothing errors on the SCAR-LK, but the rest look okay

also, why did you replace the hk1911 with a hk45c? the 1911 looked much cooler imho :(
maybe you could make a replacement or something?

also, attachments don't work for shit, even when i exec giveall. not sure if that's supposed to give the attachments too, but i guess i tried everything

i once had some text popping up in d3_c17_01 (or 02, can't tell exactly) saying that i've unlocked a suppressor for my MP5. but there's no MP5 for a long time, right?
so i thought that it was the concept cricket SMG, so i tried to attach a silencer. didn't work. i've tried on the MP7 - didn't work.

so there's something wrong with the attachment system, not me not having the required attachment
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:29:06 PM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline huntra94

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 09:17:48 AM »
I've had the same problems too dude

Offline hazard777

• Jaws of Infinity
  • hazard777 has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 04:56:01 PM »
The weapons and attachments all work smooth as butter in the training area map. They probably just need to be enabled through mapadds for them to work in the campaign.

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 09:51:15 PM »
can you possibly show a video of the attachment system working in action?

and for god's sakes... SMOOOTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING EEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORS`

tbh i've only noticed severe smoothing errors on the SCAR-LK, but the rest look okay

also, why did you replace the hk1911 with a hk45c? the 1911 looked much cooler imho :(
maybe you could make a replacement or something?

also, attachments don't work for shit, even when i exec giveall. not sure if that's supposed to give the attachments too, but i guess i tried everything

i once had some text popping up in d3_c17_01 (or 02, can't tell exactly) saying that i've unlocked a suppressor for my MP5. but there's no MP5 for a long time, right?
so i thought that it was the concept cricket SMG, so i tried to attach a silencer. didn't work. i've tried on the MP7 - didn't work.

so there's something wrong with the attachment system, not me not having the required attachment
Campaign maps don't work ATM, any by that, it means that attachments unlocks will also not work
SCAR LK is fine, well the model itself, it's fault of normal maps which look like shit
I'm planning to make some "addons", so yeah, I can make replacements of guns/sounds/textures/ ect
Quote from: Myself
Newest features work only on cs_pariah dm_gasworks and dm_steamlab
I've actually messed it up, look below.
The weapons and attachments all work smooth as butter in the training area map. They probably just need to be enabled through mapadds for them to work in the campaign.
Exactly. I've modified trigger name (slot_timer = timer) in script and forgot about it, that's why attachments don't work on other maps. sorry :/

EDIT:
Current/final weapon models and textures

Who the heck need those two?

mental

EDIT2:
I've made a new test map because the old one was unoptimized, useless and generally bad.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:42:04 PM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 10:33:56 PM »

At this moment 23:16 16.01.14(dd.mm.yy) it's:

- Add hud hints for NHEV ( because ppl don't read controls or readme or anything)
- Add HUD for mouse wheel weapon selection (generally weapon selection)
- Finish making weapon_selection HUD (overlay for weapon modification like to old one only expanded for new options)
- Add animation for secondary fire (grenade throw, I've have 3 models /w anims done)
- Redo the partial weapon unlocks scripts (eg. you have scope but you don't have silencer yet)
- Fix HL2 mapadd-s because of Lua code not working (I've had such a good code for NHEV ;/)
- Redo "mission" maps that broke because of Lua^(not all of them)
- Fix combine and friendlies hitboxes
- Make gravity gun cloak-able (it messes up on decompile, IDK why?)
- Make gravity gun and RPG fire their "get" scripts use OnPlayerPickup instead radius trigger
- Possibly make attachments unlock work the same way?
- Fix/replace some sounds
- Make an actual training map that will learn the player how to use NHEV
- Rename weapon names in "code" to correspond to their actual in-game models
- Add support for non-overwritig addons and "mods" (separate sourcemods folders without gameinfo.txt in them)
- Make CSS work
- Fix Lua without need to change the name

and that's all I need to do (I think, but you never know...)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 10:45:00 PM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 12:38:29 PM »

At this moment 23:16 16.01.14(dd.mm.yy) it's:

- Add hud hints for NHEV ( because ppl don't read controls or readme or anything)
- Add HUD for mouse wheel weapon selection (generally weapon selection)
- Finish making weapon_selection HUD (overlay for weapon modification like to old one only expanded for new options)
- Add animation for secondary fire (grenade throw, I've have 3 models /w anims done)
- Redo the partial weapon unlocks scripts (eg. you have scope but you don't have silencer yet)
- Fix HL2 mapadd-s because of Lua code not working (I've had such a good code for NHEV ;/)
- Redo "mission" maps that broke because of Lua^(not all of them)
- Fix combine and friendlies hitboxes
- Make gravity gun cloak-able (it messes up on decompile, IDK why?)
- Make gravity gun and RPG fire their "get" scripts use OnPlayerPickup instead radius trigger
- Possibly make attachments unlock work the same way?
- Fix/replace some sounds
- Make an actual training map that will learn the player how to use NHEV
- Rename weapon names in "code" to correspond to their actual in-game models
- Add support for non-overwritig addons and "mods" (separate sourcemods folders without gameinfo.txt in them)
- Make CSS work
- Fix Lua without need to change the name

and that's all I need to do (I think, but you never know...)

holy crap, that's a lot of stuff to do

btw, i really like that you chose the USP Match for the pistol, but why don't you use Thanez's model? not saying that twinke's is bad, but thanez's is... well, newer.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:40:06 PM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline huntra94

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 07:48:17 PM »
is he saying that he needs to add those or that they've been added already?

Offline Comrade

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 08:00:30 PM »
actually i've downloaded that SCAR-LK mesh, plugged it into marmoset. and i've found out that SMOOTHING ERRORS, SMOOTHING ERRORS ERRYWHERE

but this means it isn't your fault, it's Likon's for uploading a model with fucked up smoothing groups

just so you know it's not the normals, the issue's there even when i don't plug normals in
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:02:58 PM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 08:54:45 PM »
I've re-done smoothing more or less(because, like you said, the model itself was awful), but normal maps aren't the best either, they just don't make any sense :/

is he saying that he needs to add those or that they've been added already?
Where it says "Add" it means that I need to, well, add it.
 Fix - is to eliminate an existing "bug" in the game.
Make - is basically the same as "Add"
Redo smth - something is done but it requires complete re-doing from scratch
Finish - something is not completely done, but it is already in the game

the last 3 positions of the list are optional - I might not add/fix them...
DROP DATABASE bsnooch