Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Please port to Source 2013  (Read 2360 times)

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
Please port to Source 2013
« on: February 18, 2014, 06:35:02 AM »
You should really consider porting SMOD: CryLife to the newest version of the source engine, because with every update mods like SMOD: CryLife get more broken to the point of being unplayable, it might sound like a lot of work recoding/porting SMOD: CryLife to the newest version of source but you wont have to put up with every single god dam update that valve chews and spits out, trust me it would be worth it in the end.

Will you consider this?

Also everyone else is free to share their opinion here.

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.

Offline Fidchell

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Fidchell has no influence.
Re: Please port to Source 2013
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 07:05:58 AM »
If this was possible, Smod would have been transferred to a post-2006 Source engine a while ago.  ???

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 07:57:47 AM »
See SMMOD. Still heavily WiP, but I have a feeling this is gonna be a good one.

You can't port SMOD to a newer version of the engine because teh source code is not available. And you need that. I remember someone said someone tried to decompile SMOD, and well, he didn't get much. Most of the code was "unreadable", though I hardly imagine such a state. Must have been comments, or assembly, or whatever...

I might download SMMOD right now just to check it out... how are the custom weapons?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 08:00:57 AM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 03:45:46 PM »

You can't port SMOD to a newer version of the engine because teh source code is not available. And you need that. I remember someone said someone tried to decompile SMOD, and well, he didn't get much. Most of the code was "unreadable", though I hardly imagine such a state. Must have been comments, or assembly, or whatever...

I might download SMMOD right now just to check it out... how are the custom weapons?

Still needs lots of improvements and features implemented. Bullets work fine though, you can set both primary and secondary to bullets and have a auto weapon with a shotgun attachment on it. At least, what I remember.... .-.
._. I love coffee.

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 04:35:29 PM »

Still needs lots of improvements and features implemented. Bullets work fine though, you can set both primary and secondary to bullets and have a auto weapon with a shotgun attachment on it. At least, what I remember.... .-.

Yeah, I kind of like what you wanted to achieve with the addon system... if it even works *shrug*
Anyway, I consider the mod unplayable at this point because missing textures, not working events etc.

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 04:52:18 PM »

Yeah, I kind of like what you wanted to achieve with the addon system... if it even works *shrug*
Anyway, I consider the mod unplayable at this point because missing textures, not working events etc.
It's the mounting order that is causing that, re-order the search-paths (in gameinfo.txt)to fix that. But that fixes one game and breaks the other...
._. I love coffee.

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 08:33:55 PM »
You should really consider porting SMOD: CryLife to the newest version of the source engine, because with every update mods like SMOD: CryLife get more broken to the point of being unplayable, it might sound like a lot of work recoding/porting SMOD: CryLife to the newest version of source but you wont have to put up with every single god dam update that valve chews and spits out, trust me it would be worth it in the end.

Will you consider this?

Also everyone else is free to share their opinion here.

I'm actually making a "proper" Source 2013 mod, and it's gonna feature some ideas from crylife (weapon modification).
Also, I'm planning to add NHEV, as a ester-egg.

I don't know is this counts to you as a port though.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch