Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Redux - FINAL  (Read 46333 times)

Offline TheZec

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • TheZec has no influence.
Re: SMOD Redux - FINAL
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2017, 11:09:02 PM »
^I'm not sure how far you looked into it, and I can always test things later since I'm sure you're working on other things, but I noticed for SMOD Redux 8 the skybox for Ravenholm was pretty much broken, merely reflecting whatever the player happened to look at at a particular moment when running it via Steam. With some changes to the gameinfo file, I was able to get the legacy versions running for SMOD Standalone and the skybox in Redux 8 in Ravenholm functioned as normal. Would it be safe to say all the other issues you listed were fixed as well?

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2017, 12:29:53 AM »
^I'm not sure how far you looked into it, and I can always test things later since I'm sure you're working on other things, but I noticed for SMOD Redux 8 the skybox for Ravenholm was pretty much broken, merely reflecting whatever the player happened to look at at a particular moment when running it via Steam. With some changes to the gameinfo file, I was able to get the legacy versions running for SMOD Standalone and the skybox in Redux 8 in Ravenholm functioned as normal. Would it be safe to say all the other issues you listed were fixed as well?

SMOD Standalone doesn't have any issues with loading LUA so if you make the legacy versions function on Standalone they should work fine. I'm fairly sure I uploaded the legacy versions before LUA was broken by updates because I would have taken it into account when fixing them up, and I just don't have the interest in SMOD anymore to go through and update them to Standalone or remove the LUA bits. :-\

Plus, Standalone has a very annoying bug with the HL2 campaign where savegames can be corrupted in certain maps (canals_08, eli_01, a few others). I've made mention of this a few times in the past, but Pepsifan never responded or said anything about it and now he seems to have vanished.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:51:50 AM by Onemanshow »

Offline TheZec

• TheZec has no influence.
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2017, 02:23:50 AM »
^Hmm, save corruptions seem a small price to pay to make sure they work as intended. Thanks for the warnings and for the replies. By the way I made the legacy versions work by copying these lines from Redux FINAL's gameinfo.txt

Game            |gameinfo_path|.
         game            "|gameinfo_path|..\SMOD40aq"            
         game            hl2
         game            "|gameinfo_path|..\..\SDKBase"
         game            "|gameinfo_path|..\..\..\..\common\Half-Life 2\hl2"

Into Redux 5, and 8's gameinfo.txt. Not sure if that was the correct way to go about doing it, but like I said 8's skybox for Ravenholm was fixed.

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2017, 03:05:21 AM »
So that explains why I always crashed on that canals map.

Offline Troglodyte

• Troglodyte has no influence.
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2017, 11:12:28 PM »
Hello everyone. Last time I played this (same version I think, launching it through standalone) and some of the weapons seem to be displaced. I remember there being that cz pistol next to the dead civilian in Route Kanal. Also, I stumbled upon the fan-made wiki for this mod and it mentions a sword also located in Route Kanal, which is found under the staircase after running into two metro police harrassing two civilians. Have the locations of these weapons been changed, or have they been removed?

One more for you if you don't mind- are the dual USPs still here as well? Thanks in advance, and praise to the Pepsi God.

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2017, 07:54:17 AM »
Hello everyone. Last time I played this (same version I think, launching it through standalone) and some of the weapons seem to be displaced. I remember there being that cz pistol next to the dead civilian in Route Kanal. Also, I stumbled upon the fan-made wiki for this mod and it mentions a sword also located in Route Kanal, which is found under the staircase after running into two metro police harrassing two civilians. Have the locations of these weapons been changed, or have they been removed?

One more for you if you don't mind- are the dual USPs still here as well? Thanks in advance, and praise to the Pepsi God.
The Dual USPs have been replaced with Golden Colts.