Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Standalone 0.65  (Read 192847 times)

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: SMOD Standalone 0.30
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2014, 02:12:23 PM »
When I try to start my own SMOD mod it gives me "Extra AppID set to 220, but no SteamAppID"

And yes, I setted the ID to 220.

Any help? I have been following the insctructions.

go to scripts/addcontents.txt and delete everything

Yep, I saw Vedads post, that fixed it.

Offline 4KingAl

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • 4KingAl has no influence.
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2014, 11:06:22 AM »
Has anyone managed to get CSS SCI FI 3 Hardwired to work yet ? If so , do tell how..................Please :)

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
CSS SCI FI 3 depends on CSS files, try this tut for extracting CSS files and reflect new paths due to "slight" format change.
it should work.

http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1270.0

For some reason this won't launch SMOD Redux for me...
The Problem: It starts up then closes down.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

You're launching from a shortcut, right? You aren't launching from the steam client? Make sure your launch options are correct.
Yeah my launch options are correct, but it still keeps crashing. :/
EDIT: The instructions that pepsi provided really confuse me, I can't figure out whats wrong... :/

Plesae provide your gameinfo.txt for redux also doublecheck -game <modfoldernamehere> parameter
Phew. I can be at ease knowing that the SMOD community will be lasting longer at least till SMMOD resumes development.

Ran this on a old SMOD mod I had privately developed a long time ago (but never left the alpha stages), had to renovate the addcontents, but it's otherwise fine! I think there should be a launcher that detects sub-mods for SMOD and displays them on a list.

EDIT: Just made a sub-foldier called "mods" and changed up the gameinfo to reflect the directory changes. Worked fine, wonder if that can bring ideas.
EDIT 2: Just made a basic launcher that gets a basic lists of installed mods you can run and you just click the mod's name.
EDIT 3: @_@ This is why I wanted to hold on development of SMMOD, it's 2 in the morning and 4 hours away from school time.
I wanted to do this but I was too lazy and I wanted a unified format.
I'm interested in this though, please continue... and share.

Your "Launcher" might become "official" For SMOD STDL if everything goes fine.

For future bug posts:
Please describe your problem better and give a copy of gameinfo.txt form your mod before posting, this'll allow me to fix those problems in future releases, if possible OFC.
Thanks.

EDIT:
I'm not gonna add Troubleshooting section because verifying/reinstalling your HL2 and SourceSDK base 2006 solves most of the problems.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 08:38:51 PM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2014, 04:25:45 AM »
CSS SCI FI 3 depends on CSS files, try this tut for extracting CSS files and reflect new paths due to "slight" format change.
it should work.

http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1270.0

For some reason this won't launch SMOD Redux for me...
The Problem: It starts up then closes down.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

You're launching from a shortcut, right? You aren't launching from the steam client? Make sure your launch options are correct.
Yeah my launch options are correct, but it still keeps crashing. :/
EDIT: The instructions that pepsi provided really confuse me, I can't figure out whats wrong... :/

Plesae provide your gameinfo.txt for redux also doublecheck -game <modfoldernamehere> parameter
Phew. I can be at ease knowing that the SMOD community will be lasting longer at least till SMMOD resumes development.

Ran this on a old SMOD mod I had privately developed a long time ago (but never left the alpha stages), had to renovate the addcontents, but it's otherwise fine! I think there should be a launcher that detects sub-mods for SMOD and displays them on a list.

EDIT: Just made a sub-foldier called "mods" and changed up the gameinfo to reflect the directory changes. Worked fine, wonder if that can bring ideas.
EDIT 2: Just made a basic launcher that gets a basic lists of installed mods you can run and you just click the mod's name.
EDIT 3: @_@ This is why I wanted to hold on development of SMMOD, it's 2 in the morning and 4 hours away from school time.
I wanted to do this but I was too lazy and I wanted a unified format.
I'm interested in this though, please continue... and share.

Your "Launcher" might become "official" For SMOD STDL if everything goes fine.

For future bug posts:
Please describe your problem better and give a copy of gameinfo.txt form your mod before posting, this'll allow me to fix those problems in future releases, if possible OFC.
Thanks.

EDIT:
I'm not gonna add Troubleshooting section because verifying/reinstalling your HL2 and SourceSDK base 2006 solves most of the problems.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nnpmlk2i8vdm5vb/SMOD%20Launcher%20Simple.exe Here's the simple launcher, not that pretty, but it works (might switch to using python or something that I can customise it visually better). Make sure mods are located in "./mods/" and their paths adjusted as such.
._. I love coffee.

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 06:26:22 AM »
Is there a way to make the launcher work by starting SMOD in steam? And then making it able to choose the submod before launching?

Offline GigaDrillBreak

• GigaDrillBreak has no influence.
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2014, 03:26:06 PM »
Hi,
Can someone please explain to me in layman's terms how to get SMOD Redux and SMOD Outbreak to work with this? I really don't get it.
Thanks.

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2014, 03:32:12 PM »
Hi,
Can someone please explain to me in layman's terms how to get SMOD Redux and SMOD Outbreak to work with this? I really don't get it.
Thanks.

First of all, you put smodredux/smodoutbreak into the same folder as the hl2.exe folder.
Then you make a shortcut to the hl2.exe and put -game smodredux/smodoutbreak in the target section.
Then you go to smodredux/smodoutbreak, then scripts, then you find a file called addcontents.txt and erase it completely.
Then you run the game.

Offline GigaDrillBreak

« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply Antivirus!

Unfortunately, when I run the game from the shortcut, I just get a black screen for a few seconds and it crashes. I tried altering the addcontent.txt file in the way specified earlier in the thread instead of deleting it too, and got the same result.

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2014, 04:23:46 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply Antivirus!

Unfortunately, when I run the game from the shortcut, I just get a black screen for a few seconds and it crashes. I tried altering the addcontent.txt file in the way specified earlier in the thread instead of deleting it too, and got the same result.

Weird. Lemme try that out myself.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2014, 04:29:39 PM »
Oh, forgot to mention, but you might need to mess with the gameinfo.txt

Simply try to replace its contents with the ones from the hl2's gameinfo and see if that works.

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2014, 04:37:56 PM »

Simply try to replace its contents with the ones from the hl2's gameinfo and see if that works.

Correct.
The more I'm thinking about all the "issues" with porting mods, the more I want to make installer to "convert" existing/installed SMOD mods to SMOD Stdl format automatically
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline GigaDrillBreak

« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2014, 05:41:17 PM »

It works! Thanks you so much!

Offline Comrade

« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2014, 05:42:42 PM »

It works! Thanks you so much!

np

Offline Fidchell

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Fidchell has no influence.
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2014, 12:03:43 AM »
it should work.

Although I've already done this extraction method, the game seems to kick you out in some default CSS maps, including "cbble" and "assault", because of "missing node lists" according to the console.. Here's what my addcontents looks like:

Code: [Select]
"Additional contents list"
{
"Contents" {
"CS:S" { "path" "c:\SMOD\CSS\cstrike\" }

"HL2" { "path" "c:\SMOD\HL2\hl2" }

"HL2MP" { "path" "c:\SMOD\HL2DM\hl2mp\" }

"CS:S Maps" { "path" "c:\SMOD\CSS\cstrike\" }
}
}

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2014, 12:09:44 AM »
cs_assault seem to work fine for me. try launching it without mapadd.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch