Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crylife 1.7.4 P-RC III  (Read 18911 times)

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: Crylife 1.7.4 P-RC III
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 12:23:45 PM »
I've got an idea for A weapon, A 3 round gauss rifle thats like the one from crysis, fallout 3/new vegas, and s.t.a.l.k.e.r.
Its so powerful that it can take down a gunship and a strider with a couple of shots, tell me what you think of this idea? 8)

Tried to implement said gun into my SMOD a while back when Crylife still wasn't a thing. Test results showed potential, although you MUST use EnergyBullet, which has a limited speed, which is very slow, which is a shame. I've set damage type to 0 (generic) and it could kill a strider in 2 hits.

That weapon would only be effective against stationary and slow targets, such as a group of soldiers or a strider. Not so effective against a gunship, since it moves pretty fast, and the bullets are slow.

Sounds like a good idea nonetheless. I support it.

Offline huntra94

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • huntra94 has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 01:55:16 PM »
I've got an idea for A weapon, A 3 round gauss rifle thats like the one from crysis, fallout 3/new vegas, and s.t.a.l.k.e.r.
Its so powerful that it can take down a gunship and a strider with a couple of shots, tell me what you think of this idea? 8)

I added it after I added the mod still didn't work and even thought of re doing it by removing Crylife and then readding it still didn't work

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 03:41:11 PM »

Minigun can destroy gunships and striders, so I'm not sure about adding Gauss rifle. (it sounds cool as hell though)
Also I'm using AirboatBullet projectile, it basically creates small explosion on contact, while looking like normal" bullet" and preserving its speed.
Earlier versions of Crylife had Gauss gun , but it never worked well in terms of gameplay, maybe I should re-master it.

Also Pepsi, I'll try to list any bugs as I play through.
Thanks a lot  :)

Also huntra94:
I think you quoted the wrong post. but I'm not sure...
And as for the installation process:
1. Install SMOD STDL. (make sure you have installed Hal-Life 2 and Source SDK Base 2006 on steam, and UPDATED TO LATEST VERSION)
2. After Install Process it should create shortcut on your desktop named "SMOD 40stdl"
Put crylife inside "SMOD Standalone" folder
Copy the shortcut on your desktop rename it to "crylife" and add
Code: [Select]
-game Crylife at the end of the "target" path;do it after quotation marks ""
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 03:54:27 PM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline huntra94

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 03:43:02 PM »
what I meant by what I posted is I added the Smod standalone thing after I added Crylife and it didn't work even removed Crylife and re added it and still nothing would still give me the error I listed already

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 03:51:57 PM »
Follow the steps the I've listed, because what I've understood is that you:
Installed Crylife THEN added SMOD STDL, which is wrong. ;) also don't run this trough steam
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline huntra94

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 03:52:36 PM »
ah ok then how do I run crylife then with out steam?

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 03:55:23 PM »
via shortcut from your desktop.
Example of my "target" path"
"G:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\SMOD Standalone\hl2.exe" -game Crylife
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline huntra94

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 03:56:46 PM »
oh and are you saying I have to re add smod stand alone?

oh ok thank you hopefully this works^_^

POST2:
via shortcut from your desktop.
Example of my "target" path"
"G:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\SMOD Standalone\hl2.exe" -game Crylife

when I try to put in the target path area it says it this 'G:\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\ SMOD standalone\HL2.exe' specified is not valid

POST3:

Minigun can destroy gunships and striders, so I'm not sure about adding Gauss rifle. (it sounds cool as hell though)
Also I'm using AirboatBullet projectile, it basically creates small explosion on contact, while looking like normal" bullet" and preserving its speed.
Earlier versions of Crylife had Gauss gun , but it never worked well in terms of gameplay, maybe I should re-master it.

Thanks a lot  :)

Also huntra94:
I think you quoted the wrong post. but I'm not sure...
And as for the installation process:
1. Install SMOD STDL. (make sure you have installed Hal-Life 2 and Source SDK Base 2006 on steam, and UPDATED TO LATEST VERSION)
2. After Install Process it should create shortcut on your desktop named "SMOD 40stdl"
Put crylife inside "SMOD Standalone" folder
Copy the shortcut on your desktop rename it to "crylife" and add
-game Crylife at the end of the "target" path;do it after quotation marks ""

so when you say copy the shortcut on your desktop do you mean make a new shortcut or rename the one I already have?

POST4:
--Lots of words--

yo thanks for the help and sorry for so many questions it's just I'm not very good at modding games so again sorry for the many questions
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:13:59 PM by Pepsifan04 »

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »
Cleaned this up a bit for you, but don't do this any more, ok?
Use "edit" instead.

copy existing one, it should be automatically renamed to "SMOD 40stdl -copy" <-- rename this to Crylife.
Go to properties (rmb on a icon>properties)
There should be a path named "target".
Add at the same end, you can copypaste this:
-game CrylifeSave, and run created shortcut.

Tell me where is your steam located?
Just open "sourcemods" folder and copy file path to it.
Post it here, so I can make a working shortcut for you.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 06:19:44 PM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline huntra94

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 06:43:12 PM »
oh ok didn't know where the edit button was for the comments on here so my bad but figured out how to get it working now so playing it but snice you said to list bugs I'll let you know if I see any^_^

Update: I've found one bug in two levels in the game and it's the levels Route Canal and Black Mesa East so I'll list what I found at those areas....

Route Canal: when you get to the Air Boat it's on a wall facing down and in what looks like a wooden plank and you can't remove it from the spot it's stuck in.

Black Mesa East: almost the whole levels nothing but black and purple checkers.

I'll reedit this when ever I find more bugs but outside of the bugs I like the new weapons mainly the AK
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:00:43 PM by huntra94 »

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2014, 01:12:35 AM »
Right, bug time, this is subject to change if I find fixes/if I find out something was wrong on my end as opposed to the actual mod.

• d1_canals_08 Water Hazard: The helicopter that attacks you in the control tower with two turrets, neither work (doesn't break the game - you just can't shoot the helicopter away)
  • maps d1_town_02 and d2_coast_10 didn't load fixed by copying maps from HL2 into crylife
  • Buggy, smg and ar2 ammo crates don't seem to give any ammunition (tried adding "item_ammo_smg1_large" to override _class, didn't help)
  • Highway 17: I found the map trigger for obtaining the rpg was a bit sketchy, is there any way you could make it the entrance to the basement?
  • Some spawned grenades don't count as ammo, seen this problem in other SMODs, no idea why it happens
  • In d3_c17_05, (just before transitioning to d3_c17_06a) you jump down a ledge and there's a zombie behind you, it doesn't take any damage until halfway up the stairs just ran it through some more, didn't happen again, it had spawned a full zombie instead of a legless one
  • In the Citadel at the end of the game you can click your "use" key and get out of the prisoner pod things (doesn't break the game but thought you might want to change it)
Route Canal: when you get to the Air Boat it's on a wall facing down and in what looks like a wooden plank and you can't remove it from the spot it's stuck in.

Black Mesa East: almost the whole levels nothing but black and purple checkers.

I'll reedit this when ever I find more bugs but outside of the bugs I like the new weapons mainly the AK
Ok, thanks for the update(s)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 02:22:08 PM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2014, 11:19:46 PM »
Might be a the wrong topic the bug is so minor.
Airboat has a small amount of bugs going along with it, and these will probably translate to the jeep as well.

If you try to switch weapons in the airboat (and most likely the jeep), it will switch the "animations", so it might have the wrong sprint animation, so the gun sprints on the wrong side. Switching weapons fixes this, the animations you added work just fine after that. As far as I know this is because the mapadd/consolescriptthingy thinks that you switched weapons, so it switches animations to work right, but it actually didn't switch weapons for those animations, so switching from an assault rifle that is mirrored, to a smg that is not mirrored in the airboat will cause the animations to reverse.

The fix would be detecting you are in the airboat, and disabling weapon switching, but I'm not handy with mapadd so I don't know if you can do this.

Also, you might already know this but for some reason, in my case anyways, the smg you get early in the game disables the hud when you hover over it, but when you select it works fine.

EDIT: I'm stupid, I didn't check the changelog.

Other than that, this mod is functioning amazing with SmodSTDL, thank you so much for that. The hud functions amazingly well, and looks very cool. The attachments are all useful, even the silencer in some situations. I'm glad you transitioned to bodygroups.

One thing I would add is give the dual pistols much earlier because I found it didn't make sense that you just found the PERFECT pistol after going through 50 cops with pistols.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 11:29:28 PM by Monkatraz »
MLG

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2014, 01:10:48 AM »

EDIT: I'm stupid, I didn't check the changelog.

Other than that, this mod is functioning amazing with SmodSTDL, thank you so much for that. The hud functions amazingly well, and looks very cool. The attachments are all useful, even the silencer in some situations. I'm glad you transitioned to bodygroups.

One thing I would add is give the dual pistols much earlier because I found it didn't make sense that you just found the PERFECT pistol after going through 50 cops with pistols.
I've fixed it in full 1.7.4 release. this bug still occurs on some maps though, "sandtraps" for example.
Thanks for feedback about the pistol.
I'm probably gonna move it so player finds it earlier but I'll remove silencer for pistol from "default" setting,
and move it somewhere else, maybe canal maps just before player finds airboat.

EDIT:
I've added some neat things to the mod, small but neat.
You'll have to wait for somewat more stable and finished version to see it tough.
probably next summer ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 01:18:08 AM by Pepsifan04 »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Camocake

• Camocake has no influence.
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2014, 05:13:41 AM »
yeah I've downloaded this mod and it crashes when I start it up I get a Can't Find Background image materials/console/startup_loading.vtf is anybody else getting this or no?
You have to use SMOD standalone: http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=81955c97e5d8d059b3b2c67d8514b79e&topic=1360.0

Right, bug time, this is subject to change if I find fixes/if I find out something was wrong on my end as opposed to the actual mod.

• d1_canals_08 Water Hazard: The helicopter that attacks you in the control tower with two turrets, neither work (doesn't break the game - you just can't shoot the helicopter away)
  • maps d1_town_02 and d2_coast_10 didn't load fixed by copying maps from HL2 into crylife
  • Buggy, smg and ar2 ammo crates don't seem to give any ammunition (tried adding "item_ammo_smg1_large" to override _class, didn't help)
  • Highway 17: I found the map trigger for obtaining the rpg was a bit sketchy, is there any way you could make it the entrance to the basement?
  • Some spawned grenades don't count as ammo, seen this problem in other SMODs, no idea why it happens
  • In d3_c17_05, (just before transitioning to d3_c17_06a) you jump down a ledge and there's a zombie behind you, it doesn't take any damage until halfway up the stairs just ran it through some more, didn't happen again, it had spawned a full zombie instead of a legless one
  • In the Citadel at the end of the game you can click your "use" key and get out of the prisoner pod things (doesn't break the game but thought you might want to change it)

Can you explain how to use SMOD: Crylife with SMOD standalone a bit better please?   :(

Offline Camocake

• Camocake has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2014, 05:37:55 AM »
yeah I've downloaded this mod and it crashes when I start it up I get a Can't Find Background image materials/console/startup_loading.vtf is anybody else getting this or no?

Dude! I Found the fix! all i did was change a couple of numbers!change the stuff it says in the gameinfo file to....

"GameInfo"
{
game "SMOD: Crylife 1.7.4"
title "SMOD: Crylife"
title2 "1.7.4 Public Release"
developer   "Pepsifan04,The SMOD Author, help and moral support from Dev.muffin group"
website "http://devmuffin.tumblr.com/"
"icon" "icon"
FileSystem
{
SteamAppId 215 // This will mount all the GCFs we need (240=CS:S, 220=HL2).
ToolsAppId 211 // Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.

SearchPaths
{
Game |gameinfo_path|.
Game hl2
Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\common\Half-Life 2\hl2"
Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp"
Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike"
}
}
}

click save afterwards!

Hope it helped!