Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crylife 1.7.4 P-RC III  (Read 19282 times)

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
Re: Crylife 1.7.4 P-RC III
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2014, 09:01:53 PM »
I have a small balancing suggestion: It seems that if you go into maximum speed mode, bullettime firing, reloading, and all of that are much faster, this is ok, except for the fact that if you use a weapon such as a shotgun, you can use it to be largely overpowered.

Example: On the Overpass map, group of combine. Easiest way would most likely to have your average firefight right? No, you go into bullettime with maximum speed, shoot them very quickly because of the maximum speed and bullettime. You can take down entire groups with just the pistol with this method, instead of going into your standard firefight.

I know this is Crylife where the nanosuit makes you do superhuman things, but it's just so overpowered. I would either just make maximum speed make you just fast in bullettime, and not able to fire so quickly. It's a lot harder in bullettime if you use say the maximum strength mode or the maximum armor mode, cloaking is practically useless in bullettime unless your starting a fighting using it.

One more suggestion: I don't think this is possible in SMOD because I don't think there is a command for it, but possibly making strength mode reduce recoil immensely like it did in Crysis.

And a fun little thing you could do if it wasn't to difficult or you're just bored, you could make a mode where the suit acts like the Crysis 2/3 suit (even though the Crysis 1 suit is the best suit).

Some bugs: Game just likes to crash sometimes. I crashed quite a few times on Underpass however this is SMOD and I really didn't mind, and plus the normal HL2 campaign seems to work just fine, so it might just be a mapadd issue or something.

This bug I can't seem to find the source of: It seems on custom maps if you quicksave, and load the save, it seems the commands used for any weapons are not aliased, like switching weapons or attachments, and spams the console with unknown commands.

I think this is known bug, but for me one of the ammo clips is untextured when combine or boxes drop it, and as said before, Eli's Lab is broken beyond belief on the texture side, and looks like the color correction or something went apeshit.

Other than that, this has been really fun so far. Some times I forget this is SMOD, and that's a good thing. That means this is something really different and original for SMOD, hell even for modding itself. I don't think many people had the idea of "Hey, let's put a fucking nanosuit in Half-Life 2."

MLG

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2014, 11:43:29 AM »
I don't think many people had the idea of "Hey, let's put a fucking nanosuit in Half-Life 2."

I had. Pepsifan ninja'd me.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 08:02:39 PM »
I have a small balancing suggestion: It seems that if you go into maximum speed mode, bullettime firing, reloading, and all of that are much faster, this is ok, except for the fact that if you use a weapon such as a shotgun, you can use it to be largely overpowered.

Example: On the Overpass map, group of combine. Easiest way would most likely to have your average firefight right? No, you go into bullettime with maximum speed, shoot them very quickly because of the maximum speed and bullettime. You can take down entire groups with just the pistol with this method, instead of going into your standard firefight.
I know that, but I have no idea hat to do with it...
If I disable "bullettimesim_strech_rof_timescale" I'll also nerf the other guns and it will also take away usability of "max speed" mode, a lot.

One more suggestion: I don't think this is possible in SMOD because I don't think there is a command for it, but possibly making strength mode reduce recoil immensely like it did in Crysis.
I believe it's impossible, that's why player bullet damage is slightly upped in "max strenght" mode

And a fun little thing you could do if it wasn't to difficult or you're just bored, you could make a mode where the suit acts like the Crysis 2/3 suit (even though the Crysis 1 suit is the best suit).
I don't like Crysis 2/3, so unless I'll find a good reason to implement that, there's no way of me adding that in.

Some bugs: Game just likes to crash sometimes. I crashed quite a few times on Underpass however this is SMOD and I really didn't mind, and plus the normal HL2 campaign seems to work just fine, so it might just be a mapadd issue or something.
1\3 of crashes are caused by mapadds, I need to polish them more, cause now it's just simple copy-paste job + little modifications to make everything work

This bug I can't seem to find the source of: It seems on custom maps if you quicksave, and load the save, it seems the commands used for any weapons are not aliased, like switching weapons or attachments, and spams the console with unknown commands.
This happened to when I was running in "ai_norebuildgraph1" mode, so if you're not running the game in this mode there might be a need to rebuild them all from scratch.

I think this is known bug, but for me one of the ammo clips is untextured when combine or boxes drop it, and as said before, Eli's Lab is broken beyond belief on the texture side, and looks like the color correction or something went apeshit.
Ammo clips are non-textured cause I've been changing some models and deleting old textures in the process,
Simply: I've deleted old weapons textures but I couldn't be arsed to re-do ammo models
I might forgot to include pre-update d1_eli_01 map, or more pre-update maps...

Other than that, this has been really fun so far. Some times I forget this is SMOD, and that's a good thing. That means this is something really different and original for SMOD, hell even for modding itself. I don't think many people had the idea of "Hey, let's put a fucking nanosuit in Half-Life 2."
I'm glad that you're enjoying it :)
Anyway, thanks for feedback, this helps a lot.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Pneumandron

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Pneumandron has no influence.
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 10:36:18 AM »
I remember in version 1.59 there being an option to switch between fire modes (like semi-automatic etc.). Is there such option in 1.7.4? Also is it a bug or a deliberate change because I cannot find secondary trigger which makes using the Gravgun a little bit useless... Thanks in advance. And by the way... This is a great mod, it adds a whole new dimension to HL2. I admire your effort Pepsifan.

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2014, 02:57:05 PM »
I remember in version 1.59 there being an option to switch between fire modes (like semi-automatic etc.). Is there such option in 1.7.4? Also is it a bug or a deliberate change because I cannot find secondary trigger which makes using the Gravgun a little bit useless... Thanks in advance. And by the way... This is a great mod, it adds a whole new dimension to HL2. I admire your effort Pepsifan.
This is very late, but I think the reason it's gone is because the grenade is a "secondary fire", and when you have fire-rate switcher in SMOD it takes up the secondary fire key, irrc.
MLG

Offline Rain, the Weird Cat

• Rain, the Weird Cat has no influence.
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2015, 02:59:07 AM »
Hello good people :D
I'm new here, but I tried to run CryLife on the Standalone 0.65, but I get an error message: "Unable to load manifest file 'scripts/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt'" I don't know what to do from here :(

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2015, 09:28:25 AM »
Hello there :)
1.7.4 was never to designed  to run with the Standalone engine 0.65, it was designed for 0.30 which was different in file structure and some other things, + it's really outdated and shouldn't be played :) but if you really want to run it here's what you have to do:

1. copy surfaceproperties_manifest.txt from SDKBase/scripts folder of standalone and place it inside "scripts" in Crylife2
2. Edit gameinfo.txt of Crylife to match the new updated format of Standalone 0.65 - the solution can be also found in this post: http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1436.msg9327#msg9327
3. remember to at least patch it with 1.7.4 full patch
Have fun and if you're familiar with SMOD and Source consider CBT :)
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2015, 01:57:30 PM »
1.7.4 was never to designed  to run with the Standalone engine 0.65, it was designed for 0.30 which was different in file structure and some other things, + it's really outdated and shouldn't be played :) but if you really want to run it here's what you have to do:

1. copy surfaceproperties_manifest.txt from SDKBase/scripts folder of standalone and place it inside "scripts" in Crylife2
2. Edit gameinfo.txt of Crylife to match the new updated format of Standalone 0.65 - the solution can be also found in this post: http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1436.msg9327#msg9327

0.30 best

still using it and you can't stop me

Offline Rain, the Weird Cat

• Rain, the Weird Cat has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2015, 10:11:18 PM »

I did all of the above. It worked well enough for me to get to the training grounds but button mapping and HUD details are out of the question, and creating a new game took WAY too long, made me think it screwed up or something :( Well, I guess I could try out the CBT right about now XD

Offline Psycholoic

• Psycholoic has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2015, 07:31:36 PM »
I still can't download it via Mega.

Offline huntra94

• huntra94 has no influence.
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2016, 07:02:02 AM »
This is the latest version or Crylife 1, dated on 2014-04-25 (yy.mm.dd).
As this is the latest instalment of Crylife 1, it does not represents the current state of the mod

Visit http://www.moddb.com/mods/smod-crylife for more recent updates and news

Grab it while it's hot! (10GB bandwidth limit - resets after some time though)
https://mega.co.nz/#!fRtW1A6b!2RvpSbxswI4JORkLQ9GcZTWYwZcUSSSCwq4tT-bxlHk
This release runs on SMOD standalone 0.30, and it does not come with it, so download it first if you don't have it.
if you don't know how to install and run it, then you're not worth testing it, srly. THIS IS MOTHERFUCKING BETA, NOT FINAL PUBLIC RELEASE.

PATCH TO FULL 1.7.4
https://mega.co.nz/#!XVNWCaQY!pyDokX0NM_TyaDYZrmkAtt4l852A619qQ6dgW4RG3x4
you may need to backup cfg folder before patching, THIS PATCH REMOVES "hud_fastswitch 1" effect, and I don't like it...
Saves from maps with vehicles may cause crashes or not work properly.

This release is most complete in my opinion,
it contains fully working mapadds for HL2 and all of the maps that are selectable trough menu.
Finished code for weapon modification and unlocks
Finished(yet, not final) HUD for guns selection
Optimized weapon modification code
many more... (see changelog)

TO DO LIST / TEMPORARILY REMOVED FEATURES:
Make sure that gravity gun, scar, rpg unlock automatically on pickup
Make bugbait unlock automatically on pickup
Make shotgun unlock automatically on pickup
?How do I hopwire?
Add HUD for weapon modification
fix some sounds
fix $detail maps
enchance mapadds (smaller amout of found ammo, new events ect.)
Finish "coding in" leap ability (similar to max jump) [alternative for slide ability from crysis 2?]
Make new textures for NHEV or make new NHEV
make use of "unused" fvox messages
Redo all of fvox messages in a different styles (GLaDOS ,female, male, robotic ect.)
Make kickass intro for mod
make training map

BUGS in 1.7.4
Jumping forces player to leave crouch position
Crosshairs on 3D scopes are slightly off-center
on some maps you can observe doubling of attachment menu commands (sometimes causes small lag spikes)
running out of power while in cloak mode, causes power to regenerate regardless player left cloak mode or not.
(this is actually my "safety device" for the purpose of testing, but it can be easily exploited)

Post your suggestions/ideas/found bugs/thoughts here, I'd like to hear what you like and what not.

EDIT1/2:
This release contains my "config.cfg", my cause crashes
- make sure to rebind your keys or remove "config.cfg" from cfg folder
it took me 5 HOURS upload this file because of my ISP "features"

wanted to let you know that when I launch the mod it tells me that "scripts/surfaceproperties_manifest.txt" isn't able to load and looking in the scripts I'm not finding that file there