Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Crylife 2 OLD CBT  (Read 21674 times)

Offline huntra94

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • huntra94 has no influence.
Re: Crylife 2 CBT
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 01:41:30 AM »
did I install the mod wrong?
Is it all in the right folder? You want the Crylife2 folder in your "...\sourcemods\Smod Standalone\mods" folder

Also does your gameinfo.txt look like this?
Code: [Select]
"GameInfo"
{
game "Crylife 2.0"
title "CRYlife"
title2 "cbt"
developer   "Pepsifan04,The SMOD Author, help and moral support from Dev.muffin and BSnooch"
website "http://devmuffin.tumblr.com/"
"icon" "icon"

nodifficulty 0
nocrosshair 0
nohimodel 0
nomodels 0

FileSystem
{
SteamAppId 220 // This will mount all the GCFs we need (240=CS:S, 220=HL2).
ToolsAppId 211 // Tools will load this (ie: source SDK caches) to get things like materials\debug, materials\editor, etc.

SearchPaths
{
GameBin |gameinfo_path|addons/metamod/bin
Game |gameinfo_path|.
Game hl2
game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\SDKBase"
game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\CSSBase"
Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\..\..\common\Half-Life 2\hl2"
Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\..\..\common\Half-Life 2 Deathmatch\hl2mp"
Game "|gameinfo_path|..\..\..\..\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike"
}
}
}

If not copy paste that and see if it works

it was in there before I first started up the standalone

Offline raymond1995

• raymond1995 has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 05:37:40 AM »
Alrighty, I found a good few thing that could either be fixed or implemented, I hope it helps.
. I'm forced to stand up after deactivating cloak while crouching, or activating cloak while crouching.

. Fall damage should be reduced when super jumping.

. Max strength doesn't have any aiming bonuses these are a few ideas of how to implement it.
   ,reduced weapon sway when hip firing
   ,faster  hip firing sway recovery (centers the aim faster)
   ,less recoil
   ,less bullet spread
   ,less of a bullet spread rate
   ,or a faster fire rate for semi-automatic weapons like the small caliber handgun, or anti-material rifle

. While shooting and strafing, the camera gets tilted and can only be reset by shooting again.

. I personally would prefer the 12 rounded small caliber hand gun to be semi automatic when it's not dual wielded.

. Could you bring back the quick swap key that was present in HλLF-LIFE 2 and Smod, the one where you could switch between the previous weapon held and the current often in the place of the tab key (It doesn't have to be bound to any key I'd just like it to be available)?

. You're able to reload after fully emptying a magazine, and swap between weapons while in the weapon attachment menu, with some of them it looks really odd.

. I think the maximum armor mode need a buff, something like a higher armor capacity or faster healing property compared to without .

. Make sure the RPG will have laser targeting implemented, otherwise the gunship engagements will turn into a major pain in the ass to deal with, especially with the health system being the way it is currently.

. While sprinting and going into cloak simultaneously the weapon you hold or swap to will remain facing down (or in the hand guns cases facing up) and the only way to reset it is to sprint again.

. While sprinting, you can crouch and go into a quick crawl which in my opinion would be awesome to keep. Could you please implement this or at least keep it in, I'd very much enjoy to play around with this in the final product.

. I think it be very useful to add the option to bind keys for the different armor modes directly to the key board.
As you can see, my avatar is a red jungle fowl.

Offline raymond1995

• raymond1995 has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 09:12:46 AM »
I found another few things.

The bullet fly by noise is also caused by the shots that the player makes himself, so every time the player shoots their own guns they'll will hear that.

The super jumping through double typing space bar doesn't seem very reliable, I can't get it to work when I want it to, I often end up wrestling with the wall instead as I'm also in able to super jump when as close as possible to the wall or standing still.

There was a glitch I found that when I swap to a weapon I don't have on the mission maps It puts the weapon I was already holding in an odd position.

When I tried using the quick punch key in a mission map without maximum strength. I end up being forced to fire a bust from my gun instead and then swap to another weapon.

With some of the weapons, the scope type attachments (assault scope, and sniper scope) are sometimes out of alignment, the weapon that suffers the mast from this is the F2000. The shots and reticle still shoot and point where they need to but the players sight through the scopes with those weapons are higher than it should be.

The laser sight with the small caliber hand gun in single wielded mode is way of sights when aiming down sights. The issue is most prominent when aiming at far distance.
As you can see, my avatar is a red jungle fowl.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 04:22:57 PM »
Big thanks for feedback and suggestions raymond1995
I'll try to implement some of your ideas cause they are good

As for now CBT has ended.
Thanks everyone for participating !
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2014, 04:25:29 PM »
Big thanks for feedback and suggestions raymond1995
I'll try to implement some of your ideas cause they are good

As for now CBT has ended.
Thanks everyone for participating !

if you haven't replaced some of the models, i'll tell you something - flip the green channel of the normal maps on some things for the viewmodel, ESPECIALLY the hands. will make phong look much nicer

sorry for telling this SO late, i just came to realize that. if you haven't replaced any models i can help with that, got lots of spare time on my hands

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
I did not replace the models, so if you want, you can do that; I'll also give it a shot.
Thanks for that, I'm always having problems with textures ;)
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2014, 06:37:09 PM »
I did not replace the models, so if you want, you can do that; I'll also give it a shot.
Thanks for that, I'm always having problems with textures ;)

yeah i can help you out with that. used to make lots of shaders for css so i have my fair share of experience ;)

Offline Pepsifan04

Re: Crylife 2 OLD CBT
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2015, 09:41:15 PM »
-bump-
Go read the first post again...
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 10:26:37 PM »
MEGA link is broken.
MLG

Offline Issei-Hyoudou

• Issei-Hyoudou has no influence.
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 10:37:41 PM »
The Link Is Broken

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 10:50:35 PM »
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Monkatraz

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2015, 06:59:21 AM »
Seems like the metropolice with the awesome armor actually make them too difficult to kill. I can easily kill them, because I consider myself fairly decent with headshotting, but for a player who isn't as experienced this seems a little too difficult. They're harder to kill then the main combine soldiers, hilarious enough.
(if this is changed in a difficulty setting, let me know, because I forgot to test that.)

The kick animation could be a little better.

The pistol when akimboed doesn't have another muzzleflash for the other pistol. (may already know this)

The current bullettime style is a little too easy.

Possibly use energybullet to add some bullet physics? Irrc someone did it in tactical. Is unnecessary, but it would be a nice touch.

Not sure if this would possible under the current system, but making strength mode use some more custom weapons to reduce spread, recoil, etc might work. You probably don't have enough space to do this. Would increase loading times as well. EDIT: Found out you are using all 30 slots.

Making weapons a little more necessary and polarized (I guess thats a word for it). What I mean by this is that the P90 should have a good bit of difference to the MP7 to make it a meaningful choice on which one to use, instead of personal preference. I have feeling if you are gonna have them there, may as well make them useful. I tried a concept like this with my model hacking thing. The SMG3 (that tmp thing) has an insanely high rate of fire, high mag size, low damage, and is inaccurate. The GL SMG (the famas thing) was pretty much the opposite with a grenade launcher. This made a meaningful choice in combat in which one to use.

If you're going to do the above, made draw times much faster for each weapon.

I would replace the elite model with something else. I dunno, I just hate it. Personal opinion.

EDIT: Have an idea to fix scope placement. You could also make the reference a bodygroup, and have another one which is enabled with the scopes that lowers the origin a little bit. Might not work, might be too much effort.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:01:40 AM by Monkatraz »
MLG

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2015, 07:05:25 AM »
yes the armored police are friggin tough mang.

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2015, 08:41:54 AM »
Seems like the metropolice with the awesome armor actually make them too difficult to kill. I can easily kill them, because I consider myself fairly decent with headshotting, but for a player who isn't as experienced this seems a little too difficult. They're harder to kill then the main combine soldiers, hilarious enough.
(if this is changed in a difficulty setting, let me know, because I forgot to test that.)

The kick animation could be a little better.

The pistol when akimboed doesn't have another muzzleflash for the other pistol. (may already know this)

The current bullettime style is a little too easy.

Possibly use energybullet to add some bullet physics? Irrc someone did it in tactical. Is unnecessary, but it would be a nice touch.

Not sure if this would possible under the current system, but making strength mode use some more custom weapons to reduce spread, recoil, etc might work. You probably don't have enough space to do this. Would increase loading times as well. EDIT: Found out you are using all 30 slots.

Making weapons a little more necessary and polarized (I guess thats a word for it). What I mean by this is that the P90 should have a good bit of difference to the MP7 to make it a meaningful choice on which one to use, instead of personal preference. I have feeling if you are gonna have them there, may as well make them useful. I tried a concept like this with my model hacking thing. The SMG3 (that tmp thing) has an insanely high rate of fire, high mag size, low damage, and is inaccurate. The GL SMG (the famas thing) was pretty much the opposite with a grenade launcher. This made a meaningful choice in combat in which one to use.

If you're going to do the above, made draw times much faster for each weapon.

I would replace the elite model with something else. I dunno, I just hate it. Personal opinion.

EDIT: Have an idea to fix scope placement. You could also make the reference a bodygroup, and have another one which is enabled with the scopes that lowers the origin a little bit. Might not work, might be too much effort.

90% of that has been fixed in the latest version. -
Rate of Armored metropolice spawn should increase with diff level, but it's always 100%
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Monkatraz

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2015, 08:46:42 AM »
90% of that has been fixed in the latest version. -
Rate of Armored metropolice spawn should increase with diff level, but it's always 100%

Alright, thanks for letting me know. Having fun with it so far
MLG