Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Redux - FINAL  (Read 46251 times)

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
Re: SMOD Redux - FINAL
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 09:12:45 PM »
Oh dear, did you make the part in Dark Energy with the elevator of sneak? Honestly, adding a dodge part with little spaces makes the game as frustrating as possible, I can't open the console, I don't know coding so I'm pretty much f*cked at this state. Living in Germany is shit when trying to play games, atleast an open console button would be nice, then I can finally finish this!

The easiest way is to find the offending mapadd script and remove the line that touches on this. Be sure to make a backup!
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 06:08:01 AM »
And now for something completely different:

If anyone wants ironsights for the Shredder, here you go:

IronSight
   {
      "right"      "-9.6"
      "up"      "3.6"
      "forward"   "-7"
      "fov"      "-5"
   }

It might not be necessary, but I prefer to have ironsights mode on all weapons as I don't ever use the standard crosshair.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline K4T

• +0% chance to make useful post
  • K4T is looked down upon.K4T is looked down upon.K4T is looked down upon.
    • Fazbear Gaming [ESPAÑOL]
Problem with SMOD
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 06:26:43 PM »
So i knew this mod from a long time ago, and now i download the Redux Final with the Standalone

Results that my SMOD is all a white square. I can hear background music but i'm forced to end the hl2.exe process because i can't close it with Quit.

Any ideas?

Half-Life 2 is installed and runs fine. So does Source Base 2006. Old SMOD versions (Not Standalone) worked really fine in this PC.

Code: [Select]
Specs:

Intel Pentium 2,15GHz Processor Dual-Core

NVIDIA GeForce 210 Graphics Card

Windows 7 Professional Operative System

DirectX 11

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 06:28:25 PM by K4T »
Never bring a bat to a battlefield! War is not a game!

Offline K4T

• +0% chance to make useful post
  • K4T is looked down upon.K4T is looked down upon.K4T is looked down upon.
    • Fazbear Gaming [ESPAÑOL]
Re: Problem with SMOD
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 07:24:25 PM »
So i knew this mod from a long time ago, and now i download the Redux Final with the Standalone

Results that my SMOD is all a white square. I can hear background music but i'm forced to end the hl2.exe process because i can't close it with Quit.

Any ideas?

Half-Life 2 is installed and runs fine. So does Source Base 2006. Old SMOD versions (Not Standalone) worked really fine in this PC.

Specs:

Intel Pentium 2,15GHz Processor Dual-Core

NVIDIA GeForce 210 Graphics Card

Windows 7 Professional Operative System

DirectX 11

Seems that i fixed it...

1) Verify Source Base 2006's Cache
2) Once it's done, let it download
3) After that uninstall the old Standalone SMOD
4) Install it again
5) Everything should work as desired
Never bring a bat to a battlefield! War is not a game!

Offline Unit24

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Unit24 has no influence.
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 01:25:10 AM »
I just started this up, and already it's bugging out pretty hard. I couldn't finish Point Insertion because Alyx wouldn't get into the elevator (a friend played this part and said he fixed it by killing himself and reloading a save), and when I first get the SMG in Route Kanal from the Metrocops behind the turret, the model doesn't appear and I can't switch my weapons. Someone told me that trying to fire it at this point causes the game to crash. I managed to fix this by using the turret, but it didn't matter because the game crashed when I ran from the APC.

It's a real shame, because I love the new features that were added, and I really want to be able to play this properly.

Offline twice

• twice has no influence.
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2015, 12:01:57 PM »
i had no alyx also had to copy hl2 scenes folder from vpk into mod directory

Offline SabbyNeko

• SabbyNeko has no influence.
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 12:42:28 AM »
I installed everything the way the instructions said to and played through the first part with no problems. It crashed twice, but nothing serious. Now I'm just getting disconnected constantly with "ProcessUsercmds: Incorrect reading frame?"

I have Half Life 2, Source Base 2006 and 2007 installed.

Offline SabbyNeko

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 01:08:49 PM »
Strange, I just verified the Source 2006 cache and 1.6GBs of stuff was missing :/ It's downloading now, so I'll tell ya if it fixes it, but not sure why it would download incomplete like that.

Offline SabbyNeko

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 02:06:01 PM »
Reinstalled Source Bases and SMOD, same problem. What the hell?

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 02:50:23 PM »
Reinstalled Source Bases and SMOD, same problem. What the hell?

Try to start them once.

Offline SabbyNeko

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 03:06:29 PM »
Just tried that, no help. I keep seeing routers mentioned as the cause, so I turned off my Firewall, my AVG, turned Steam offline and unplugged my router, and that didn't help either.

Edit: Hmmm, I reinstalled SMOD after running all the Source stuff once, and it seems to be working now... I've played maybe 20 minutes. I'll let ya know if the advice you gave fixed it :)

Edit: Nope, died anyway. I'm at a loss. Unless you guys can figure out whats wrong, this is completely unplayable for me :/

Edit: Strange, SMOD Standalone without the Redux Final mod works flawlessly.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:55:08 PM by SabbyNeko »

Offline SabbyNeko

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2015, 04:33:14 AM »
Ecstatic Update!: Half Life 2 and Source Single Player 2013 just updated on Steam and now the mod works. Fantastic mod, by the way. Thanks for all the hard work and to those who tried to help me out :)

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2015, 06:28:16 AM »
Ecstatic Update!: Half Life 2 and Source Single Player 2013 just updated on Steam and now the mod works. Fantastic mod, by the way. Thanks for all the hard work and to those who tried to help me out :)
An update by VALVe that FIXED something? Well, that's new. Good to hear that.

Offline SabbyNeko

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2015, 05:08:45 PM »
It crashes a lot though :/ Any way to fix it?

Edit: It was fixed with -dxlevel 80 in launch options.

I have a question, is there any way to speed up the bullet time? It's too slow for me. Also, can I make the dynamic crosshair move more?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:18:51 PM by SabbyNeko »

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
Redux - FINAL Patch 1.1
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 08:29:08 PM »
Finally found the time to release a patch for a few issues. Because a "final" release isn't final when I have something to do with it. :P

Not much here, just a few fixes and I added a few things that didn't quite make it into the initial release due to time limits.

Might break save games if you're still playing through the HL2 campaign due to the nodegraph changes.

CHANGES:

MAPS
-Rebuilt all HL2 campaign nodegraphs, hopefully fixing any erratic AI actions and the Alyx plotstopper bug in trainstation_04.
-Fixed a precache error on canals_05
-Fixed a precache error on canals_10

GRAPHICS/MODELS
-Updated Eli's face texture.
-Added new face texture to Barney.
-Fixed a few animation transition errors with the shotgun and SMG1.
-Added grip hand to the gravity gun.
-Replaced w_357 model.
-Added basic normals/envmaps to M60.

SOUNDS
-Added extended music to HL2_intro.

OTHER
-Reenabled automatic nodegraph rebuilding.
-Updated credits.

DOWNLOADS:

MEGA
Dropbox
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:31:16 PM by Onemanshow »