Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

* CLIENTS SECTION RULES

This section is for CLIENTS (Full SMOD Releases) ONLY.
You may create a new topic in this area to release your SMOD Mod. If you post anything off-topic here you will be temp-banned. This is so you don't hassle the moderators too much, they are volunteers.

If you need help with a mod, post a reply in its thread. Do not start a new topic for help here!

Please use good taste when releasing your mod. Adding 30 custom weapons from the release archive into SMOD Redux and then releasing as your own mod will be frowned upon.  :(

Author Topic: SMOD Redux - FINAL  (Read 46250 times)

Offline StuG

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • StuG has no influence.
Re: SMOD Redux - FINAL
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2016, 04:44:14 AM »
i tired a lot of numbers usually sticking to 1.5 max and lower, i tried 0.5 too which should be very noticable, but it still didnt change, and all i did was change the numbers in the stock custom weapon file with mp40 in it, i didnt add or rename anything.  or do you mean to rename the custom_weapon file to weapon_mp40?

so ur telling me it works fine for you if u change its firerate?? i always knew how bad my luck is but .. really?

Offline kh0rn3

• kh0rn3 has no influence.
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2016, 10:19:22 PM »
Onemanshow - all I have to say is wow.  This is incredible.  I love all of the new weapons and the game-play scenarios (i.e., mapadds and maps).  Any way you could make more game-play scenarios and add them as a patch?   :o

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2016, 12:42:13 AM »
Onemanshow - all I have to say is wow.  This is incredible.  I love all of the new weapons and the game-play scenarios (i.e., mapadds and maps).  Any way you could make more game-play scenarios and add them as a patch?   :o

Oh wow man its been a while. Glad you like it.  :)

I considered more gamemodes, but the HL2 Survivor maps aren't fit for much else than deathmatch-style gameplay. I didn't want to use any other maps as part of my goal with the final release was to get the mod off of non-Valve and non-original content. That, and I suck at LUA coding anything more complex. So yeah you probably won't see any new gamemodes.

Offline Lightassassin1

• Lightassassin1 has no influence.
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2016, 07:14:14 PM »
I dont know if anyone else is having this problem but i think i installed this wrong, but whenever i launch the mod through smod standalone it closes out with no error message.

Offline kedainasi

• kedainasi has no influence.
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2016, 04:53:55 PM »
kinda disappointed.

bough hl2 from steam.

installed sdk 2006 and all the stuff including css and updated to latest update

ran both program (hl2 & sdk 2006) before installing standalone.

cut and paste dlls to make it work

crashed at start. every smod crashes. except for original hl2 game
i'm on windows 8.1 and there's nothing I can do

disappointed

Offline Astraxis

• Astraxis has no influence.
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2016, 03:42:39 AM »
kinda disappointed.

bough hl2 from steam.

installed sdk 2006 and all the stuff including css and updated to latest update

ran both program (hl2 & sdk 2006) before installing standalone.

cut and paste dlls to make it work

crashed at start. every smod crashes. except for original hl2 game
i'm on windows 8.1 and there's nothing I can do

disappointed

It's a mod several years old and developed before SteamPipe, what did you expect. Enjoy Half-Life 2, it's a good game; otherwise, play it in GMOD so you can customize your experience as you like.

Offline No1Gamer

• No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2016, 10:43:51 AM »
well, i play on win 10 and have no problem whatsoever ... just saying it has nothing to do with how old the mod is.

Offline kedainasi

• kedainasi has no influence.
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2016, 03:36:10 PM »
well, i play on win 10 and have no problem whatsoever ... just saying it has nothing to do with how old the mod is.

How did you do it? Is there some kind of trick I should know or did you magically make it happen on Windows 10?

Offline No1Gamer

• No1Gamer has no influence.
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2016, 11:33:03 AM »
well i had win 7 before and did an auto upgrade to win 10.

it worked on win 7 and after the upgrade it still does. for the installation on win 7 i just did what the tutorial told me so ...

Offline kittax

• kittax has no influence.
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2016, 03:27:55 AM »

How did you do it? Is there some kind of trick I should know or did you magically make it happen on Windows 10?

Not sure if y'all are even alive anymore but I managed to install redux and play through the entirety of hl2 campaign with only a few crashes.

What you need to do is have all the games on your main disk (hl2, lost coast, css, whatever) and sdk2006. You should get no .dll errors or any texture errors.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2016, 09:20:01 PM »
It has been 2 years to the day since I released this. Figured now is a good time to release an update.

This is an important one as it fixes a dumb oversight from the last patch, and fixes a possible issue where people with non-widescreen resolutions could not start the game.

CHANGES
Code: [Select]
GAMEPLAY/SCRIPTS/NPCs
-Restored Battle map timer to 7 minutes.
-Fixed Redux weapon console names not working.
-Fixed vending machines in Battle maps not working and a few other errors.
-Added a very small spin-up delay to the Minigun.
-Lowered maximum recoil on the Golden Colts.
-Updated weapon category limit to include the Chargebow.

MAPS
-Lowered maximum enemy count in Battle maps.
-Unleashed the Kraken at d3_breen_01.

GRAPHICS/MODELS
-Tweaked Minigun firing animations.
-Adjusted Minigun screen position.
-Updated Gordon Freeman player model and texture.

SOUNDS
-Added Minigun spin-up sound.
-Updated O.I.C.W reload sound.

OTHER
-Fixed a major crash issue for players using non-widescreen resolutions.

Also, a special version of the mod has been released:

SMOD REDUX FINAL - 1.3 STEAMMOD

This version of SMOD Redux - FINAL has been converted to work as a typical HL2 Steam mod. It is intended for people who cannot get SMOD Standalone to run or do not wish to use SMOD Standalone. You do not need a prior install of SMOD for this version.

The only difference between this and the Standalone version is that all LUA-based code has been removed from the maps. This is because updates with Valve's SteamPipe system for Half-Life 2 and other games have effectively broken SMOD's LUA code for unknown reasons. Due to this, the Steam version does not include the Battle maps ported from Half-Life 2: Survivor, as there was no satisfying way of mimicking the AI spawning and general behavior in regular mapadd code. Some minor bits of LUA from the HL2 campaign were also removed due to this issue, but these by and large did not affect gameplay. You'll still miss a few changes and the special date events though.

Also, this is NOT compatible with SMOD Standalone and you will have issues if you use this version of the mod alongside it. Download the SMOD Standalone version of Redux for that instead.

DOWNLOAD SMOD REDUX - FINAL 1.3 STEAMMOD

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2016, 11:37:36 AM »
-snip-
Thanks for still releasing content, OMS.

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2016, 03:32:08 PM »
It's great that you're still updating/making stuff for SMOD.

Now if only you still had your unreleased Addons (BMS Tau Gun, Spore Launcher, forgot what the rest were).
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 03:41:59 PM by minmi96 »

Offline TheZec

• TheZec has no influence.
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2017, 06:53:54 PM »
Onemanshow mentions that "Some minor bits of LUA from the HL2 campaign were also removed due to this issue, but these by and large did not affect gameplay." Is this the same for the legacy versions of Redux from V5-V8? That is, if V6 was run with Steam instead of SMOD Standalone, certain things would not trigger or function, minor as they are?

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2017, 10:46:28 PM »
Onemanshow mentions that "Some minor bits of LUA from the HL2 campaign were also removed due to this issue, but these by and large did not affect gameplay." Is this the same for the legacy versions of Redux from V5-V8? That is, if V6 was run with Steam instead of SMOD Standalone, certain things would not trigger or function, minor as they are?

I can't confirm but I doubt LUA works on legacy versions either. One of the post-Steampipe updates done for Half-Life 2/Source SDK 2006 broke whatever method SMOD 40a uses to find and load LUA files. Unless older versions of SMOD uses different methods of loading LUA, legacy versions have the same problem.

As far as I know, these are the events/changes SMOD 40a made to the HL2 maps through LUA (some of these don't apply to Redux):

-d1_trainstation_01: Skybox change
-d1_trainstation_05: Special map events if computer date is set to 12/25 or 01/01
-d1_eli_02: Skybox change
-d1_town_01: Skybox change
-d1_town_01a: Skybox change
-d1_town_05: Skybox change, fog change
-d2_coast_01: Skybox and fog changes, citizen controlled turrets on dock do more damage
-d2_coast_12: Raised tutorial antlion health (SMOD 40a disabled the antlion spawners during the prison attack), special event stuff if computer date is 07/26
-d2_prison_07: Skybox change, some stuff about combine weapon entities?
-d2_prison_08: Skybox change