Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Valve Beta Content Drama  (Read 5642 times)

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
Valve Beta Content Drama
« on: June 22, 2016, 11:14:06 PM »
Recently, a bunch of content from beta versions of L4D and Portal were released, along with content from L4D Zero because VNN decided it would be a good idea to trade Portal Beta content to someone who had L4D Beta content. However, the guy who had the L4D Beta content leaked the archive containing the content onto Facepunch, without any permission from the original creators or Valve themselves.

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1523850

Because of this happening, it is rumored that Valve will no longer allow the L4D Zero or Portal Project-Beta mods to be released and they will no longer share beta content with the community.

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1507632&p=50562879&viewfull=1#post50562879

FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline Theuaredead`

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Theuaredead` has no influence.
Re: Valve Beta Content Drama
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:33:55 AM »
Portal stuff was released, L4D stuff is still locked up. VNN got a Portal Project-Beta build from the developers as the developers hoped they could get some publicity and inform the masses about the build. But VNN is a greedy dickbag and wants dat gud YouTube dosh, so basically, an Ex-L4D Zero developer leaked files to Jackanthan, and from what I can tell, Jack traded the assets with VNN so he could get the Portal Beta content. The files given to VNN were both Valve final files and stuff my team worked hard on restoring. Then Jackanthan must of given the Portal stuff to someone else to which lead to its leak. VNN caught wind of this and basically said the community deserved it and that he has plans on releasing the rest of the files (Various non-rare leaks and the L4D assets not meant to be with any of these clowns.) He finds the leak good for the community as it prevents "hoarders" from keeping the assets, to which I had already made a comment on how that's bullshit, twice now. My name kept being thrown around by various people from the Shaft team (Magic Nipples, Zaxon, Jackanthan-ish) as being one of those hoarders, which is funny because I had released pre-release content that I got from Valve beforehand. So the thread rolls around and we basically call out VNN in the HL/Portal Discussion thread, VNN once again states that what he's doing is for the "good" of the community. Despite the fact the little fucker basically potentially ruined the team's ties to Valve, meaning that more content won't be sent (Project-Beta team were about to receive a boat load more of pre-release Portal assets, but that seems it won't happen now.) During that thread Magic Nipples basically tries to say our efforts to restore and bring the world these assets were worthless and that we shouldn't have it and such. If you really want to get the full story of this, check out the HL/Portal Discussion thread starting at Soloman's post about Pelpix.

TL;DR, We still can use these assets, but it's likely Valve won't send more any longer because of VNN. Valve for once opened up to us and thanks to the ego-maniacs they have to cut those cords.

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 03:41:11 AM »
I completely and entirely forgot you post here from time to time.

I'll vouch for him. He's been with the beta community for a long time.

Offline Bitl

• Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 05:15:49 AM »
The really sad thing is that I have a high school friend named Tyler who is a good friend to me, and if he ever gets into the beta community (which I doubt he will) he might be abused by everyone since they might think he is VNN, for which he is not.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 08:36:26 AM »
Wow, that fucking blows. So Valve gave VNN the old build and then he just leaked it?

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 09:55:17 AM »
so it's pretty much proven that valve news network is the ultimate communist who believes that everyone should have everything and nobody is entitled to anything either

people like this have no place in the modding community whatsoever

Offline minmi96

• minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »
Welp, there goes my Trust and Support for VNN.

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.

Offline Bitl

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 02:59:19 PM »
Wow, that fucking blows. So Valve gave VNN the old build and then he just leaked it?

Portal stuff was released, L4D stuff is still locked up. VNN got a Portal Project-Beta build from the developers as the developers hoped they could get some publicity and inform the masses about the build. But VNN is a greedy dickbag and wants dat gud YouTube dosh, so basically, an Ex-L4D Zero developer leaked files to Jackanthan, and from what I can tell, Jack traded the assets with VNN so he could get the Portal Beta content. The files given to VNN were both Valve final files and stuff my team worked hard on restoring. Then Jackanthan must of given the Portal stuff to someone else to which lead to its leak. VNN caught wind of this and basically said the community deserved it and that he has plans on releasing the rest of the files (Various non-rare leaks and the L4D assets not meant to be with any of these clowns.) He finds the leak good for the community as it prevents "hoarders" from keeping the assets, to which I had already made a comment on how that's bullshit, twice now. My name kept being thrown around by various people from the Shaft team (Magic Nipples, Zaxon, Jackanthan-ish) as being one of those hoarders, which is funny because I had released pre-release content that I got from Valve beforehand. So the thread rolls around and we basically call out VNN in the HL/Portal Discussion thread, VNN once again states that what he's doing is for the "good" of the community. Despite the fact the little fucker basically potentially ruined the team's ties to Valve, meaning that more content won't be sent (Project-Beta team were about to receive a boat load more of pre-release Portal assets, but that seems it won't happen now.) During that thread Magic Nipples basically tries to say our efforts to restore and bring the world these assets were worthless and that we shouldn't have it and such. If you really want to get the full story of this, check out the HL/Portal Discussion thread starting at Soloman's post about Pelpix.

TL;DR, We still can use these assets, but it's likely Valve won't send more any longer because of VNN. Valve for once opened up to us and thanks to the ego-maniacs they have to cut those cords.

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

Offline FreeKill

• FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 03:26:52 PM »
I guess at this point we need to condemn VNN since he was a big name in the chain of people that leaked it. I'd ask if someone could find the leak, but I guess that would be warez.

Offline FreeKill

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 03:39:44 PM »
Double post.

At this point, we need to make sure he is held accountable for his actions. Since he was arguably responsible for what happened, best thing would be to gather up evidence of what happened and hold him accountable for his actions. If he has any journalistic integrity, he would have admitted fault immediately. After all, isn't he trying to use VNN as a way to get a journalism degree?

Offline Theuaredead`

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 04:48:46 PM »
Double post.

At this point, we need to make sure he is held accountable for his actions. Since he was arguably responsible for what happened, best thing would be to gather up evidence of what happened and hold him accountable for his actions. If he has any journalistic integrity, he would have admitted fault immediately. After all, isn't he trying to use VNN as a way to get a journalism degree?

VNN has literally no journalistic integrity, he steals info off of wikis, even if false. (I know this because he read info I wrote onto a Wiki, and if memory serves it was word for word)

and I just found out he stole a SFM poster I made for a video thumbnail. like holy shit dude..

Offline Theuaredead`

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 05:01:09 PM »
No Valve gave various users files and trusted them to restore it to the public.
Trippy/Zaxon gave Jack files that we (L4D Zero) got from Valve along with various things we restored to get working in-game again. Jack traded those files to VNN for the Portal stuff (which was sent to the Project-Beta team by Valve and ex-Valve employees), and Jack sent it to Trippy/Zaxon. Trippy/Zaxon sent it to the leaker, and that's how it got leaked.

I just today found out who the middle man was. VNN and Shaft ruined Valve relations with the community.

(before you ask, I know most of the Shaft team supports their actions, as the current leader was defending VNN's actions on Facepunch.)

The sad part, Shaft annoyed/pandered their way onto the Project-Beta team, so it's likely that another leak could happen, especially if they find a back door to get the source files. Either a leak, or they'll just steal the project's assets and make their own.

Offline FreeKill

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 05:20:45 PM »
Trippy/Zaxon

Holy shit, all the old beta drama just rushed into my mind at full speed.

Offline Theuaredead`

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 05:21:48 PM »
Trippy/Zaxon

Holy shit, all the old beta drama just rushed into my mind at full speed.

Zaxon changed for like, a few years, but decided to come back doing shit that's only gonna fuck him over.
Maybe people don't change, but now he's in a team of people with the same idea, which is to fuck the community over for their own gain and fame.

Offline Bitl

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 12:20:26 PM »
I guess at this point we need to condemn VNN since he was a big name in the chain of people that leaked it. I'd ask if someone could find the leak, but I guess that would be warez.
The leak for the Portal stuff can be found by just searching on YouTube with the term "Portal Beta Download".  There is a video on YouTube that has downloads for the leak,  but I don't know if I am able to post it here.

It is still very easy to find the leak, about as easy as trying to find the HL2 Beta or Team GabeN's build of TF2 Alpha.

(yes I have the content)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:22:11 PM by Bitl »

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog