Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Smod outbreak bullet penetration  (Read 2269 times)

Offline The Carrousel

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • The Carrousel has no influence.
Smod outbreak bullet penetration
« on: November 25, 2012, 05:23:09 PM »
Hello.
I've been playing SMOD Outbreak for a while and i noticed that the bullet penetration is pretty weak. I edited it, but it just does not seem to work. Here's what i did:
I went to the scripts folder, then, for example, i opened "weapon_custom1", then i scrolled down until i saw "Bullet". Under "Bullet" there was "penetrate" and next to "penetrate" there was "3". I changed "3" to "6", but when i went in the game there was absolutely no change in the bullet penetration. I did the same process with all the other weapons, but it did not work. However, i did notice that NPC's bullets can pierce materials my bullets can't. I checked and the CVAR smod_penetrate_bullet was set to "1".
Please help and thanks in advance.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Smod outbreak bullet penetration
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 05:53:36 PM »
It also depends on the Bullet type how much they penetrate. just try "10" to test it.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 06:47:24 PM »
you probably want to look at the other .cfg files, Vet may have stuck the cvar in one of them and it is getting exec'd every map load or something.

Offline The Carrousel

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • The Carrousel has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 07:03:28 PM »
Yeah, i checked all of the .cfg files and i changed some of the console commands, but other than that the CVAR is set to "1". I also changed the penetration of weapon_custom7 (the sg 552) to "10", but the bullet was not even able to penetrate a headcrab.

Offline Fidchell

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Fidchell has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 08:09:21 PM »
Like Counter-Life said, try checking the bullet type. I have a gun that doesn't penetrate at all, so that may be your problem - another bullet type assigned to that gun might be unable to penetrate as well.

Offline veteran_gamer

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • veteran_gamer barely matters.veteran_gamer barely matters.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 06:55:13 AM »
apologies for the very late reply

each weapon was assigned a bullet type if i remember correctly, so the deagle could penetrate walls and extra thick glass like the kind found in nova prospekt, this can be altered in the weapon scripts under

"bullet" {
         "ammotype" "ak47"
         "damage" "41"
         "shotcount" "1"
         "tracer" "0"
         "force" "10"
         "penetrate" "5"
      }

so in the deagles case penetrate was set to 5, you can switch it to whatever you like