Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?
collapse

Author Topic: (For some odd reason) I'm remaking SMOD stuff for Source SDK (2007) HL2!  (Read 21301 times)

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: (For some odd reason) I'm remaking SMOD stuff for Source SDK (2007) HL2!
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2012, 04:51:30 PM »
looks serious, you want a board on the forum here?

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2013, 07:38:11 PM »
looks serious, you want a board on the forum here?

Not yet.

:/ I finally got around to make basic bullet penetration.

EDIT: And said bullet penetration made the combine sniper npc... Made it overpowered ;~;, now things are more scary.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:33:51 PM by sirmasters »
._. I love coffee.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2013, 04:29:02 AM »
Been keeping an eye on this project. I've wanted to see a mod inspired by SMOD built on the Source SDK 2007 engine, but doubted it would happen. I am very glad to be proved wrong. :)

If you're taking suggestions/requests, I have a few:

-Bullsquid and Houndeye NPC's

I know they've been already suggested, but I am putting in my own request because they already have partly working code in the HL2/Episodic SDK. I managed to apply rather sloppy fixes to both back when I dabbled in the source code, so I doubt it would be too much trouble.

-Human Error's AGrunt and AController NPC's

Some time ago, the HL2 mod Human Error released the source code both to the full mod and to their own remakes of the classic Alien Grunt and Alien Controller HL1 NPC's. They're not Black Mesa-quality, but they work well enough.

-Full compatibility with HL2, EP1, EP2 campaigns

Making this request because I would really like to have all 3 playable in the same mod. I know there's some conflicts and code changes in each that would have to be addressed though. Back when I messed around in the HL2 SDK, the issues that stood out were the HL2 mounted turret code differing from the Episode 2 code, animation conflicts and issues with the scene files, and some of the Vortigaunt sounds being replaced by EP2 sounds.

-HL2:DM Stunstick and S.L.A.M.

Speaks for itself really. Although i really would like to see any Stunstick's that get dropped after picking one up to add to the HEV battery as per stock HL2. 

-Expanded Weapon Customization

SMOD allowed a significant level of weapon customization, but had some curious limitations to it. Namely, a rather basic secondary fire for custom weapons and limited options for stock HL2/SMOD weapons. The main options I had wanted for SMOD:

*Allowing Secondary Fire to fire bullets aside from the primary, to allow features like an underbarrel shotgun, mimicking the HL2 shotgun's double-blast, etc.
*Attaching/Detaching Silencers. Along with corresponding Damage and Accuracy multipliers.
*Rate-Of-Fire and Damage multipliers for the Laser Pointer.
*Basic customization to HL2's stock weapons. Just options for Rate-Of-Fire, Accuracy, Bullet Penetration, and Disabling Secondary Fire would be good.

-Hooks for Custom Particle Effects

Since the Source 2007 engine externalized the particle effects, I would like options to replace the standard hardcoded effects with custom ones. On top of that, it would be very cool to allow custom weapons to use their own particle effects.

It looks like you're doing a good job so far. I really look forward to seeing how this comes along. :)

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2013, 10:24:45 PM »
Been keeping an eye on this project. I've wanted to see a mod inspired by SMOD built on the Source SDK 2007 engine, but doubted it would happen. I am very glad to be proved wrong. :)

If you're taking suggestions/requests, I have a few:

-Bullsquid and Houndeye NPC's

I know they've been already suggested, but I am putting in my own request because they already have partly working code in the HL2/Episodic SDK. I managed to apply rather sloppy fixes to both back when I dabbled in the source code, so I doubt it would be too much trouble.

-Human Error's AGrunt and AController NPC's

Some time ago, the HL2 mod Human Error released the source code both to the full mod and to their own remakes of the classic Alien Grunt and Alien Controller HL1 NPC's. They're not Black Mesa-quality, but they work well enough.

-Full compatibility with HL2, EP1, EP2 campaigns

Making this request because I would really like to have all 3 playable in the same mod. I know there's some conflicts and code changes in each that would have to be addressed though. Back when I messed around in the HL2 SDK, the issues that stood out were the HL2 mounted turret code differing from the Episode 2 code, animation conflicts and issues with the scene files, and some of the Vortigaunt sounds being replaced by EP2 sounds.

-HL2:DM Stunstick and S.L.A.M.

Speaks for itself really. Although i really would like to see any Stunstick's that get dropped after picking one up to add to the HEV battery as per stock HL2. 

-Expanded Weapon Customization

SMOD allowed a significant level of weapon customization, but had some curious limitations to it. Namely, a rather basic secondary fire for custom weapons and limited options for stock HL2/SMOD weapons. The main options I had wanted for SMOD:

*Allowing Secondary Fire to fire bullets aside from the primary, to allow features like an underbarrel shotgun, mimicking the HL2 shotgun's double-blast, etc.
*Attaching/Detaching Silencers. Along with corresponding Damage and Accuracy multipliers.
*Rate-Of-Fire and Damage multipliers for the Laser Pointer.
*Basic customization to HL2's stock weapons. Just options for Rate-Of-Fire, Accuracy, Bullet Penetration, and Disabling Secondary Fire would be good.

-Hooks for Custom Particle Effects

Since the Source 2007 engine externalized the particle effects, I would like options to replace the standard hardcoded effects with custom ones. On top of that, it would be very cool to allow custom weapons to use their own particle effects.

It looks like you're doing a good job so far. I really look forward to seeing how this comes along. :)

I've taken the Human Error door break code and used it for the kicking the door off it's hinges feature, I can easily apply the human error code for those npcs.  I can try also, to add the other two npcs & Features mentioned, though, I'll add those after my HL2 Mod is done and out of the way.
._. I love coffee.

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2013, 03:36:09 AM »
Update: I added modified bullet penetration based on thickness, when the player shoots a object, it will subtract the bullet's total thickness value, in such, if you shot a bullet with 200 thickness value through a wall of 64 units, it's thickness value will decrease to 136, and if it hits another wall it will decrease by the wall's thickness, so on and so on. However, I've also included bullet penetration calculation based on how many times it went through a object rather than on how deep it penetrated, in case of any reason of balancing out a weapon or as a mechanic.
._. I love coffee.

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2013, 10:47:09 AM »
oh glad thread was just transferred here, been following this.
 glad to see Onemanshow posting some.
nice to see some updates keep up the good work!
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline sirmasters

Anyone up for making gore models for my HL2 mod?
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2013, 11:32:43 PM »
Anyone want to help me make gore models? :/ I at least have the system set up for it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 11:39:55 PM by sirmasters »
._. I love coffee.

Offline alvaol62

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • alvaol62 has no influence.
Re: Anyone up for making gore models for my HL2 mod?
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 11:54:28 AM »
Anyone want to help me make gore models? :/ I at least have the system set up for it.

You can take them from Smod, I don't think anyone would mind.

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2013, 08:15:50 PM »

Sorry, I forgot to to say that the gore system support dismemberment, like shooting off a leg or arm.
._. I love coffee.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2013, 11:26:25 PM »

Sorry, I forgot to to say that the gore system support dismemberment, like shooting off a leg or arm.

Well if you want a quick and easy start, you can download the hl2ctf mod @ hl2ctf.com. I'm pretty sure it had some gibs for the combine and rebels (arms, heads, torso, legs, etc.)

Offline sirmasters

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2013, 12:41:26 AM »
._. http://beta.xfire.com/videos/5d9b05 Well, at least I know it works... Now to write up a gore_models.txt (Which I can make it so that it can go SMOD style gore or actully setting body-groups and spawning separate models) system.
._. I love coffee.

Offline minmi96

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
Is this still being worked on?

Let's Get Some Pussy Tonight.

Offline sirmasters

Is this still being worked on?

I'm taking my time making this, but I am currently mapping levels in hammer for my mod here and there until I get a decent looking style for the buildings in the mod.
._. I love coffee.

Offline Xamp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Xamp has no influence.
Thanks for a sign of activity, doc.

On wall duty again

Offline sirmasters

I almost forgot I was working on a SMOD remake (Considering I was slacking off and doing other many things at once... and almost quitting modding HL2 after steampipe news) ... Ahem, anyway, I got a prototype custom weapon system working. Right now it only accepts the standard hitscan weapons shooting, but I do confirm they allow custom parameters to be used for bullet damage/count. I'll add more modifiers (And entity projectiles) as I am back to working on this project.
._. I love coffee.

* SMMOD Twitter