Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [REPLACEMENT] Kimono's USP Compact  (Read 2941 times)

Offline LivingWithGames

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • LivingWithGames has no influence.
[REPLACEMENT] Kimono's USP Compact
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »
LivingWithGames here, quite back once again for a while, after I got news about SMOD going standalone, made me go for it once again. And managed to find the ironsights cfg once again so uh..yeah. Made a new replacement!

This obviously replaces the HL2 Pistol. Name wasn't changed, couldn't be arsed anyway. This features a few changes:

-Magazine clip decreased to 15, because realism.
- Ironsights, obviously.
-World models, since it was a skin for the pistol, NPCs won't have any problem whatsoever.
-And animations done by IIopn.

Credits as of follow from here: http://hl2.gamebanana.com/skins/132665

Antivirus_404 - Original submitter of the skin, compile, render and model hack.
Kimono - Model.
FroidFronFriggerman - Sounds.
IIopn - Animations
Blur. - Textures.
Rafael de Jongh - Shader setup.

And credits outside the skin:

Nemesis a.k.a Nem's - a huge thanks to him for the GCFScape tool require to open the .vpk file.
BIZ - for the Ironsights cfg file stashed in the SMOD RELEASE ARCHIVE required to put ironsights for the gun.
LivingWithGames - me, editing the ironsights for the gun.

And not to forget, YOU - for downloading this replacement.

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/?k3lvi4svqolv8b9
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:06:51 PM by LivingWithGames »

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: [REPLACEMENT] Kimono's USP Compact
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:45:54 AM »
Heh, this ain't so bad, but you forgot to include Blur. for textures and Rafael De Jongh for the shader setup.

Also, now that you mentioned realism and 15 round mags, here's something: There are 18 round mags for the USP, chambered in 9mm.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 08:56:57 AM »
Has been a long time.

Offline LivingWithGames

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 04:29:59 PM »
Heh, this ain't so bad, but you forgot to include Blur. for textures and Rafael De Jongh for the shader setup.

Also, now that you mentioned realism and 15 round mags, here's something: There are 18 round mags for the USP, chambered in 9mm.

Knew I forgot something. Will edit now.

18 round mags? Hm. But I mostly went for the default mags for them according to wikipedia and IMFDB. Which is actually 15 as it goes for 9x19 parabellum.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 04:31:31 PM by LivingWithGames »

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 05:08:18 PM »

Knew I forgot something. Will edit now.

18 round mags? Hm. But I mostly went for the default mags for them according to wikipedia and IMFDB. Which is actually 15 as it goes for 9x19 parabellum.

Great, great.
Do you think you'd be able to make replacements for the rest of the guns that I've released?

Offline LivingWithGames

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 05:21:44 PM »
I don't know, haven't decided yet. My next shot probably will be a Beretta 92, I found a few in the HL2 category and seeing you released weapon icons not too long ago, The beretta might be the next.

I could either pick the one IIopn did, or the old ones that have Zoidberg's animations, whose aren't bad either.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 05:31:24 PM »
I don't know, haven't decided yet. My next shot probably will be a Beretta 92, I found a few in the HL2 category and seeing you released weapon icons not too long ago, The beretta might be the next.

I could either pick the one IIopn did, or the old ones that have Zoidberg's animations, whose aren't bad either.

You gave me an idea.

Offline LivingWithGames

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 05:39:53 PM »
So that means, you might just do it before me? I don't mind really, the more guns and possible replacements we get, that's better.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 05:45:17 PM »
So that means, you might just do it before me? I don't mind really, the more guns and possible replacements we get, that's better.

No, I won't.

Offline F-3

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • F-3 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 06:14:34 AM »
This release needs another video, one with room busting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1JBIJTkAos

I'm using it here with my own weapon specs, and also added selfillum night sights.

Offline SkotMikel

• SkotMikel has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 02:48:01 PM »
I tried to install this on my SMOD Redux Final Version but it won't work. I'm guessing it has something to do with the messed up format of the sound scripts. Any ideas how to fix this?

Offline TheZec

• TheZec has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 04:18:43 AM »
I tried to install this on my SMOD Redux Final Version but it won't work. I'm guessing it has something to do with the messed up format of the sound scripts. Any ideas how to fix this?
Go to your game_sounds_manifest.txt file. Look for the weapon sounds line and paste this underneath:

"precache_file"      "scripts/game_sounds_weapon_pistol.txt"

That should load up the pistol sounds.

Offline SkotMikel

• SkotMikel has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2017, 11:53:55 AM »
Go to your game_sounds_manifest.txt file. Look for the weapon sounds line and paste this underneath:

"precache_file"      "scripts/game_sounds_weapon_pistol.txt"

That should load up the pistol sounds.

The problem is that I'm using SMOD Standalone and consequently, SMOD Redux Version 1.3 so there's no need for a game_sounds_manifest.txt file (I think)

Offline TheZec

• TheZec has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 04:28:54 AM »
^Using the method I told you I was able to successfully add the sawed off shotgun by Onemanshow into SMODReduxv5, SMOD40a, and Redux: FINAL.