Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: SMOD Source Code - Open Source  (Read 4372 times)

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
SMOD Source Code - Open Source
« on: January 28, 2015, 06:54:21 AM »
No it still hasn't been released...

However
community member SirMasters began developing a new version of SMOD on the Source 2013 SDK, called SMMOD. The project began back in 2013, but it has slowed down as he has become busy with other things.

The SMMOD code is open source! - DOWNLOAD

You can download it and begin working on your own version of SMOD. We need people to carry on the project and keep this mod alive. I can't say this enough. SirMasters has laid a solid foundation and some community members are already putting his source code to work.

Mapadds, custom weapons, bullet-time, ironsights. It's all there and waiting for you to improve upon. I know long time members know this resource is available, but this is for new people who are just passing through.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
Re: SMOD Source Code - Open Source
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 08:46:29 PM »
that's a clickbait title.
Damn you and your viral marketing techniques.
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 12:01:06 AM »
took you a year to notice it Kappa

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 09:36:56 AM »
I would pay to get my hands on the original SMOD source code.

Offline AlexThePipe

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • AlexThePipe has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 12:05:59 AM »
I wonder what happened to The_Author. Did he just give up after the may 2012 update? I hope he's doing okay.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 05:59:32 AM »
I wonder what happened to The_Author. Did he just give up after the may 2012 update? I hope he's doing okay.
No one knows. The last version he released was 40a, which was released in 2008 or 2007 I believe?

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 08:55:28 PM »
Hey long time no see, I came back onto Bsnooch after a friend of mine started working on a cool SMOD mod. Question, are there any upsides to using SMMOD over the current SMOD packed with Standalone 0.65? I'm curious because I'd like to get back into the SMOD modding scene after a long hiatus and I'm wondering whether to use Vanilla Standalone or SMMOD unless SMMOD is it's own mod as it was before Standalone.

Edit: It appears that SMMOD won't load, most likely needs a steampipe patch.

Also random question while I'm at it, is there any possible way I can change my username? I haven't use this one in 3 years.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:45:37 PM by Chr0n0Tr!gg3r »

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 05:31:36 AM »
Hey long time no see, I came back onto Bsnooch after a friend of mine started working on a cool SMOD mod. Question, are there any upsides to using SMMOD over the current SMOD packed with Standalone 0.65? I'm curious because I'd like to get back into the SMOD modding scene after a long hiatus and I'm wondering whether to use Vanilla Standalone or SMMOD unless SMMOD is it's own mod as it was before Standalone.

Also random question while I'm at it, is there any possible way I can change my username? I haven't use this one in 3 years.

SMMOD runs off of source 2013 base, but I really haven't been working on it for a long time. SMMOD's main advantage is that it is that it runs on the most up to date version of source, but lacks certain features that SMOD has. It does have working Mapadd and half finished custom weapons. SMMOD's mapadd is not backwards compatible with SMOD, rather, it actually relies on entities to function for the most part, and comes with 2 new entities, one being a basic trigger and the other that actually activates labels (if memory serves correct). SMMOD being open source allows people improve and adapt on what I have done by fiddling with the code to make their own customized version of SMMOD.

EDIT: It's running on Source 2013 base, and therefore should not need a steampipe patch.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 05:58:13 AM by sirmasters »
._. I love coffee.

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2017, 08:00:51 PM »

SMMOD runs off of source 2013 base, but I really haven't been working on it for a long time. SMMOD's main advantage is that it is that it runs on the most up to date version of source, but lacks certain features that SMOD has. It does have working Mapadd and half finished custom weapons. SMMOD's mapadd is not backwards compatible with SMOD, rather, it actually relies on entities to function for the most part, and comes with 2 new entities, one being a basic trigger and the other that actually activates labels (if memory serves correct). SMMOD being open source allows people improve and adapt on what I have done by fiddling with the code to make their own customized version of SMMOD.

EDIT: It's running on Source 2013 base, and therefore should not need a steampipe patch.

Hey Masters, did you ever get SMOD's effects ported over such as the blood streams, blood in water, and everything else? I'd love to get those effects in a non-SMOD mod I'm working on.