Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Some issues with stability  (Read 948 times)

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Some issues with stability
« on: February 13, 2015, 07:28:10 PM »
I've already reported some weird stuff happening with random crashes resulting with "no free edicts" message. Still happens, but there's something else.

I'm level 22 atm, and I have about 1k+ kills in dm_lockdown. However, the game got incredibly unstable. I accidentally fired an smg1 grenade at a huge pile of weaponry (drops from NPC's due to me camping) and it caused a MASSIVE fps issue, where it dropped to something like... 2. After that I simply did ent_remove_all weapon_smg1 hoping that it'll fix the issue... and it did. Lag disappeared, but then the game got incredibly unstable. Crashes out of nowhere without any error message. I assume it happens when I kill a NPC which used to have an SMG1 but now doesn't, due to the fact that ent_remove_all weapon_smg1.

Which gives me a suggestion - do cleanup at random times so that this wouldn't happen

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Some issues with stability
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 08:27:08 PM »
There's an entity to limit the amounts of weapons dropping on the floor. Sadly, I forgot it's name (But it was a pretty obvious name).

So I suggest he should use it to fix that problem.

EDIT: nvm, it's called game_weapon_manager

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 08:28:50 PM »
I'm thinking on probably doing some optimization fixes. This will include:

-Ragdolls disappearing after about like 5 minutes or something
-Decreasing the enemy limit for spawners.
-Limiting the amount of weapons on the floor.

Any suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:32:52 PM by Bitl »
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 09:34:25 PM »
I'm thinking on probably doing some optimization fixes. This will include:

-Ragdolls disappearing after about like 5 minutes or something
-Decreasing the enemy limit for spawners.
-Limiting the amount of weapons on the floor.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Yep, that sounds good.