Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [Solved]Attempting to play CSS Sci-fi  (Read 84 times)

Offline LtSprinkulz

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • LtSprinkulz has no influence.
[Solved]Attempting to play CSS Sci-fi
« on: October 18, 2017, 08:14:08 PM »
So, following the instructions in this: http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1458.0

Does a whole lot of nothing for me.
After following all advice in the thread I'm left with the error:
"Model models/props_combine/breenconcole.mdl not found and models/error.mdl couldn't be loaded"

I've been told CSSSF3 is playable, but I've seen little evidence to prove that. If it's not then I wont waste any more time, but I'm committed to getting it working if it is. I'm currently stuffing the models folder from SDKBase into CSSSF3 because I'm a caveman who smash square peg into round hole. I'm willing to go through trial and error for a while, so if anyone can help that'd be cool.

Edit: Well...that was easier than expected...After using the above linked thread as a starting point, I got it to launch and give me the above error once it crashed. Once it gave me that error I used the universal gameinfo from the Standalone download thread instead of the gameinfo from the second post of above linked thread. Started up with no errors and I can play the Hub. Keep in mind the models folder from SDKBase is still mashed into my CSS Sci-fi folder, and that may have absolutely nothing to do with my success.

Edit2: Well...another error to get in the way, of course. The game starts fine, but once I start the first campaign it loads de_tides and then kicks me back to the main menu, the console saying:

Code: [Select]
Game started
No pure server whitelist. sv_pure = 0
CAsyncWavDataCache:  198 .wavs total 0 bytes, 0.00 % of capacity
Initializing renderer...
AddPropOffsetToMap - already found entry [prop: 295 offset: 3540] in table for DT_NPC_Manhack
Unable to remove c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\smod standalone\mods\css sci fi\SAVE\d3_breen_01.hl1!
Unable to remove c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\smod standalone\mods\css sci fi\SAVE\d3_breen_01.hl2!
Unable to remove c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\smod standalone\mods\css sci fi\SAVE\d3_breen_01.hl3!
Dropped unnamed from server (Server shutting down)

I know that in Garry's Mod the server will kick players for having too many errors. This seems like a similar error. I also know that in Gmod you can disable this function, is that possible here?

Edit3: Used ai_norebuildgraph 1 and can play.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:15:03 PM by LtSprinkulz »

Offline LtSprinkulz

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • LtSprinkulz has no influence.
Re: [Solved]Attempting to play CSS Sci-fi
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 09:16:58 PM »
Guess I'll leave this as a beacon for those who tread this path in the future.
Unless otherwise requested

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: [Solved]Attempting to play CSS Sci-fi
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 11:41:32 AM »
You can leave it here.
If there's a bunch of other people with the same issue I might make this a sticky post.