Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [RELEASE] CSS SCI FI weapon replacements  (Read 8723 times)

Offline 0per4t0r

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • 0per4t0r has no influence.
    • My Youtube
[RELEASE] CSS SCI FI weapon replacements
« on: July 04, 2011, 05:53:00 PM »
A collection of model re-origins, reskins, and ironsight re-origins used in CSS SCI FI that I put together. I kept all ammo, clip sizes, sounds the same as default smod.

THIS IS INTENDED TO ONLY BE USED FOR:
-SMOD 40a
IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO USE THIS ADDON FOR ANYTHING OTHER THEN THE INTENDED MOD(S).

Features
-Ironsights for alyxgun.
-New AK-47 viewmodel origin and ironsight origin.
-New MP5 viewmodel origin and ironsight origin.
-New ar2 ironsight origin.
-New smg1 ironsight origin.
-New kar98 ironsight origin.
-Custom models/re-textures for airboat gun, lasergun, gauss gun, and flare gun.
-Ironsights for airboat gun, laser gun, and gauss gun, and alyxgun (with CSS SCI FI reticule for aiming).
-[OPTIONAL] Proper gauss gun weapon icon.

Credits:
fitzroy_doll: Segments of the scripts, custom models and textures
0per4t0r: Script editing, porting to default smod, releasing
Onemanshow: Release Thread Format

Does NOT include custom weapon sounds from sci fi, as those are css sounds, and releasing them to people who might not own the game would be bad.

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:
Extract the "scripts," "models," and "materials" folders to your smod folder and replace all conflicting files.
To install the Proper Gauss Icon, copy the scripts folder in the "Proper Gauss Icon" folder to your smod folder and replace weapon_flaregun.txt

UPDATE 8/8/2011: File updated, please redownload and install over the old version, or just copy and replace the alyxgun texture if you already have the old version installed.
DOWNLOAD HERE
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:29:39 AM by 0per4t0r »

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
Re: [RELEASE] CSS SCI FI weapon replacements
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 02:02:58 AM »
somehow i missed this. I will see if OMS will put it in the release archive.

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 01:58:58 PM »
I think you may have missed that "Dot" texture for the Alyxgun, It helps the Ironsight out quite a bit.

Offline 0per4t0r

• My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 03:23:40 AM »
UPDATE: Added "Dot" texture for the Alyxgun as FreeKill requested after not noticing the post for a while, please redownload and replace the old version, or just copy and replace the alyxgun texture if you already have the old version installed.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:29:23 AM by 0per4t0r »

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 09:22:42 PM »

I thought i told you i didn't want this in the archive. Why did you move it anyway? :-\

Sorry 0per4t0r. I can't have this put into the archive. I talked with fitzroy_doll (the creator of CSS SCIFI) back when i worked on Tactical and he told me in no uncertain terms he did not want any kind of custom content made for it. Not even for private usage. While i strongly dislike such a hardline stance against user-made content, i agreed to respect his terms and i would rather not give the impression of going back on my word. I won't force you to remove this or take down the link, I just can't have it in the Release Archive. Hope you understand.

And just to correct something a few of you may have heard since it's kind of related to this, when Daxent leaked SMOD: Tactical and claimed i lied about using CSS SCIFI's mapadds in it, his only piece of evidence was a file on the FTP containing the mapadds from CSS SCIFI 2.1. That file was put on the FTP by BIZ, not me. And it had nothing to do with Tactical or the Release Archive aside from being on the same FTP. I'd rather not have brought up that mess ever again, but i needed to clear that up since it was vaguely related to this.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:28:28 PM by Onemanshow »

Offline 0per4t0r

• My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 10:09:39 PM »

I thought i told you i didn't want this in the archive. Why did you move it anyway? :-\

Sorry 0per4t0r. I can't have this put into the archive. I talked with fitzroy_doll (the creator of CSS SCIFI) back when i worked on Tactical and he told me in no uncertain terms he did not want any kind of custom content made for it. Not even for private usage. While i strongly dislike such a hardline stance against user-made content, i agreed to respect his terms and i would rather not give the impression of going back on my word. I won't force you to remove this or take down the link, I just can't have it in the Release Archive. Hope you understand.

And just to correct something a few of you may have heard since it's kind of related to this, when Daxent leaked SMOD: Tactical and claimed i lied about using CSS SCIFI's mapadds in it, his only piece of evidence was a file on the FTP containing the mapadds from CSS SCIFI 2.1. That file was put on the FTP by BIZ, not me. And it had nothing to do with Tactical or the Release Archive aside from being on the same FTP. I'd rather not have brought up that mess ever again, but i needed to clear that up since it was vaguely related to this.
That's okay if it's not in the release archive, even if it isn't really for sci fi, but ports his changes over to 40a. I did PM fitzroy on moddb after making this, asking him if it was okay, but he hasn't responded since I sent the message last month.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 02:51:26 AM »
ahaha my bad juan  :P

yeah about the css mapadds, people seem to forget that this was just my little storage area before filefront shutdown and we hosted all the files here.

Offline Ruslan_Wright

• Ruslan_Wright has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 11:48:52 AM »
Link is die( Reupload please

Offline Ruslan_Wright

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 12:19:10 PM »
Sooooo?.....

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 12:55:07 PM »
Sooooo?.....

Is sorry, link is still much die.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Ruslan_Wright

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 09:20:14 AM »
Sooooo?.....

Is sorry, link is still much die.

I see it. Maybe who reupload? О_О

Offline Predalienator

• Predalienator has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 10:58:45 AM »
Sorry for reviving this thread but anyone have a mirror for this file?