Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: WARNING: SteamPipe update breaks CSS, HL2DM SMOD GCF mounts (FIX INSIDE)  (Read 43220 times)

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
Not to be an ass or anything, but those GCF's only hold the 2004 content from HL2's release. There's still a few maps/other files missing.
I don't know, it could be my fault for not using the same PC that i did in 2004. I would suggest also extracting the "Half-life 2 2007 base content" as it holds the missing maps etc, that WILL be needed to play the entire HL2 story line.

But i could be terribely wrong  :P

My GCF's still have all the pre-update map files. I didn't suggest backing up the 2007 content as it would not be compatible with SMOD.

Offline JoshZemlinsky

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • JoshZemlinsky has no influence.
My GCF's still have all the pre-update map files. I didn't suggest backing up the 2007 content as it would not be compatible with SMOD.

Hm, well you're lucky then. My GCF's dont have them anymore. I guess it's related to my recent system reinstall...
But as far as i remember, didn't the SMOD 40/a fix have the maps included?

Offline alvaol62

• alvaol62 has no influence.

Hm, well you're lucky then. My GCF's dont have them anymore. I guess it's related to my recent system reinstall...
But as far as i remember, didn't the SMOD 40/a fix have the maps included?

Only those that weren't compatible. The rest were mounted from the GCF.

Offline IronCore

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • IronCore has no influence.
Is it true steampipe has been fully relaunch?
seems some of my dods friends can't run some of their plugins anymore bec. of it.
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline Xamp

• Xamp has no influence.
I don't think it has been relaunched, still got all my .gcfs, maybe someone else knows more.

On wall duty again

Offline JoshZemlinsky

I don't think it has been relaunched, still got all my .gcfs, maybe someone else knows more.

Strange, i heard that it got relaunched. I dont have any idea tho, cause i disabled updates for all my games.

Offline Xamp

• Xamp has no influence.
I got some .acfs wich seem to be new, but no .vtfs, no idea if steampipe has something to do with this or not.

On wall duty again

Offline IronCore

• IronCore has no influence.
It's a go...
Here is the expected schedule for the conversion of Source engine games to SteamPipe:

Day of Defeat: Source: already happened
Half-life 2: Deathmatch: Wednesday, April 3 (DAY AFTER TOMORROW)
Counter-Strike: Source: Tuesday, April 16
Team Fortress 2: Tuesday, April 23

You gotta love steam, phew!!! well that's ok wont ever let my steam folder touch the internet game to keep things the way I like. Will just create another steam folder for my other games.
I'm so in-love to SMOD...PERIOD!

Offline Xamp

• Xamp has no influence.
Well, i got my .gcfs backed up, so i don't think i will have much trouble.

On wall duty again

Offline Pepsifan04

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
It's a go...
Here is the expected schedule for the conversion of Source engine games to SteamPipe:

Day of Defeat: Source: already happened
Half-life 2: Deathmatch: Wednesday, April 3 (DAY AFTER TOMORROW)
Counter-Strike: Source: Tuesday, April 16
Team Fortress 2: Tuesday, April 23

You gotta love steam, phew!!! well that's ok wont ever let my steam folder touch the internet game to keep things the way I like. Will just create another steam folder for my other games.

Thanks for the info
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
My E drive is my old C, so even after losing my external driver on which I had backups of the files, I had my old Steam installation to grab them from. Phew.

Of all things, now subtitles won't work for some random reason, but there is always something!
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
Got some good news: The SteamPipe files of HL2: Deathmatch are still compatible with SMOD. Even the new map "halls3" works with it. Hopefully the SteamPipe version of CS:S follows suit.

I'll add a install tutorial for the SteamPipe HL2: Deathmatch shortly.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Got some good news: The SteamPipe files of HL2: Deathmatch are still compatible with SMOD. Even the new map "halls3" works with it. Hopefully the SteamPipe version of CS:S follows suit.

I'll add a install tutorial for the SteamPipe HL2: Deathmatch shortly.

Wow, a surprising move by VALVe, Gabe might readed some of our E-mails :3 ?

Offline JoshZemlinsky

Ohhh you guys got such a bad timing xD
I was just leaving for bed, and suddenly the promise of a new map caught my eyes... Now i'll have to try it before i go to bed LOL  :P

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
I saw nothing.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:28:40 PM by Spasior »