Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [HELP] Smod Redux NPC's not talking moving?  (Read 99 times)

Offline swinekiller

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • swinekiller has no influence.
[HELP] Smod Redux NPC's not talking moving?
« on: December 04, 2017, 11:53:12 PM »
I got smod-redux-version-10-v2 and installed it as a source mod in my /sourcemod folder like it said to on the page
I played it, and it had only life half the maps.
I fixxed that by placing the maps from my hl2 game directory to the smod
However, the problem is still there that none of the NPC's talk. For instance when you reach the room where the black dude sits on a railing, jumps down, opens the door to get killed by manhacks.
Instead he just sits there and wont open the door and I have to noclip.
Same thing when the woman upgrades your airboat, they wont open the door for you.
What do I do? This is really game breaking and breaks my immersion

Offline martin.kosecky5

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • martin.kosecky5 has no influence.
Re: [HELP] Smod Redux NPC's not talking moving?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 07:14:26 PM »
The fix for this is quite easy. You need to somehow obtain the HL2 scene files and place them inside your SMOD directory. You can easily obtain them from another mod such as Missing Information. Just copy the "scenes" folder to your SMOD directory.
You can solve any problem using C4 , you just need to figure out how much C4 do you need exactly.

Offline Zoldat

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Zoldat has no influence.
Re: [HELP] Smod Redux NPC's not talking moving?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 08:54:55 AM »
Looks like your Smod is missing "scenes" folder with vcd files. With the help of VCD files NPCs can talk and engage in dialogues and such - without them they will do nothing.
All you have to do is to copy "scenes" folder from Half-Life 2 folder into your Smod folder, just like martin.kosecky5 said. But I would not recomend taking "scenes" folder from other mod since vcd files could be drastically different and thus ruin dialogues.  Original scene files most likely will be inside vpk archive somewhere and you need a tool to open it and extract files. So instead of wasting your time let me give you the link to the RAR with "scenes" folder  :)  http://www.mediafire.com/file/ynjbamc57j6uv2o/scenes.rar
Extract all the files from it("Streetwar", "trainyard" and other folders) into "scenes" folder in your smod redux.