Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Merging Smod with the Fakefactory cinematic mod ?  (Read 3490 times)

Offline HazyRemix

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • HazyRemix has no influence.
Merging Smod with the Fakefactory cinematic mod ?
« on: September 01, 2013, 06:16:30 PM »
Just throwing out a limb but would it be possible to merge the graphics (enb) and textures/models of FF CM12 with, say, smod tactical or redux ? If it is possible, how would you go out doing it ?

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Merging Smod with the Fakefactory cinematic mod ?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 06:36:49 PM »
You could try to port a few textures, but the rest would not work. The Cinematic Mod uses a highly enhanced Source Engine in terms of graphics and other stuff and besides that it uses OB Source as a base. But as I said you could port models/textures etc.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 09:24:17 PM »
In cinematic mod HL2 maps are RE-MADE completely so some textures need to be edited to fit original maps, also with lots of hi-res textures you 'll run out of memory very quickly (LAA), But yes, it's somehow possible.
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 11:37:14 AM »
The best way is to look for older versions. It might be hard, but they should still be floating around.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Pepsifan04

• Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 01:49:54 PM »
The best way is to look for older versions. It might be hard, but they should still be floating around.

You can download older versions from official website

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 02:28:16 PM »

Yeah i think you can use the textures of Version 2.

Offline Pepsifan04

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 01:51:05 PM »
Yeah i think you can use the textures of Version 2.
They're just drag'n drop, aren't they?

Version 6 is the last one with the orginal maps from stock HL2, but porting them will cost you a lot of work.