Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: New SMOD / HL2 console command found to make enemies hunt you down.  (Read 2438 times)

Offline kh0rn3

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • kh0rn3 has no influence.
The SMOD author had given me this command a long time ago to enter in the console to make the enemies come after you even if they do not see you.  If you spawn about 100 zombie2s it is unnerving.  I tried it with the regenerating zombies from the mapadd generator and it works well.  Not sure if it works with the regular campaign.  This will not make it so that enemies accross the map will wake up and find you, but it greatly increases the radius that enemies begin to activate and start coming after you.

ent_fire enemy updateenemymemory !player

I think you have to enter the string every time a new map is loaded.

He also said that I could put this in the lua of the lua that is generated by the mapadd generator to do the same thing as above.

HL2.EntFire("enemy", nil, "updateenemymemory", "!player", 0)

I never could figure out where to put it in the lua.  If anyone knows please generate a lua with the map add generator and enter it in there so I know where is goes.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 02:01:56 AM by kh0rn3 »

Offline Rook

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Rook has no influence.
Re: New SMOD / HL2 console command found to make enemies hunt you down.
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 03:31:11 AM »
It should work in the regular campaign, yes. If I'm remembering correctly, it's an input given to every NPC capable of having a squad. NPCs keep an internal list of enemies and their last known positions, and the input is a way of forcibly updating that list. It shouldn't normally affect NPCs outside the player's PVS though; processing for those entities is considered low priority unless you use the "Always think outside PVS" flag. Aaanywho... :D

One thing. This works with SMOD40 for you? I could've sworn it was added in a later version of Source and sure enough, I can't seem to use it at least in my SMOD config. Maybe I broke something?  ;D

If it works for you, I figure it doesn't much matter where you stick it in the LUA. map_name.lua is run every time the map is loaded for any reason, including loading from a savegame. You could have it on the first line by itself if you want. Just make sure you have a delay of 0.5s or so. It's possible for the script to run before the player spawns in! I guess if you wanted to only do it once at startup, you could try something like this:

Code: [Select]
"entities" {
"instant_trig" {
"keyvalues" {
"timer" "1"
"label" "update"
}
}
}
"entities:update" {
"lua" {
"callfunc" "update"
}
}
Code: [Select]
function update()
end
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:16:20 AM by Rook »

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 05:54:25 AM »
The SMOD author had given me this command a long time ago to enter in the console to make the enemies come after you even if they do not see you.  If you spawn about 100 zombie2s it is unnerving.  I tried it with the regenerating zombies from the mapadd generator and it works well.  Not sure if it works with the regular campaign.  This will not make it so that enemies accross the map will wake up and find you, but it greatly increases the radius that enemies begin to activate and start coming after you.

ent_fire enemy updateenemymemory !player

I think you have to enter the string every time a new map is loaded.

He also said that I could put this in the lua of the lua that is generated by the mapadd generator to do the same thing as above.

I never could figure out where to put it in the lua.  If anyone knows please generate a lua with the map add generator and enter it in there so I know where is goes.

whoa awesome to see you are alive! thanks for sharing.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 01:28:56 PM »
Can't believe you are still here, and awesome work, I always used npc_enemyfinder to fix that problem, but that one is much more easy!

Offline gpgpgpgp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • gpgpgpgp has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »
Maybe it can be used in combination with +lean, making lean_gunpos less like cheating.

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 11:26:46 AM »
Maybe it can be used in combination with +lean, making lean_gunpos less like cheating.
This needs top be loaded once an map load, so it would work only once.
Unless there's something that stops enemies from searching after you, but then again, it would allow the player to just lean and enemies chasing player would just stop like nothing ever happened :/
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR

Offline kh0rn3

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • kh0rn3 has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 03:47:34 AM »
Thanks for the help everyone.  I did some testing and it works.  If the map is open in that there are not a lot of doors to stop the zombie2s there is a constant, unverving stream of zombies that come after me even from very far away.

Here is a mapadd lua pair for a lot of zombie2s with capabilities of hunting you down.

http://www.filedropper.com/despirits

here is the snl

http://www.filedropper.com/despiritssnl

you need this map:

http://css.gamebanana.com/maps/10525

I also put this in my config in case this helps update the zombies on my location...

bind "SPACE" "+jump; wait; ent_fire enemy updateenemymemory !player"