Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Custom weapons not using their custom sounds  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Jeevesmeister

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Jeevesmeister has no influence.
Custom weapons not using their custom sounds
« on: September 25, 2013, 07:48:08 AM »
Hey guys, I got SMOD running again on a PC, and am having a huge problem after installing a script from you guys - the required map addon script (here: http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=123.0) For some reason, all the custom weapon sounds like gunshots and reloads aren't playing at all when I copy these over!

Is there anything you can suggest to help resolve this issue? I redownloaded SMOD but I'm not sure what script files to copy over to fix this issue. Any help would be hugely appreciated!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:07:54 AM by Jeevesmeister »

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
Re: Custom weapons not using their custom sounds
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 09:20:07 AM »
Sounds like the game_sounds_manifest might have gotten overwritten. Check so that game_sounds_manifest links to all your game_sounds scripts.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 12:10:44 PM »
Sounds like the game_sounds_manifest might have gotten overwritten. Check so that game_sounds_manifest links to all your game_sounds scripts.

This.
There's a 200% chance that your custom weapons use custom scripts. I've actually tried to deal with that kind of problem before (missing sounds for weapons), except that the script files WERE linked in the game_sounds_manifest...
Just link the sound script files in the game_sounds_manifest and you should be good

Offline Jeevesmeister

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Jeevesmeister has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 01:44:36 AM »
Ah, okay! I'll look into getting that sorted out, thanks! One more question:

I installed the KSG from here: http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=980.0 and am trying to play Half Life 2 Enhanced Campaign from within Smod: Tactical, and while enemies can use that weapon and it exists in the world, I can't seem to pick it up for the life of me. Like I can walk over it, but it won't pick up, and when I use the give weapon_custom command in the console it doesn't give me anything either. Any reason why that might be?

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 12:39:18 PM »
Ah, okay! I'll look into getting that sorted out, thanks! One more question:

I installed the KSG from here: http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=980.0 and am trying to play Half Life 2 Enhanced Campaign from within Smod: Tactical, and while enemies can use that weapon and it exists in the world, I can't seem to pick it up for the life of me. Like I can walk over it, but it won't pick up, and when I use the give weapon_custom command in the console it doesn't give me anything either. Any reason why that might be?

Sure.
The cmds are keeping you from picking up more than some number of weapons. It might be, say, 3.
There are 2 CVAR's that might help you:
weapon_limitcategory (or something like that) 0
weapon_maxweapons 9999

This basically changes that SMOD does no longer read the weapon_category.txt file and changes your max weapons to 9999. I've never played SMOD Tactical, so I have no idea if this will work or not.