Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Valve now allows people to sell their workshop mods  (Read 3008 times)

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: Valve now allows people to sell their workshop mods
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 06:04:20 AM »
Amazing they actually listened to reason https://steamcommunity.com/games/SteamWorkshop/announcements/detail/208632365253244218

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2015, 10:06:49 AM »
Amazing they actually listened to reason https://steamcommunity.com/games/SteamWorkshop/announcements/detail/208632365253244218

They should have just added a donate button. But I'm glad that VALVe admitted that they've made a mistake, I'm willing to forgive them.

Offline Pangia

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Pangia has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 01:33:12 PM »
Musta been 1st time in world history for any company to retreat after being snowed under avalanche of criticism they got.
We understand our own game's communities pretty well, but stepping into an established, years old modding community in Skyrim was probably not the right place to start iterating
Yet still it sounds like they WILL put option for paid mods anyway, just not in Skyrim for now.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2015, 02:09:10 PM »
Musta been 1st time in world history for any company to retreat after being snowed under avalanche of criticism they got.

Given the amount of criticism they got I'd say I'm not surprised, looking at steam it seems like the entirety of Steam users (glorious exaggerating) were against this move.