Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The Best & Worst & Overrated & Underrated Games you've ever played.  (Read 2764 times)

Offline minmi96

• +8% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
Is there a game you've played that deserves the reputation of being the greatest game of all time, or is there an unappreciated gem that you personally think deserves more praise and recognition?

Is there a game that you think is so bad it shouldn't exist, or is there one that gets too much undeserving praise that you hate deep down?

This thread thread is for what you think are the Best & Worst & Overrated & Underrated Games you've ever played.

You can have up to 3 choices per category, so that makes 12.

IMPORTANT: This IS an opinion thread, NOT a debate thread on which game is better than the other, these types of threads don't really end well from my experience so lets try our best to keep this thread clean and civilized.

OPTIONAL: Post a full in depth reason of the game(s) being good, underrated, bad, overrated.

Offline minmi96

• +8% chance to make useful post
  • minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.minmi96 is working their way up.
    • www.titsassesanddicks.cum
Re: The Best & Worst & Overrated & Underrated Games you've ever played.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 12:28:32 AM »
*Post reserved for my list*

Offline frittykitty7

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • frittykitty7 has no influence.
    • My Channel for Youtube
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 01:57:06 AM »
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the LoZ series. The main issue I encounter with it is that Nintendo doesn't really seem to know what to do with Link. They seem to advertise him as a blank template with which to project your own personality, but it juxtaposes this by showing Link's own reactions to situations. Valve did it correctly by not displaying Gordon's reactions ever, thereby allowing you to project more efficiently. However, in The Legend of Zelda, there seems to be a battle over which personality you should be acknowledging. I just think that LoZ is overrated.
MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA

Offline Chr0n0Tr!gg3r

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Chr0n0Tr!gg3r has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 03:52:30 AM »
Super Man 64, I expected so much and then I played it.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 08:29:28 AM »
Can't say anything much about the *best* videogame I've ever played, all of them get boring after a short while. HL2 managed to stay interesting for the longest time, so I'm assuming that's the best video game ever for me.

As for the worst... Singularity. Shitty models, shitty animations, shitty story, the Russian soldiers speak broken Russian, shitty graphics. Ugh. At least the slow-down-time-bullet-thing gun is fun.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2015, 12:03:13 PM »
Hard to say which game is the best...I would say Half-Life is probably the best FPS out there, I never played another FPS that kept me so entertained and interested in the story. I think most people will agree with me on this.

I also enjoy the old Resident Evil games (1 to Code: Veronica) alot, the gameplay is very unique and I loved the more or less cheesy plot. Since the first one revolutionized the survival horror genre I would say it does deserve a high place in the list. Makes it even more sad that the new RE games suck.

Deus Ex is another prime example of how a videogame should be. Perfect mix of FPS and RPG, I would say one of the best games ever.

I think Far Cry 4 is pretty overrated, it's decent, but there's no real reason for one to get it if he already owns Far Cry 3. Reused models, animations, sounds...it feels like an expansion pack rather than a new game.

Offline epicstuf

• epicstuf has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 06:42:40 PM »
Half-Life 2. It is overrated. Yes, it's a good game, and it had the Source engine, but, still overrated. By today's standards, it's not as groundbreaking or as fun as it was in 2004. I only use i to mount GMOD or play the many flavors of SMOD.

No One Lives Forever 1 and 2, Contract J.A.C.K. and Metal Arms, are one of the most underrated FUN games I have ever played. Although I lost NOLF 1 and 2, I still remember it because of Contract J.A.C.K. is an expansion pack to NOLF 2. To this day, I still have Contract J.A.C.K and Metal Arms. You know what, I am going to go play it.

Also F.E.A.R. 3. Wasn't bad, nor good, but just in the middle, and was in the radar.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 09:50:03 PM by epicstuf »

Offline Pangia

• Pangia has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 02:10:16 PM »
Best: Half-Life 1, Left 4 Dead 1.
L4D cause after more than 1,7k hours I can still play it and have tons of laugh, HL1 – no further comment available.
Worst: Mafia II.
I can't believe how crappy game this is, comparing it to Mafia I which has one of greatest plot in gaming ever. It's just sad.
Overrated: Half-Life 2, Far Cry 1.
HL2 cause of crappy weapons and Alyx, FC1 cause of Trigens and plot as cheap as in Uwe Boll's horrors. And those weird monsters with their right arms replaced with bazookas which are able to withstand whole Jackhammer magazine unloaded onto their face on point-blank range on easiest difficulty.
Underrated: Far Cry 2.
Most people tend to throw tons of shit on it, but if you will be able to forget about a bit weird movement, funky physics at times, AI which often tries to flank you and ends up running into your face cause you're not in place they think you are, absurdly overpowered AK (especially in AI hands – hits player twice as hard as FN Fal which has almost identical statistics) and some really stupid ideas put into the game (like instakill after getting hit with a car driving 5 mph or after jumping 5 yards down to the ground), then it turns out to be pretty cool and balanced FPS, disallowing you from going like J. Rambo into middle of crossfire and kill everything that moves, but not killing you cause you stepped into magical pixel which turned on „f♥ck the player” script spawning tons of AK-armed mercenaries with pin-point accuracy.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 06:27:08 PM »
Fuuuuuuck... good that you've reminded me of FC2. Game had awesome weapon animations.

Yep, everything's pretty much as you described. What's really annoying is that most NPC's can take a lot of rounds to the chest, apparently. I have a mod that fixes that, sort of.

Offline Pangia

• Pangia has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 12:54:20 PM »
Yea, Dylan's mod I guess. Dumped it after 5 minutes cause GG still had bulletproof vest while NPCs lost it. I find out gameplay in FC2 pretty balanced, to be honest, even though the only one-shot-kill weapons are snipers and explosives, excluding grenades. Maybe it's cause of Hardcore difficulty. The only thing I'd change in game is SPAS capacity from 12 to 8, and it's of course impossible. :/ But I damn love PKM in this game: you can shoot from it, and shoot, and shoot, and shoot, and it ain't gonna stop. Making it jam at any time requires playing for at least 2-3 hours without replacing it, and the only bad thing about it is its recoil which makes it hard to use on long distance shooting. But overall it's the sweetest candy available in weapon shop.

Offline Lurker

• Lurker has no influence.
    • Click it
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 05:15:52 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyWA6FQMN-E

Honestly, I remember doing so good in the multiplayer scene on this game :D

Would be nice if some publisher or studio reboot the franchise, it has a ton of modding potential.

Offline OmniT00

• OmniT00 has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 07:47:13 PM »
Is there a game you've played that deserves the reputation of being the greatest game of all time, or is there an unappreciated gem that you personally think deserves more praise and recognition?

Is there a game that you think is so bad it shouldn't exist, or is there one that gets too much undeserving praise that you hate deep down?

This thread thread is for what you think are the Best & Worst & Overrated & Underrated Games you've ever played.

You can have up to 3 choices per category, so that makes 12.

IMPORTANT: This IS an opinion thread, NOT a debate thread on which game is better than the other, these types of threads don't really end well from my experience so lets try our best to keep this thread clean and civilized.

OPTIONAL: Post a full in depth reason of the game(s) being good, underrated, bad, overrated.

WORST GAME I HAD PLAYED: Legendary, honestly, it was fucking horrid. The idea was interesting, I will give it that, but overall the game was bad.

UNDERRATED AND GOOD GAME I PLAYED: Max Payne 3. I will admit, it is quite the change from the previous 2 Max Payne games, it was still a masterpiece, and I love it.

OVERRATED SACK OF SHIT GAME: Five Nights at Freddy's, I honestly don't see why so many people have fallen in love with the game. JUMPSCARES, ARE NOT, SCARY. Though...the only real game I can say has done jumpscares right? (besides the loud, out of nowhere sounds) SCP: Containment Breach.
^ Someone who is royally awful.