Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: smod tactical screen effects for gmod  (Read 826 times)

Offline sfb

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • sfb has no influence.
smod tactical screen effects for gmod
« on: July 11, 2016, 02:42:38 AM »
Hi all,

How hard would it be to port over smod's screen blood and water effects into gmod?

I've managed to replicate through the workshop almost all of smod's features I like into gmod so that I can finally play ep1 & ep2. However I can't find a decent screen blood effect.

Cheers,
Sfb

Offline sirmasters

• +5% chance to make useful post
  • sirmasters barely matters.sirmasters barely matters.
    • My Twitter (My Forums are inactive at the moment)
Re: smod tactical screen effects for gmod
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 04:52:29 AM »
Hi all,

How hard would it be to port over smod's screen blood and water effects into gmod?

I've managed to replicate through the workshop almost all of smod's features I like into gmod so that I can finally play ep1 & ep2. However I can't find a decent screen blood effect.

Cheers,
Sfb

The blood effects and water effects are shader based sadly (however, correct me if I am wrong, I'm writing this based on memory), and far as I know, shaders can't be loaded in GMOD. However, it is possible to recreate the blood drip effect with lua code. Now for water effects, I'm sure it can be done as well (as stated with the blood), but would require a little more effort to get the refraction right.
._. I love coffee.

Offline sfb

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • sfb has no influence.
Re: smod tactical screen effects for gmod
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 11:01:18 AM »
Thanks a lot for the prompt answer. Yeah that's what I was afraid of regarding the shaders. I've managed to add some of my own screen effect vpms to a few gmod mods for my own personal use, but sadly they never look the same.

Time to start reading a few LUA tuts me thinks.

cheers mate,
SFB