Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Changing damage visor effects?  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Dez

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Dez has no influence.
Changing damage visor effects?
« on: March 30, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »
Is it possible to change the visor damage indicator? Like, when the player gets shot, and blood appears on the screen, is it possible to change that to something else? If so, can you tell me where the files are?

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Changing damage visor effects?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 04:17:57 PM »
Is it possible to change the visor damage indicator? Like, when the player gets shot, and blood appears on the screen, is it possible to change that to something else? If so, can you tell me where the files are?
Yes, you just need to replace the texture, in the release archive you can find a good example.

Offline Dez

• Dez has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 07:37:01 AM »
Could you direct me to the path where the textures are?

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 08:49:33 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/smodreleasearchive  - Thats the release archive, look here first if u want something for SMOD, it might be in here

http://www.mediafire.com/?vjaq2v0g0s0fk14  - These are the new visor effects, they replace alien blood, water etc. visor effects as well.

Offline Dez

• Dez has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 12:35:17 AM »
Thank you, but I read the read-me file in that and it says that those effect are only when you shoot an enemy that is close to you (blood wise). Does it also change the blood that is shown on the visor when the player is shot?

What I'm trying to do, I want it so that when the player gets shot, a honeycomb blue patch appears instead of blood. This gives the impression that the player has some form of shield and it's being drained as he's being shot, like in Warhammer 40k Space Marine. Does this pack change the player's blood on the visor, or just your enemies blood on the visor?

Offline alvaol62

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • alvaol62 has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 05:44:25 AM »
Thank you, but I read the read-me file in that and it says that those effect are only when you shoot an enemy that is close to you (blood wise). Does it also change the blood that is shown on the visor when the player is shot?

What I'm trying to do, I want it so that when the player gets shot, a honeycomb blue patch appears instead of blood. This gives the impression that the player has some form of shield and it's being drained as he's being shot, like in Warhammer 40k Space Marine. Does this pack change the player's blood on the visor, or just your enemies blood on the visor?

It modifies both, but this very specific pack doesn't change the colour. It makes them subtle, but with an image manipulation program you should be able to modify it to your taste.