Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Expanded Combine Voices (UPDATED to 1.1)  (Read 3816 times)

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • +67% chance to make useful post
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
Expanded Combine Voices (UPDATED to 1.1)
« on: April 19, 2013, 07:46:47 PM »
UPDATED 5/6/13: Added some new lines and made a few tweaks.

I'm surprised no-one has tried to do this before.

This adds roughly 80 new lines each for the Combine Soldiers and Metrocops, making for a total of around 160 new files. All of which were edited from existing sound files. The edits can sometimes be a little awkward, but thanks to the heavy filtering used in the voices most of the edits are smooth enough.

I originally built this for SMOD, but this should work in any HL2 mod that does not use a custom sentences.txt file. Unfortunately, you cannot install this directly into the hl2/ep1/ep2 game folders because as of the 2010 update, those games no longer will accept changes to the "scripts" folder, and thus will not recognize the modified sentences.txt file this uses.

CREDITS:
Base Sounds: Valve
Sound Edits/Script Changes: Onemanshow

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

DOWNLOAD HERE
Mirror: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sIa-oSUs4K0QQD4IHnU1xvoS9dZ7G_x8
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 02:37:38 PM by Pepsifan04 »

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
Re: Expanded Combine Voices
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:03:38 PM »
This is great! I have edited sentences.txt before, mostly to add additional pain and death sounds and the metrocop sounds from the beta (the differences there is noticeable, but the idle chat is humorous). I will combine my own edits with this. Appreciated!

Is there any limits to how many sounds you can have?
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
  • Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!Onemanshow is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 08:12:27 PM »
Is there any limits to how many sounds you can have?

There's no limit I've encountered yet, and I have 24 metropolice idle (post-criminal) entries compared to the original 18.

I would guess it's 32 entries per type. But that's assuming there's a limit at all.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 06:57:43 AM »
NICE! Could I use this for my mod? I already have mine expanded a little bit(Metrocop screams when hes set on fire, like in the beta etc.) but this beats the shit out of it!

Offline Onemanshow

• JuanMan
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 05:13:07 PM »
NICE! Could I use this for my mod? I already have mine expanded a little bit(Metrocop screams when hes set on fire, like in the beta etc.) but this beats the shit out of it!

You don't need to keep asking me to use anything I make. As long as credits are given, you can do whatever you want with it.

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 06:12:46 PM »

You don't need to keep asking me to use anything I make. As long as credits are given, you can do whatever you want with it.

Alrighty :3

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal