Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: [SOLVED] No voices or expressions on SMOD Redux 8  (Read 8772 times)

Offline MateoD

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • MateoD has no influence.
[SOLVED] No voices or expressions on SMOD Redux 8
« on: July 04, 2013, 09:01:28 PM »
I installed SMOD Redux 8 + Addon Pack 1 + Patch, i followed this, i installed Source SDK Base 2006 and SMOD starts fine, but there's no voices. Also, there's no facial expressions, look at this picture, in which G-Man must be talking, but have a poker face and says nothing.

In Half-Life 2:

http://i4.minus.com/jAqp7zLI6p6R4.png

In SMOD Redux 8:

http://i5.minus.com/iUCnB1wI9ErNm.jpg

Also, i tried without the SteamPipe fix (SMOD don't start) and editing the addcontents.txt to SteamApps/common/Half-Life 2/hl2 (the same problem)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 12:55:13 AM by MateoD »

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: No voices or expressions on SMOD Redux 8
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:10:56 AM »
Looks like you are missing the scene files, open the console and look at the errors(written in red) it should say that there are scene files missing.

Offline xdanielx52

• xdanielx52 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 01:33:48 PM »
Download the latest Missing Information mod (http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/20180606/MissingInfo_1_6.rar), install it and copy and paste the scenes folder from your Missing Information folder to your Smod folder. Overwrite everything, if asked.
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 01:43:46 PM »
Download the latest Missing Information mod (http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/20180606/MissingInfo_1_6.rar), install it and copy and paste the scenes folder from your Missing Information folder to your Smod folder. Overwrite everything, if asked.

Why missing information? He could simply open the .gcf with GCFScape and extract the original files from there.

Offline xdanielx52

• xdanielx52 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 03:10:52 PM »
i got the same problem 1 year ago, extracting it from the *.gcf didn't worked for me, so i tried to copy them from MissingInfo, after that i got no problems with missing scenes.
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »
i got the same problem 1 year ago, extracting it from the *.gcf didn't worked for me, so i tried to copy them from MissingInfo, after that i got no problems with missing scenes.

Really? Hmm...extracting from the .gcf worked fine for me.

Offline MateoD

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 09:02:13 PM »
Ok, i'll try with that.

EDIT: I looked at the console and yes, there's the scenes files missing. I don't have the .gcf, so i must extract them of the .vpk files. żI should extract them on the scenes folder of SMOD or on the scenes folder of HL2?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:10:11 PM by MateoD »

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 10:36:44 PM »
Ok, i'll try with that.

EDIT: I looked at the console and yes, there's the scenes files missing. I don't have the .gcf, so i must extract them of the .vpk files. żI should extract them on the scenes folder of SMOD or on the scenes folder of HL2?

After you extracted them, simply put them into the same direction in your SMOD folder. If I remember correctly that would be maps/scenes, but I could be wrong.

Offline MateoD

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 12:54:37 AM »
Hi. I tried extracting the Missing Information scenes folder in HL2_SteamPipe and now works fine. Thanks all  ;D

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
Re: [SOLVED] No voices or expressions on SMOD Redux 8
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 08:45:06 PM »
You know, playing the game without voices or expressions actually sounds pretty cool. Ultimate Gordon Mode.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline Pangia

• Pangia has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2013, 10:36:21 AM »
Nah, it's not. I had some scenes missing when I had pirated version of HL2: Episode Two. It looked helluva awkward especially that somehow I had glitched sounds and there wasn't any of them in cut-scenes and some time after them. I managed to pass game anyway and later bought HL Complete Pack from Steam when it was on sale :)

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2013, 01:57:33 PM »
Nah, it's not. I had some scenes missing when I had pirated version of HL2: Episode Two. It looked helluva awkward especially that somehow I had glitched sounds and there wasn't any of them in cut-scenes and some time after them. I managed to pass game anyway and later bought HL Complete Pack from Steam when it was on sale :)

You better remove/edit that post, we dont want to see anything related to pirating here.

Offline Pangia

• Pangia has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2013, 03:58:41 PM »
Why? I don't have that "version" anymore, you can check my Steam ID to see that I do owe all HL games (besides HL: Source, which I didn't install and Deathmatch versions).

Offline Troggy Hordesman

• +3% chance to make useful post
  • Troggy Hordesman has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 04:12:40 PM »
Dude, seriously, stop digging your own grave.
My behind is behind me, always watching.

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 04:33:54 PM »
Why? I don't have that "version" anymore, you can check my Steam ID to see that I do owe all HL games (besides HL: Source, which I didn't install and Deathmatch versions).

look buddy, nobody wants to play detective and see if you really own HL2 or not. We don't care. Read the rules http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?page=rules
We only have 4 of them, its really easy.

thanks.