Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: need some help  (Read 3562 times)

Offline nayster13

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • nayster13 has no influence.
need some help
« on: September 29, 2013, 07:56:03 PM »
i have this problem with smod outbreak that it says  cant find background image materials/console/startup_loading.vtf  help please
ṆḀẏṠṮḕṙ13

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: need some help
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 09:45:47 PM »
u used Pepsis Steampipe fix?

Offline nayster13

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 10:40:38 PM »
nope I didn't I downloaded smod outbreak and installed it and try to play it and then that thing came up
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:44:42 PM by nayster13 »
ṆḀẏṠṮḕṙ13

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 07:50:54 AM »
nope I didn't I downloaded smod outbreak and installed it and try to play it and then that thing came up

there you have the solution then.

Offline nayster13

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 02:37:58 PM »

there you have the solution then.
thanks I also have one more problem none of the people speak like gman in the first level he just stands there not doing anything
ṆḀẏṠṮḕṙ13

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 02:46:12 PM »
thanks I also have one more problem none of the people speak like gman in the first level he just stands there not doing anything

You could try copying the scenes folder from the HL2 game files. Works for me.

Offline nayster13

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 03:22:04 PM »

You could try copying the scenes folder from the HL2 game files. Works for me.
where are they  located ? I cant find them
ṆḀẏṠṮḕṙ13

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 03:25:23 PM »

somewhere. Just open the main vpk (I always forget what is it called, the smallest of vpks from the main hl2 folder). If for some reason you still have the GCF files, open half-life 2 content.gcf and find the scenes folder. Copy it completely to your SMOD folder.
And for god's sake don't make me upload the folder somewhere.

I've also found the scenes folder in half-life 2 2007 base content.gcf. Not sure if that will work, because it's from 2007 (lol), and SMOD is compiled on the good ol' Source 2006.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:26:54 PM by Antivirus_404 »

Offline nayster13

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 04:02:04 PM »

somewhere. Just open the main vpk (I always forget what is it called, the smallest of vpks from the main hl2 folder). If for some reason you still have the GCF files, open half-life 2 content.gcf and find the scenes folder. Copy it completely to your SMOD folder.

I've also found the scenes folder in half-life 2 2007 base content.gcf. Not sure if that will work, because it's from 2007 (lol), and SMOD is compiled on the good ol' Source 2006.
hl2_pak_dir is this it it was 8kb
the only thing in there was a scene image file and put it in smod folder didn't do anything
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:05:59 PM by nayster13 »
ṆḀẏṠṮḕṙ13

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 04:09:31 PM »

the only thing in there was a scene image file and put it in smod folder didn't do anything

the _dir.gfc includes all of the contents of the other .gcf's.

Offline nayster13

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 04:11:27 PM »

where is it
ṆḀẏṠṮḕṙ13

Offline Comrade

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 04:18:55 PM »

Unfortunately, there is no such thing. The GCF file system used big files (about 1 gb in size). So you could open them up without the need of a _dir file.

Damnit, do I REALLY NEED to upload the scenes here?

Offline Comrade

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 04:20:17 PM »
Just checked - I don't have the scenes folder inside my SMOD folder, so I have no idea why are you experiencing said problem... ... ...
Are you sure you've got all of the maps?

Offline nayster13

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 04:48:38 PM »
Just checked - I don't have the scenes folder inside my SMOD folder, so I have no idea why are you experiencing said problem... ... ...
Are you sure you've got all of the maps?
yeah I got all the maps
ṆḀẏṠṮḕṙ13

Offline Comrade

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 05:30:11 PM »
yeah I've got all the maps

then I have no idea what's your problem.