Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Two questions.  (Read 1098 times)

Offline The Carrousel

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • The Carrousel has no influence.
Two questions.
« on: October 15, 2013, 01:37:36 PM »
Hey, I just have two simple questions:

1. How can I make the weapon's view model move around the screen. What is it called, free view or something? (Like in SMOD Tactical and Realism.)

2. I noticed that I can't pick up heavy props like bricks and barrols in some mods. Why is that?

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Two questions.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 02:10:39 PM »
1. To activate Red Orchestra like viewmode write this into the console: smod_ro_aimmode 1

2. The weight of a prop depends on the .qc the model got compiled with, there's a comman line added for it. As far I know the only ways to change that are decompiling the model, edit the values, and recompileit or changing its mass value in its keyvalues.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 02:22:55 PM by Counter-Life™ »

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 02:11:02 PM »
Hey, I just have two simple questions:

1. How can I make the weapon's view model move around the screen. What is it called, free view or something? (Like in SMOD Tactical and Realism.)

2. I noticed that I can't pick up heavy props like bricks and barrols in some mods. Why is that?

1. smod_ro_aimmode 1 in console

2. I have no idea. It may have to do with some console commands or something. In which case, you may need to look through the autoexec.cfg file and eliminate any of the lines preventing to pick up something heavy. But, to be honest, it may be possible that there's something hardcoded so you can't pick up heavy stuff, not a console command. In which case, I can't help you.

Offline gpgpgpgp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • gpgpgpgp has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 08:21:27 AM »
For Question2, Try this line in your console:

phys_massscale .01

It actually makes props weigh less (1% of normal weight), instead of letting you pick up something heavier.
Similarly, change that to a number more than 1 will make everything heavier, so you can't pick them up.

Go grab some cars and throw at your enemy, Freeman!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 08:30:09 AM by gpgpgpgp »