Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Animated Sprint Script Preview  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Monkatraz

• +4% chance to make useful post
  • Monkatraz has no influence.
Animated Sprint Script Preview
« on: October 17, 2013, 10:20:47 AM »
Sprint Preview

Going to be released soon, has a few bugs, hope you guys like it.
MLG

Offline Xamp

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Xamp has no influence.
Re: Animated Sprint Script Preview
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »
Certainly looks a LOT better then that old weapon lowering that comes standard.

On wall duty again

Offline Counter-Life™

• +17% chance to make useful post
  • Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »
Will it work on both mirrored and not mirrored weapons?

Offline Silktax

• +1% chance to make useful post
  • Silktax has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 01:07:25 PM »
Whoa, nice job, looks really great so far and I cannot wait to try out these animations myself.

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 01:17:07 PM »
How are these going to work? Are the animations are gonna be required to be inserted into each weapon's view model or what?

Offline Counter-Life™

• Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!Counter-Life™ is a rising star!
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 01:31:59 PM »
How are these going to work? Are the animations are gonna be required to be inserted into each weapon's view model or what?

No, I guess he will simply move the viewmodel via viewmodel_adjust 1 + commands. Thats why I am afraid it will only work with either non-mirrored or mirrored weapons.

Offline Comrade

• Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 02:51:10 PM »

No, I guess he will simply move the viewmodel via viewmodel_adjust 1 + commands. Thats why I am afraid it will only work with either non-mirrored or mirrored weapons.

Well, it should work with some edits.
If it works as CL said, Monkatraz: you should release mirrored and non-mirrored versions.

Offline Counter-Life™

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 03:15:46 PM »

Well, it should work with some edits.
If it works as CL said, Monkatraz: you should release mirrored and non-mirrored versions.
Well, the thing is that many people (including me) use weapons that are mirrored and that are not, so they still would go into the right direction when you sprint, and that would look weird.

Offline Comrade

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 05:10:59 PM »
Well, the thing is that many people (including me) use weapons that are mirrored and that are not, so they still would go into the right direction when you sprint, and that would look weird.

Well, that's a shame.

Offline FreeKill

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.FreeKill is working their way up.
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »
Love it.

P.S.: Where did you get an Uzi on CSS hands and L4D animations?

Offline Monkatraz

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 07:00:58 PM »
http://css.gamebanana.com/skins/117877
Also I'm releasing two versions for mirrored or non mirrored weapons.
MLG

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 09:07:18 PM »
It's almost the same thing like I did for Crylife, the difference is that you've used more then one viewmodel_y command to give an "animation" effect and spaced it with "wait", it's quite nice I'd have to say :)
but doesn't it lag a little bit when you start the sprint? (by lag I mean, player is unable to control anything until "animation" ends)

and for universal (mirrored and n/m) version you could only use viewmodel_u and viewmodel_p, it also gives quite nice effect if done correctly ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 09:09:26 PM by Pepsifan04 »
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR

Offline Monkatraz

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 09:09:20 PM »
There is no lag because it is so fast. You don't feel it at all. But your eyes still see that animation and still gives the illusion of movement, so the waits don't hurt anything.

Yeah, I'm trying other ways to animate it, but for now this does pretty well.
MLG