Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Invisible viewmodel ingame  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Vedad1944

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Vedad1944 has no influence.
Invisible viewmodel ingame
« on: October 20, 2013, 10:30:32 AM »
Well, I was converting a viewmodel from Goldsrc to Source, rigged everything compiled and tested it in the model viewer:

But ingame the model is invisible, I tried to "move" it on-screen with viewmodel_adjust "1" but still didn't appear.
The console does not mention anything wront with the model even with "developer 2".
Any ideas anyone?

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: Invisible viewmodel ingame
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »
Hmph.
I remember having the exact same problem with some other weapon skins from GameBanana.
No visible viewmodel, no visible errors in the console either.
I think it has to do with the version that the model is compiled for (as far as I remember, that was compiled for source2007).

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 12:58:24 PM »
the model path/name in weapon_custom may be wrong, also try removing, or setting to zero adjust parameters.
Recompiling the model might help, see if the model isn't rotated 180 degrees (in hlmv: options/viewmodel mode)
It might be also problem with textures because some textures render differently in hlmv and in-game,
also mess around with:
    "BuiltRightHanded"
    "AllowFlipping"
    "CSViewModel"
    "LagScale"
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 02:52:09 PM »
Just had a dumb idea:
are you sure you didn't set $no_draw 1 on the base texture? Oh wait, if you did, the hand would be visible anyway...
Check that anyway, just to be sure.

Offline Vedad1944

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 03:09:23 PM »
the model path/name in weapon_custom may be wrong, also try removing, or setting to zero adjust parameters.
Recompiling the model might help, see if the model isn't rotated 180 degrees (in hlmv: options/viewmodel mode)
It might be also problem with textures because some textures render differently in hlmv and in-game,
also mess around with:
    "BuiltRightHanded"
    "AllowFlipping"
    "CSViewModel"
    "LagScale"
Well, I made the model to replace the crowbar, so I rigged it on the v_crowbar model but I will mess with those.

Just had a dumb idea:
are you sure you didn't set $no_draw 1 on the base texture? Oh wait, if you did, the hand would be visible anyway...
Check that anyway, just to be sure.
No I didn't use $no_draw 1 on the texture.
I'm gonna experiment with the script and see what happens.  :)

Offline Vedad1944

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »
Pepsifan was right the model was rotated by -90 degrees, and I fixed it by adding "snap rotate 90" to each sequence in the .qc
Problem solved! :D

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.Pepsifan04 is on the verge of being accepted.
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 05:45:17 AM »
I'm glad I could help :D
Officially Unofficial BSNOOCH Discord:
https://discordapp.com/invite/eBqezeR

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal