Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Invisible viewmodel ingame  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Vedad1944

• +2% chance to make useful post
  • Vedad1944 has no influence.
Invisible viewmodel ingame
« on: October 20, 2013, 10:30:32 AM »
Well, I was converting a viewmodel from Goldsrc to Source, rigged everything compiled and tested it in the model viewer:

But ingame the model is invisible, I tried to "move" it on-screen with viewmodel_adjust "1" but still didn't appear.
The console does not mention anything wront with the model even with "developer 2".
Any ideas anyone?

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: Invisible viewmodel ingame
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 11:28:01 AM »
Hmph.
I remember having the exact same problem with some other weapon skins from GameBanana.
No visible viewmodel, no visible errors in the console either.
I think it has to do with the version that the model is compiled for (as far as I remember, that was compiled for source2007).

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 12:58:24 PM »
the model path/name in weapon_custom may be wrong, also try removing, or setting to zero adjust parameters.
Recompiling the model might help, see if the model isn't rotated 180 degrees (in hlmv: options/viewmodel mode)
It might be also problem with textures because some textures render differently in hlmv and in-game,
also mess around with:
    "BuiltRightHanded"
    "AllowFlipping"
    "CSViewModel"
    "LagScale"
DROP DATABASE bsnooch

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 02:52:09 PM »
Just had a dumb idea:
are you sure you didn't set $no_draw 1 on the base texture? Oh wait, if you did, the hand would be visible anyway...
Check that anyway, just to be sure.

Offline Vedad1944

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 03:09:23 PM »
the model path/name in weapon_custom may be wrong, also try removing, or setting to zero adjust parameters.
Recompiling the model might help, see if the model isn't rotated 180 degrees (in hlmv: options/viewmodel mode)
It might be also problem with textures because some textures render differently in hlmv and in-game,
also mess around with:
    "BuiltRightHanded"
    "AllowFlipping"
    "CSViewModel"
    "LagScale"
Well, I made the model to replace the crowbar, so I rigged it on the v_crowbar model but I will mess with those.

Just had a dumb idea:
are you sure you didn't set $no_draw 1 on the base texture? Oh wait, if you did, the hand would be visible anyway...
Check that anyway, just to be sure.
No I didn't use $no_draw 1 on the texture.
I'm gonna experiment with the script and see what happens.  :)

Offline Vedad1944

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »
Pepsifan was right the model was rotated by -90 degrees, and I fixed it by adding "snap rotate 90" to each sequence in the .qc
Problem solved! :D

Offline Pepsifan04

• +12% chance to make useful post
  • Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...Pepsifan04 might someday be someone...
    • Smod: CryLife
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 05:45:17 AM »
I'm glad I could help :D
DROP DATABASE bsnooch