Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Why no source code?  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Comrade

• +11% chance to make useful post
  • Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...Comrade might someday be someone...
Re: Why no source code?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 03:29:46 PM »

You seem to forget that this dosen't make the code less complex. The code just get transformed into something the PC can actually read.

I don't remember implying something like that.

Offline Bitl

• +7% chance to make useful post
  • Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.Bitl is working their way up.
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 01:04:27 AM »
It would be nice if the source code for SMOD was released in some way. If it does, I think we would expect a full port of SMOD to Source 2013 and maybe a fully working mutiplayer companion mod to go with it.

But for now, I'll think on using SMMOD's code.
FIREFIGHT RELOADED: GET IT NOW ON STEAM! http://store.steampowered.com/app/397680

crack tales, ooo-ooo

My Blog

"They are rage, brutal, without mercy. But you. You will be worse. Rip and tear, until it is don

Offline BIZ

• 32-Bit Hobo
  • +0% chance to make useful post
  • BIZ hides in shadows.
    • BSNOOCH.COM
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 02:52:13 AM »
It would be nice if the source code for SMOD was released in some way. If it does, I think we would expect a full port of SMOD to Source 2013 and maybe a fully working mutiplayer companion mod to go with it.

But for now, I'll think on using SMMOD's code.

SMOD source is likely never getting released. the project creator(s) have disappeared from the face of the earth.

It would be cool to have some more development done on SMMOD, hope you consider working on it if you have the skills and time..